Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Feb2004 said:
I had a similar question. This is what anjuku had to say:

yes i did put a cover letter saying that this is just supplementary information and that they should refer to my first letter for details regarding pay, hrs worked etc. I said the second letter is just to give more details of my RA/TA duties.
I wrote the same in the cover letter I sent with the supplementary ref. letter.

costel

May 27, 2013
"I read through recent posts, a lot of persons mentioned about the RA/TA duty description. I wonder if it means ok for my RA/TA reference letter since Ottawa office doesn't ask for the improved reference letter or it's better I prepare an improved one and send it with my original police certificate?"

They do not ask for improved reference letter, they simply reject the application: "Thank you for the interest in Canada and for the application fees which pay us a good salary, you stupid loser!".

Yes, you should update your reference letters.

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
costel said:
"I read through recent posts, a lot of persons mentioned about the RA/TA duty description. I wonder if it means ok for my RA/TA reference letter since Ottawa office doesn't ask for the improved reference letter or it's better I prepare an improved one and send it with my original police certificate?"

They do not ask for improved reference letter, they simply reject the application: "Thank you for the interest in Canada and for the application fees which pay us a good salary, you stupid loser!".

Yes, you should update your reference letters.
Thanks for your reply. In this case, what is the format for a perfect reference letter, my previous one pretty much refer to the description of NOC, also mentioning 20 hours per week and the salary with the signature from my supervisor and department administrative assistant. I mean, since I want to update it, I want to make sure it can meet the requirement this time.

Thanks a lot

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
mapleisland said:
Hi all,

Haven't been active in the forum for a while since heard nothing from Ottawa. I finally got document request for my original police certificate (the one I sent is outdated by now) via email today (Jun-13). Please update my status on the excel tracker file.

I read through recent posts, a lot of persons mentioned about the RA/TA duty description. I wonder if it means ok for my RA/TA reference letter since Ottawa office doesn't ask for the improved reference letter or it's better I prepare an improved one and send it with my original police certificate?

Also, are there any one studying in Quebec? I just graduated from McGill this month (June) in Montreal, Quebec and still need to work on my papers, so I casually worked for my supervisor as a research associate. I saw some persons got rejected because of quebec residence. I plan to move to Ontario after summer, but I am still worried if it's a problem staying and working in Quebec for summer since I'm graduated and I bet they should know that since I applied for work permit by the end of May. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
Hey Mapleisland

I am in Quebec as the name username suggests. I don't see you being in Quebec a problem. Post grad work permit is open and doesnt state you are in Quebec or not. Also doc request now is the changed system of assessment where they complete the file and then forward to the selecting officer unlike before when doc request was made by selecting officer (call him by any other nomenclature).

You are right that few got rejected from Quebec but they were in 3rd year of PhD and the question was the intention to settle outside of Quebec as the studies won't be completed by the time PR is processed. I will be graduating soon and have submitted post doc offer in Ontario. Submit the doc request and if you have an offer outside of Quebec, submit that too. In the meantime it will take time until they review your application and they might ask for the intention to leave Quebec after say months. Explain then or if you get offer before, update them. These are all speculations as we have not had a successful Quebec applicant yet. So fingers crossed. All we can do is apply and keep the documents updated. Hopefully you will be ok as you have already graduated and have a strong ground to prove of moving. Also update your address through eCAS when you move so that they know that you have legally moved outside of Quebec and its not that you have intent only (though it might not have much value, but still you will be updating it anyways and might give them assurance that yes you are out of Quebec).

I will still apply for CSQ as a back up as with this stream you never know. Even I am thinking of applying for CSQ close to graduation as I am not sure of assessment in this stream. Update your RA reference letter like other members of this forum (please read earlier posts).

I really don't know about Quebec status, if you have required french, apply for PEQ, or hope for CSQ.

We will see in coming months how it goes for Quebec applicants. No sweats.

Best of luck.

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hello Guys
I received document request email just today. :)
They requested police certificate and PhD information.

Just to inform you, yesterday I sent an email to them asking about sending my PCC because it will be expired at the end of July and I wanted to ask them if it's possible to send them before any request for additional documents and instead today I received document request email.

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Does anyone know how I should prepare PhD information for additional document request (including the field of study and the name and contact information of my supervisor)?
Should I write it down myself or my faculty/department should provide this letter?
Thanks

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hey Mapleisland

I am in Quebec as the name username suggests. I don't see you being in Quebec a problem. Post grad work permit is open and doesnt state you are in Quebec or not. Also doc request now is the changed system of assessment where they complete the file and then forward to the selecting officer unlike before when doc request was made by selecting officer (call him by any other nomenclature).

You are right that few got rejected from Quebec but they were in 3rd year of PhD and the question was the intention to settle outside of Quebec as the studies won't be completed by the time PR is processed. I will be graduating soon and have submitted post doc offer in Ontario. Submit the doc request and if you have an offer outside of Quebec, submit that too. In the meantime it will take time until they review your application and they might ask for the intention to leave Quebec after say months. Explain then or if you get offer before, update them. These are all speculations as we have not had a successful Quebec applicant yet. So fingers crossed. All we can do is apply and keep the documents updated. Hopefully you will be ok as you have already graduated and have a strong ground to prove of moving. Also update your address through eCAS when you move so that they know that you have legally moved outside of Quebec and its not that you have intent only (though it might not have much value, but still you will be updating it anyways and might give them assurance that yes you are out of Quebec).

I will still apply for CSQ as a back up as with this stream you never know. Even I am thinking of applying for CSQ close to graduation as I am not sure of assessment in this stream. Update your RA reference letter like other members of this forum (please read earlier posts).

I really don't know about Quebec status, if you have required french, apply for PEQ, or hope for CSQ.

We will see in coming months how it goes for Quebec applicants. No sweats.

Best of luck.
Thanks a lot for your reply with details. I did take several hours reading the previous posts. As for my application, I pretty much copy and past the NOC wording about duties and had the magic word "assist" as part of one duty not at the beginning of the letter though. To be safe, I'm thinking to update my reference letter and send with the requested police certificate. I haven't got any offer from out of Quebec yet, and not speak French at all. Kindof frustrated after reading recent posts, the ottawa office just keep use different kind of ridiculous reason to reject and stress people, attestation letter before, and now the reference letter. Anyways, wish the best for all of us.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I received the RPRF request today.
The link is not working. Do you have the right link?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
beh467 said:
Hi
nhab said:
Hello Guys
I received document request email just today. :)
Are they really on strike???!!!

ppb12

Jan 18, 2012
Got the passport back....It is really good feelings. I will let you know my landing experiences. Many well wishes for my fellow applicants.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ppb12 said:
Got the passport back....It is really good feelings. I will let you know my landing experiences. Many well wishes for my fellow applicants.
Congrats!! dada, at last your waiting comes to an end with success :)

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Hey guys,

I got medical request this morning. :) Thanks for all your help. I hope everyone would take serious and update their work experience letters.

beh467 said:
Hi

The link is not working. Do you have the right link?

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kuzey said:
Hey guys,

I got medical request this morning. :) Thanks for all your help. I hope everyone would take serious and update their work experience letters.
Congrats dude! Wish you much luck for the rest of the process :)

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Hi guys,
I just got my Passport back! This is my time line for the passport for those who are interested in this info:
My passport reached ottawa in May22, the xpresspost got activated yesterday June 13, and I got my passport today, June 14.
I will probably do my landing until the end of July. I will let you know.
If there are any other info of my timeline you are interested in send me a personal message.
I will be happy to help.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kuzey said:
Hey guys,

Congrats!!!