Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
ojohn22 said:
Thank you very. I appreciate your input. I looked at the Section 11 you recommended and I'm thinking it s not particularly relevant to this case, but I will take a closer look at this.

I wish I could afford a lawyer or find a way of reaching out to them for a proper explanation.
I was thinking more about the discretionary powers of the officers if you fall in that category.

All the best with the appeal.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
bioleaching said:
Hey guys :(
Seems I will receive my rejection so soon,
According to the last assessment, I received 64 points, they did not give me 5 points for adaptability. :mad:
10 points age, 10 point language, 19 work experience, 25 education = 64, I can claim one more year work experience but it has just 2 points.

How long does it take if I go through that way to submit a Job offer?
Is it possible my supervisor give a job offer? (he is adjunct prof)
Any suggestion!!!

Thanks in advance,
Hi Bioleaching

Have hope until its done. Job offer might do the trick. But make sure it has the correct wordings and pay scale and etc etc. Also how far are you from finishing because if you submit, and if you are far from graduation, the question would be of relevance. You still have time for update.

Can you please share with us the GCMS details such as:-

1. When was the prelim assessment done by CIO and CPP.

2. Who did the assessment at CPP? Was it SL**** or someone else?

3. How much time after the document request was the assessment done at CPP?

4. Your lock in date.

Thanks and best of luck.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hi Bioleaching

Have hope until its done. Job offer might do the trick. But make sure it has the correct wordings and pay scale and etc etc. Also how far are you from finishing because if you submit, and if you are far from graduation, the question would be of relevance. You still have time for update.

Can you please share with us the GCMS details such as:-

1. When was the prelim assessment done by CIO and CPP.

2. Who did the assessment at CPP? Was it SL**** or someone else?

3. How much time after the document request was the assessment done at CPP?

4. Your lock in date.

Thanks and best of luck.
Yeah, job offer will work if he submits it soon enough. Luckily, I don't think you will need to show LMO for applications before May 4 2013, just HRSDC -approved AEO is enough (check Subsection 82 of the previous IRPR, or OP6B for more details).

if the applicant or their spouse or common-law partner completes further study, works in Canada, arranges employment in Canada, or gains relatives in Canada between application and assessment, and submits the necessary documentation, points must be awarded accordingly.
The five adaptability points for arranged employment must be granted, provided documentation is submitted before they make the final decision.

Another suggestion I can give to bioleaching would be to re-take IELTS as soon as possible. Even if he does not make it (God forbid), re-applying most likely would require him to re-take the test anyway.

N_O said:
Sorry to hear that!
They must sent you the PER because the CIO gave you 5 points for previous study in Canada, those points are not approved by Ottawa unless you finished the degree!
Unfortunately, you cannot appeal!
I think sagar84 has a really tough case. Even if he maxed out the work experience points, he would still be short of the required 67 points. About the only thing he can do is re-take IELTS, then reapply :(

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
JVJ said:
Hi Guys, I just received my PR about 15 mins ago (It arrived at post-office on Friday (21 June) but couldn't be delivered due to weather conditions). You guys are the first ones I am sharing this news with. Thank you so much for this wonderful forum..specially to Tyrus, Asbereth and mkrp who provided their valuable guidance when I needed it.

We will do our landing procedure this Friday or next Wednesday. Will let you know how it goes. And I'd be more than happy to help anyone who needs it.
Congratulations :) Just watch out for the long weekend traffic :D And do share your landing experience as well :)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Is there anybody here who have experience with ECA assessment? How long does it take? How much does it cost? should we contact with our previous university in the back home or the organization which do this assessment do it? what if we have the transcript and degree documents and be able to submit it by ourselves to the organization?
Since I was expecting a rejection email, I did the ECA assessment. I did it with WES (http://www.wes.org). They do it in 7 business days after they receive all the required documents.
Their price is better than others (180 $) and they did it fast. So, I recommend to go with WES if you want to do the assessment.
The transcripts must be sent directly form the university to them. Otherwise, they won't do the assessment.

How is your appeal going?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
sagar84 said:
I got rejection letter today :).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment: XXXX (NOC####), Research Assistant (NOC 4012). The table below sets out the points assessed:

Age 10 (10)

Education 25 (25)

Experience 17 (21)

Arranged employment 0 (10)

Official language proficiency 10 (24)

Adaptability 0 (10)

TOTAL 62 (100)

You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. Your periods of work experience as a Research Assistant do not meet the requirements of regulation 80(3) as the list of duties in your letters of reference do not match the actions contained in the lead statement of the NOC codes you selected.

I am wondering why did they send me the PER in the first place

Any suggestions if I could send a reply or an appeal with updated TA letter and claiming adaptability points ?

Thanks
Sorry to hear about that. Pretty much if you dont have amasters from Canada, its tight in this stream with RA/TA only. No scope for language points being less. File again with new language test. Appeal I don't know is going to work or not.

I personally have started looking into how to get education credentials verified for next one. I might be in the same boat.

Well best of luck with the appeal.

Please keep us posted.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
While sending an updated experience letter, do we need to make changes to the application too, the portion where we mention the NOC and brief description of duties?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hey Guys

Correct me, but a cousin (mother's sister's son) doesn't count as a relative right? I am sure about it that it doesn't but just want to confirm with you guys.

bioleaching

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks buddies,
To tell the truth I am not familiar with those abbreviations (IRPR, LMO, OP68).
I guess I do not have enough time for IELTS, probably they will reject me during next weeks.
I am working with industry in Canada, and my supervisor can give me a letter that I am working with two companies out of my RA.

Is there any specific form, our straight link that my supervisor can fill it and I send it as soon as possible?

