+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

costel

May 27, 2013
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from the University of X did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement as described in the NOC code you selected. Similarly, your letter of reference from Y Secondary School did not list any duties. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

I have been a RA/TA for 6 years, and previously a teacher in Cocostate for 4 years. In February I was required to provide proof of funds and a police clearance certificate, which I did (although it was not easy at all).

When I got the reference letters last year, I went to the persons responsible showing them the requirements of CIC, however I don't have control on what people write on those letters. In some cases and countries like Cocostate, there is a predefined form that is stamped and signed by the employer. How can one imagine that an employer will pay you if you have no duties? :)

I cannot afford to spend so much time with another application and it is clear that I should make no plans to remain in Canada. It also looks that my application went into the garbage. I cry after the ~100 work hours I put into it!

The letter I had from university of X: as a RA, the loser has been responsible for conducting research in ... RA are expected to work 35 hours per week, which is full-time for a grad student.

The loser has also been employed as a TA, the major responsabilities are: conducting of laboratory or tutorial sessions for undergraduate courses and grading assignments.

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
many people got similar rejections. You shouldn't feel too depressed. You already did what you can.
Try to finish PhD so you can do CEC.
costel said:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from the University of X did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement as described in the NOC code you selected. Similarly, your letter of reference from Y Secondary School did not list any duties. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

I have been a RA/TA for 6 years, and previously a teacher in Cocostate for 4 years. In February I was required to provide proof of funds and a police clearance certificate, which I did (although it was not easy at all).

When I got the reference letters last year, I went to the persons responsible showing them the requirements of CIC, however I don't have control on what people write on those letters. In some cases and countries like Cocostate, there is a predefined form that is stamped and signed by the employer. How can one imagine that an employer will pay you if you have no duties? :)

I cannot afford to spend so much time with another application and it is clear that I should make no plans to remain in Canada. It also looks that my application went into the garbage. I cry after the ~100 work hours I put into it!

The letter I had from university of X: as a RA, the loser has been responsible for conducting research in ... RA are expected to work 35 hours per week, which is full-time for a grad student.

The loser has also been employed as a TA, the major responsabilities are: conducting of laboratory or tutorial sessions for undergraduate courses and grading assignments.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
costel said:

Alas... So sorry to hear that...

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
costel said:
Sorry about this sort of reply which you got from CIC, but try to be strong. My application was rejected due to the exact same reason as yours. :(

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
costel , I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. If you want, you can post your reference letter here so we can see if you have some basis for reconsideration. It will be a slim chance obviously. If you don't mind, can you tell us when you applied last year?

And I hope it won't be too complicated for your to re-apply. While you're waiting for their reply, start preparing documents for a new application. The hardest part would be to get your educations assessed (I really hope your IELTS is still valid), so you should get that going as soon as possible.

costel

May 27, 2013
I applied in April 2012.

I have posted the references letters I had. Again, the letter from Canada was written by a secretary in the department and it is the basically the same letter for all the students who applied. I cannot write there what I want. It looks obvious to me that, if someone has doubts that a certain loser worked as a TA/RA for a major Canadian university, the way to go is to contact the university directly and ask! Maybe the loser lied and he didn't work at all!

No, I won't apply again. To me it looks clearly that they did their best to reject my application. First they required police clearance (thinking "maybe this criminal stayed in jail for a few years at least and we can reject his application"). Upon receiving my police clearance, they found another reason. I would have exactly the same application, I had jobs where I was payed without having any duties (yuhuuu!!) and, besides, my education is no longer valid and would have to be reassessed.

Canada is not the only country in the world after all...

costel

May 27, 2013
"Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. "

Thank you, Canada!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kg.jadu said:
Hi aidina,

I actually think that if your first application gets approved you may send them an email asking to reimburse you for the second one. After all, it would be their fault to not have attached your updated work experience letter to the file. As asbereth says, it is not a standard situation but if it pans out you will have saved yourself a $1100.

Looking forward to hearing good news about your case.

-kg.jadu
Lets see what happens. It is possible, yes. I will try it.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi N_0,
Please see the modified exp letter, where I have stressed the lead statement in the intro too:
This is to certify that ***** has worked in *****school as a Secondary School History Teacher from *** to ***. She prepared and taught history courses to secondary classes. Ms.*** worked thirty six hours per week and her annual gross salary was ****.

During her tenure in this school, she has performed the following duties:

• Prepared and taught World History and Indian History courses to XI and XII classes based on the curriculum of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
•Used teaching methods consisting of systematic lesson plans, discussions, audio-visual presentations, time-lines and maps. Organized field trips to historical sites, museums and book fairs.
(contains more duties***)

edwin83

Feb 8, 2012
Hey guys, just got another request for POF this morning. Please read this and help. Thanks.

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your
proof of funds were misplaced by our office and in order to help accelerate the
processing time of your application we would appreciate if you could send us your
proof of funds again. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

The first POF request was on Mar. 24 and I submitted by mail on Apr.2. After the submission I inquired about the status and CIC did reply that they've received my POF. Now they're asking for POF again but not indicating for which period. It seems that they do not believe the money belongs to me since I have a large deposit in January. I have one question: should I provide the POF from Sep. 2012 to Mar. 2013 (the same as the one I mailed them previously) or from Nov. 2012 to May 2013? The situation is that I bought a car in April after submitting the first POF. Thanks.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
edwin83 said:
Hey guys, just got another request for POF this morning. Please read this and help. Thanks.

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your
processing time of your application we would appreciate if you could send us your

The first POF request was on Mar. 24 and I submitted by mail on Apr.2. After the submission I inquired about the status and CIC did reply that they've received my POF. Now they're asking for POF again but not indicating for which period. It seems that they do not believe the money belongs to me since I have a large deposit in January. I have one question: should I provide the POF from Sep. 2012 to Mar. 2013 (the same as the one I mailed them previously) or from Nov. 2012 to May 2013? The situation is that I bought a car in April after submitting the first POF. Thanks.
I would suggest to send the recent statement that is from November 2012 to May, 2013. Are the funds in your bank account right now less than the suggested amount by CIC because you bought the car recently?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
edwin83 said:

It seems they lost the first one, as they say it was misplaced. I'd send them a six months bank statement up to date, you can send them a clarification note that you had to withdraw $k to buy a car, you may wish to send them the bill.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Feb2004 said:
Hi N_0,
Please see the modified exp letter, where I have stressed the lead statement in the intro too:
This is to certify that ***** has worked in *****school as a Secondary School History Teacher from *** to ***. She prepared and taught history courses to secondary classes. Ms.*** worked thirty six hours per week and her annual gross salary was ****.

During her tenure in this school, she has performed the following duties:

• Prepared and taught World History and Indian History courses to XI and XII classes based on the curriculum of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
•Used teaching methods consisting of systematic lesson plans, discussions, audio-visual presentations, time-lines and maps. Organized field trips to historical sites, museums and book fairs.
(contains more duties***)
Perfect!