20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hahahaha, you are gonna be ok. You have all the tracks covered. Do you think I should still send them the T4As???
I think that shouldn't hurt. I suggest you better to add your tax return copies as well if you wish to send those documents. I sent all notarized copies of these documents ;D, may be its too much though.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
May 23, 2013
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
RE: X

This will confirm that Mr.X is registered as a full-time student in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at XXX University Canada. Mr. Ahmmed commenced the program in January, 2010. He has completed three (3) years and five (5) months in the program as of May, 2013 and is expected to finish by 2014. Mr. X is in good standing in the PhD program.

Mr. X receives funding in the minimum amount of $Y (including benefits) per year for his work as a Research Assistant (RA) and Teaching Assistant (TA). Mr. X is now under the category of domestic student and such; he no longer received an International Tuition Award of $Z per year which he used to receive at the beginning of his enrollment.

As a post-secondary teaching and research assistant, Mr. X assists XXXX University professors in teaching and research activities. Following are the lists of his main duties as a Research Assistant (RA):
• Conduct literature reviews.
• Design and conduct experiments.
• Compiling experimental results and assisting professors in the analysis of results.
• Write journal papers -to communicate the experimental work complete with data analysis and interpretation presenting them in the context of existing information in the literature.
• Supervise undergraduate summer research students.
It is expected that PhD students work full time (35hrs/week) as an RA. I am pleased to inform that Mr.X has met this expectation for the last three (3) years and five (5) months continuously.

Mr. X responsibilities as a Teaching Assistantship (TA) are as follows:
• Assist professors in the preparation of class lecture materials.
• Conducts tutorial and moderate discussion group.
• Mark/Grade assignments, mid-term and final examinations.
As a TA he has worked 30-60 hours per semester for the Fall and Winter semesters for the last three years and five months which is total of 340 hours (till April, 2013).

If you require any further information regarding Mr. X status, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours sincerely

Here is the letter for ur future reference

What if we just want to add RA and forgot about TA?

I added as He has been assisting me professor.... in reserach activities. More specifically his main duties and responsibilities are as follows:

blablabala...

Is that ok?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
I think that shouldn't hurt. I suggest you better to add your tax return copies as well if you wish to send those documents. I sent all notarized copies of these documents ;D, may be its too much though.
Tax returns??? Hmmm.. But I have 0 tax returns every year, how will that help?? I wanted to financial sufficiency and independence but my tax returns don't show anything, rather I get a refund every year for QST and PST and tuition credits for future use.

Thoughts???

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Stuck In Quebec said:
Tax returns??? Hmmm.. But I have 0 tax returns every year, how will that help?? I wanted to financial sufficiency and independence but my tax returns don't show anything, rather I get a refund every year for QST and PST and tuition credits for future use.

Thoughts???
I am telling you, including tax return for Ra , makes things even more complicated.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
hooman2012 said:
I am telling you, including tax return for Ra , makes things even more complicated.
I agree, I will just send T4As to justify and support my letter for RAship.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
asbereth said:
rgb, it was only my bad luck :) Most people who landed actually had a nice and pleasant experience, and I'm not sure why she felt she needed to grind me on issues such as bank statements and TA/RA 'employment', but it was up to CIC to determine whether my work experience was valid, not CBSA :) Since you just got your GCMS notes, can you share what exactly was going on during 'Decision Made' date? I know you don't care about this anymore, but a lot of people would be curious :) And good luck with your landing and I hope you get back your passport really soon :D
Yes, I agree it was just bad luck. The woman was just bitter, or one of those who doesn't want immigrants.
I do care and would like to help as many people as I can in this forum. There is nothing in my GCMS notes after decision made. My GCMS is very long (38pages) and hard to follow but I just tried to find any notes in April and there is none!! There are a lot of notes of March, when they got my police clearance, medical, etc. The last notes are from March 28, after that, nothing, which means that they probably made their decision then (end of March) but they didn't do anything in April.
Some people have suggested that a lot of Visa officers take vacations in April. In my case it seems it was true.
Summing up, It seems that at the end of march they finished with my case, I saw "decision made in april 4", but It could have been earlier. They didn't do anything in april, and they sent me passport request in May 9th.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
hooman2012 said:
I think may be you are right. Actually i sent all those with my application but now sending these might make it complicate. I have added them since I work outside also and wanted to show them my financial status which reflects in my bank accounts.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
hooman2012 said:
Dude, My updated letter has been accepted without T4. In addition, we do not have T4 for RA, and it may cause additional problems.
I agree with Hooman2012. Cause T4A's are not for original income. They are for scholarships and research grants. So if we produce T4A's it might lead to confusion and rejection. I would prefer sending the tax summary by CRA over T4A's.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
chakri264 said:
I agree with Hooman2012. Cause T4A's are not for original income. They are for scholarships and research grants. So if we produce T4A's it might lead to confusion and rejection. I would prefer sending the tax summary by CRA over T4A's.
I would not even send tax summary. In the tax summary , RA is not mentioned as your Income.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
hooman2012 said:
I would not even send tax summary. In the tax summary , RA is not mentioned as your Income.
I think they all know about this (T4A or our T4 from TA and RA), it doesn't matter you send or not. Sending those doesn't mean they will confuse, cause Canada Revenue produce T4 and create the Tax summary based on that. CIC is very well known all about these story. But my case was different, I had multiple T4 slips, as I also work off campus. I wanted to clarify them my financial status more lucidly and thats the reason I have provided them all those info. I believe this will give me the advantage as an official evidence of my income and source of my savings. Moreover, in the document checklist they also suggested for T4 or pay stubs. But its definitely up to whether you wish to submit them or not. But there is no logical prove that sending T4 will reject your application.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
hooman2012 said:
I get my total funding from two sources. One from university as a scholarship and the second from my supervisor grants/funding as a research grant . I also work part time with off-campus work permit. Out of them, the part of income that I get as a research grant (18,500) and the income that I have from the part-time job (10,307) were shown as taxable in my 2012 tax summary. The tax summary did not include the scholarship amount that I get from the university as taxable. Hence I thought that I could show CIC this tax summary stating that I have the income from university for RA work. Wouldn't you (hooman2012) think that works? Suggestion please.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
chakri264 said:
I get my total funding from two sources. One from university as a scholarship and the second from my supervisor grants/funding as a research grant . I also work part time with off-campus work permit. Out of them, the part of income that I get as a research grant (18,500) and the income that I have from the part-time job (10,307) were shown as taxable in my 2012 tax summary. The tax summary did not include the scholarship amount that I get from the university as taxable. Hence I thought that I could show CIC this tax summary stating that I have the income from university for RA work. Wouldn't you (hooman2012) think that works? Suggestion please.

Yes I guess this works, as long as the amount of money that you claim in your RA is the same as this money that is appeared in tax summary.
I am talking about RA. because for RA tax does not show anything and that is not good in my opinion.
I have a question. Why does ever body wants to include tax return? did they ask for tax return? if yes , or if you have any particular reason that I do not know, let me know so that I send my tax return too.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
And I just looked at my tax return for 2013. It just mentioned TA as taxable income and it does not even show RA as even non-taxable income. Which means that the only income that I have according to tax return is my TA. If I include this, this means that I admit that my RA is not my income. I do not think this is something that I would do.

Including pay stubs makes much more sense than doing this.