09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kaziahmmed said:
This is simply ridiculous. They are just destroying our career at the most crucial time of our life. Destructing me severely from my work.
I agree with you!, they are playing word game, here I copied hamed_hamed_hamed's second letter which was still rejected by CIC:

Research Assistant Duties:
working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. The work include literature studies, developing new methods and improving scientific methods and performing experiments on them. Preparing research results and writing reports and scientific publications.[/

see, in this letter, he listed almost all main duties from NOC, but still got rejected. The only reason, if we analyze, is that, throughout the entire description, there is no indication about "assisting". "working with supervisor" is not equal to "assist", because they will think postdoc is also working with supervisors. This story tells us VO will first search if we include this key word,otherwise, it will not work.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
This is simply ridiculous. They are just destroying our career at the most crucial time of our life. Destructing me severely from my work.
I feel your pain, its takes a lot of time thinking about the next plan of action but you can't as the life is in pause mode. I have two hurdles, Quebec applicant and eligibility grid, if not then go to quebec route again and what not. lets just forget. will see what happens. Lets hope for the best for all the applicants. Only wish we could have a faster answer and think about plan B.

All these rejections just depress and enrage me as there is just lingos that they base the decision on and higher education or highest education doesnt matter. Then there are articles about brain drain from Canada to US and how we get degrees and use Canadian educational system as a stepping stone. Duh.. we wanna stay and contribute to the economy and pay back for the hospitality, but....

Lets just hope it end well for everyone.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
neuron said:
I agree with you!, they are playing word game, here I copied hamed_hamed_hamed's second letter which was still rejected by CIC:

Research Assistant Duties:
working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. The work include literature studies, developing new methods and improving scientific methods and performing experiments on them. Preparing research results and writing reports and scientific publications.[/

see, in this letter, he listed almost all main duties from NOC, but still got rejected. The only reason, if we analyze, is that, throughout the entire description, there is no indication about "assisting". "working with supervisor" is not equal to "assist", because they will think postdoc is also working with supervisors. This story tells us VO will first search if we include this key word,otherwise, it will not work.

The problem is not only the letter, is the evidence you provide to support your claim. Many of you are not submitting any documents to show your employment.

Ex: instead of a simple paragraph like that, I would to: Developing new methods for creating/organizing/ this and that bla bla, as can be seen in the attached document. Annex A. ... Paid this and that amounts, which can be seen in the attached pay slips and T4 forms. etc.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
TyrusX said:
The problem is not only the letter, is the evidence you provide to support your claim. Many of you are not submitting any documents to show your employment.
Sure, I agree. But if there is no other documents to be provided, you have to clearly show this is for NOC 4012(assisting....). They only see the evidence without any inference. Most of PhD students have no regular job contract, so it is hard to show other supporing documents. As I know, university only has T4a form for TA, but no any official emplyment contract for RA. Even if there are a so called RA emplpyment letter, it still does not show the detail duties like assisting xxxxxxx. Therefore, writing a reference letter becomes important.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:

Ex: instead of a simple paragraph like that, I would to: Developing new methods for creating/organizing/ this and that bla bla, as can be seen in the attached document. Annex A. ... Paid this and that amounts, which can be seen in the attached pay slips and T4 forms. etc.
I have submitted last two years pay stubs and T4s but still feeling very afraid perhaps there was any ambiguity in me reference letter. Today I am sending them another reference letter signed both from my supervisor and departmental authority. Although they didn't ask for any additional document but I really don't want to play gamble. This letter format I got one of my friend in this forum who already got the PPR and soon he will land. Also describe more explicitly which I feel like to be there. Thats the best I could do. But i don't know CIC will get mad or not even they didn't ask for any document, although they rejects mostly without any warning or giving any chance to provide any additional docs.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kaziahmmed said:
I have submitted last two years pay stubs and T4s but still feeling very afraid perhaps there was any ambiguity in me reference letter. Today I am sending them another reference letter signed both from my supervisor and departmental authority. Although they didn't ask for any additional document but I really don't want to play gamble. This letter format I got one of my friend in this forum who already got the PPR and soon he will land. Also describe more explicitly which I feel like to be there. Thats the best I could do. But i don't know CIC will get mad or not even they didn't ask for any document, although they rejects mostly without any warning or giving any chance to provide any additional docs.
good luck! Can you show how you wrote the letter?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Hey Kazi

Did you send them with your application or updated later??? Two years of pay stub, that would be a long document, but is a wise idea. Do you guys think it will make a difference now. My application has not gone for eligibility only selection and security done and POF requested.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
TyrusX said:

I only get T4A from our institute for my PhD stipend including RA duties, is sending them worth as:-

A T4A is a tax slip issued to students for scholarships, bursaries and other monetary awards. Amounts on T4As must be reported as other income on your tax return.

A T4 is a tax slip issued by an employer to employees for employment income they earned in the calendar year.