I had a quick look at CIC web site, but I confused (maybe cause I am nervous).
I was selected as the best young researcher in my university, I won OGS, NSERC engage, and so many other awards. More than 16 articles in high rank journals during 4 years of PhD, and they do not gave me that 5 points. Because I counted that points I did not get IELTS exam as a serious case and without any experience I did, How stupid I am !!!

I appreciate all your helps.
I am waiting for your answers buddies.

asbereth said:
Yeah, job offer will work if he submits it soon enough. Luckily, I don't think you will need to show LMO for applications before May 4 2013, just HRSDC -approved AEO is enough (check Subsection 82 of the previous IRPR, or OP6B for more details).

The five adaptability points for arranged employment must be granted, provided documentation is submitted before they make the final decision.

Another suggestion I can give to bioleaching would be to re-take IELTS as soon as possible. Even if he does not make it (God forbid), re-applying most likely would require him to re-take the test anyway.

I think sagar84 has a really tough case. Even if he maxed out the work experience points, he would still be short of the required 67 points. About the only thing he can do is re-take IELTS, then reapply :(

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Eligible NOC Codes Stream: Applicants must have at least one year of continuous full-time or
equivalent paid work experience in at least one of the listed NOCs and not combined partial year
experience in multiple NOCs. Anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an
applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has
secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of first contract, this break in continuity
would be acceptable. The occupation must be listed in the MI.

Furthermore, an applicant’s work experience should reflect the actions described in the lead statement
for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC, including the performance of
a substantial number of the main duties and all of the essential duties described.The CIO will review
the documents related to work experience. They should include sufficient detail to support the claim of
at least one year of continuous work experience or equivalent paid work experience in one or more of
the occupations in the last 10 years. Documents lacking sufficient information about the employer, or
containing only vague descriptions of duties and periods of employment, should be given less weight.
Presented with documents containing descriptions of duties taken verbatim from the NOC code,
officers may question whether they accurately describe an applicant’s experience.
A document that
lacks sufficient detail to permit eventual verification and a satisfactory description of the applicant’s
experience is unlikely to satisfy an officer of an applicant’s eligibility.

myriam

May 26, 2013
Hi everybody,

Could you please tell me if this template for the TA work letter is fine? This letter is from the Director of the PhD program. In addition to this, I also attached letters from every single professor I worked for. Thanks for your help :)

Dear Madam/Sir,
I am writing in support of XXX’s application for permanent residency in Canada. XXX is a third year PhD student in XXX at XXX. She has been working as a Teaching Assistant (TA) at XXX from September 2010 to date.

Since 2010, XXX has been assigned 132.5 hours a semester and she has worked for a total of 795 hours to date. Her annual salary is as follows:
- Fall 2010-Winter 2011: CAD 9,784/year (CAD 36.92/hour);
- Fall 2011-Winter 2012: CAD 9,930/year (CAD 37.47/hour);
- Fall 2012-Winter 2013 CAD 10,129.00 (CAD 38.22/hour).

In particular, she has worked as a Teaching Assistant (TA) for the following courses at XXX:

Fall 2010
o Name of the course
TA supervisor: XXX
5 hours/week (total=65 hours)
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, midterm and final exams; assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; lecture attendance.
o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; lecture attendance.

Winter 2011
o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, midterm and final exams; assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; lecture attendance.

o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments; proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; lecture attendance; organizing reference materials and preparing visual aids (e.g., power point presentations) for lectures; conducting seminars to supplement lectures.

Fall 2011
o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, midterm and final exams; proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations.

o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; organizing reference materials and preparing visual aids (e.g., power point presentations) for lectures; conducting seminars to supplement lectures.

Etc....

I hope this information will help you evaluate this candidate and I strongly support her application for the Canadian permanent residency. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information.

Sincerely,
XXX

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
a_nashed said:
Hi

i have got 2 emails form Ottawa
1- Asking for RMCP police check :(
2- Asking to pay the RPRF
When did you receive it? I am wondering if they are still working at least at the minimum level or not!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
myriam said:
Hi everybody,

Could you please tell me if this template for the TA work letter is fine? This letter is from the Director of the PhD program. In addition to this, I also attached letters from every single professor I worked for. Thanks for your help :)

Dear Madam/Sir,
I am writing in support of XXX's application for permanent residency in Canada. XXX is a third year PhD student in XXX at XXX. She has been working as a Teaching Assistant (TA) at XXX from September 2010 to date.

Since 2010, XXX has been assigned 132.5 hours a semester and she has worked for a total of 795 hours to date. Her annual salary is as follows:
- Fall 2010-Winter 2011: CAD 9,784/year (CAD 36.92/hour);
- Fall 2011-Winter 2012: CAD 9,930/year (CAD 37.47/hour);
- Fall 2012-Winter 2013 CAD 10,129.00 (CAD 38.22/hour).

In particular, she has worked as a Teaching Assistant (TA) for the following courses at XXX:

Fall 2010
o Name of the course
o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; lecture attendance.

Winter 2011
o Name of the course

o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments; proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; lecture attendance; organizing reference materials and preparing visual aids (e.g., power point presentations) for lectures; conducting seminars to supplement lectures.

Fall 2011
o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, midterm and final exams; proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations.

o Name of the course
Duties: Grading term papers and assignments, proctoring and assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations; organizing reference materials and preparing visual aids (e.g., power point presentations) for lectures; conducting seminars to supplement lectures.

Etc....

I hope this information will help you evaluate this candidate and I strongly support her application for the Canadian permanent residency. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information.

Sincerely,
XXX
To be in the safe side, add the leading statement for TA, Post-secondary teaching assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching at universities and colleges.