Please advice.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
neuron said:
good luck! Can you show how you wrote the letter?
May 23, 2013
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
RE: X

This will confirm that Mr.X is registered as a full-time student in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at XXX University Canada. Mr. Ahmmed commenced the program in January, 2010. He has completed three (3) years and five (5) months in the program as of May, 2013 and is expected to finish by 2014. Mr. X is in good standing in the PhD program.

Mr. X receives funding in the minimum amount of $Y (including benefits) per year for his work as a Research Assistant (RA) and Teaching Assistant (TA). Mr. X is now under the category of domestic student and such; he no longer received an International Tuition Award of $Z per year which he used to receive at the beginning of his enrollment.

As a post-secondary teaching and research assistant, Mr. X assists XXXX University professors in teaching and research activities. Following are the lists of his main duties as a Research Assistant (RA):
• Conduct literature reviews.
• Design and conduct experiments.
• Compiling experimental results and assisting professors in the analysis of results.
• Write journal papers -to communicate the experimental work complete with data analysis and interpretation presenting them in the context of existing information in the literature.
• Supervise undergraduate summer research students.
It is expected that PhD students work full time (35hrs/week) as an RA. I am pleased to inform that Mr.X has met this expectation for the last three (3) years and five (5) months continuously.

Mr. X responsibilities as a Teaching Assistantship (TA) are as follows:
• Assist professors in the preparation of class lecture materials.
• Conducts tutorial and moderate discussion group.
• Mark/Grade assignments, mid-term and final examinations.
As a TA he has worked 30-60 hours per semester for the Fall and Winter semesters for the last three years and five months which is total of 340 hours (till April, 2013).

If you require any further information regarding Mr. X status, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours sincerely

Here is the letter for ur future reference

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hey Kazi

Did you send them with your application or updated later??? Two years of pay stub, that would be a long document, but is a wise idea. Do you guys think it will make a difference now. My application has not gone for eligibility only selection and security done and POF requested.

Please advice.

Thanks.
I sent the pay stubs and T4s with my application. You can't even believe I provided all the monegram receipts which I sent to my wife in back home to prove our relation. There was tons of papers :((. I did my best from my part I guess.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kaziahmmed said:
May 23, 2013
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
RE: X

This will confirm that Mr.X is registered as a full-time student in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at XXX University Canada. Mr. Ahmmed commenced the program in January, 2010. He has completed three (3) years and five (5) months in the program as of May, 2013 and is expected to finish by 2014. Mr. X is in good standing in the PhD program.

Mr. X receives funding in the minimum amount of $Y (including benefits) per year for his work as a Research Assistant (RA) and Teaching Assistant (TA). Mr. X is now under the category of domestic student and such; he no longer received an International Tuition Award of $Z per year which he used to receive at the beginning of his enrollment.

As a post-secondary teaching and research assistant, Mr. X assists Queen's University professors in teaching and research activities. Following are the lists of his main duties as a Research Assistant (RA):
• Conduct literature reviews.
• Design and conduct experiments.
• Compiling experimental results and assisting professors in the analysis of results.
• Write journal papers -to communicate the experimental work complete with data analysis and interpretation presenting them in the context of existing information in the literature.
• Supervise undergraduate summer research students.
It is expected that PhD students work full time (35hrs/week) as an RA. I am pleased to inform that Mr.X has met this expectation for the last three (3) years and five (5) months continuously.

Mr. X responsibilities as a Teaching Assistantship (TA) are as follows:
• Assist professors in the preparation of class lecture materials.
• Conducts tutorial and moderate discussion group.
• Mark/Grade assignments, mid-term and final examinations.
As a TA he has worked 30-60 hours per semester for the Fall and Winter semesters for the last three years and five months which is total of 340 hours (till April, 2013).

If you require any further information regarding Mr. X status, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours sincerely

Here is the letter for ur future reference
Hi I think it looks good, because you have lead statement (assisting...) and substantially match main duties.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
I sent the pay stubs and T4s with my application. You can't even believe I provided all the monegram receipts which I sent to my wife in back home to prove our relation. There was tons of papers :((. I did my best from my part I guess.
By look of things right now, I would say it was a darn good idea. I think I will send mine too. Did you send T4A or T4 or both. I only got T4A. Our department is weird in all aspects.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Stuck In Quebec said:
By look of things right now, I would say it was a darn good idea. I think I will send mine too. Did you send T4A or T4 or both. I only got T4A. Our department is weird in all aspects.
I sent both T4 and T4A from school, sent the T4 from my other work (part time work under off campus work permit) :((. But everything will be in vain if they don't like me :(((((

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
I sent both T4 and T4A from school, sent the T4 from my other work (part time work under off campus work permit) :((. But everything will be in vain if they don't like me :(((((
Hahahaha, you are gonna be ok. You have all the tracks covered. Do you think I should still send them the T4As???

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:

Dude, My updated letter has been accepted without T4. In addition, we do not have T4 for RA, and it may cause additional problems.