Hi all, i got my GCMS last Friday
Eligibility : not started
Security : not started
Criminality : not started
Medical : not started
last update dec 15, 2012
due date: june 1, 2013
they awarded me 74 point, with 5 adaptability points for canadian study
but I am not sure whether the points awarded by ottawa or sydney, can you please tell me from your experience who award the points?
thanks
seems like Sydney as eligibility not started. fingers crossed. besides you have enough points.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
beh467 said:
Hi All,

It is my case!

It is written that "PA submitted letter of reference that listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA directly assists a faculty member"

However, these are parts of my reference letter which explain my work.

"He has been working as a full-time research assistant at ..."

"As my research assistant, he is mainly responsible for conducting technical reviews, laboratory and simulation experiments, compiling and analyzing research results, preparing scholarly publications and writing scientific journal papers."

I don't know how you can indicate that you have been assisting a professor!

Any idea what I can do now!
Since they are playing word game, we must write a key word "you are assisting or help supervisor with xxxxxxx (like you wrote)", you are lacking key word "assist" or its Synonyms.

ak0512

Apr 25, 2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
seems like Sydney as eligibility not started. fingers crossed. besides you have enough points.
thanks, that's what I thought, let's see what they finally decide.

shlam

May 13, 2013
Thank you for your response. Can you plz send me a link to the information for appealing at federal court?

I applied in Feb 2012, got my file number in Apr 2012, and got no doc request whatsoever from them till the rejection now!

sarsanballa said:
Sorry to hear this, what is your application timeline?

And there is no formal appeal procedure when it comes to CIC decision. You could appeal their decision at federal court, and you have 16 days from the day you receive CIC decision.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shlam said:
Thank you for your response. Can you plz send me a link to the information for appealing at federal court?

I applied in Feb 2012, got my file number in Apr 2012, and got no doc request whatsoever from them till the rejection now!
No problem, and you can find the appeal guide here,
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Practice_Guide_Immigration#intro

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
My older application has been apparently put in process again. "Decision made" has been changed to "in process" today. Right now, I have two "in process" status: one for the older application, and one for the recent one.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
aidina said:
My older application has been apparently put in process again. "Decision made" has been changed to "in process" today. Right now, I have two "in process" status: one for the older application, and one for the recent one.
I think they revamped the system and realized the stupidities with language of draft. Hope all will be good for you from here.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
aidina said:
Very good news. This means that they found the updated reference letter that you e-mailed to them before they make the decision.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
beh467 said:
Hi All,

It is my case!

It is written that "PA submitted letter of reference that listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA directly assists a faculty member"

"As my research assistant, he is mainly responsible for conducting technical reviews, laboratory and simulation experiments, compiling and analyzing research results, preparing scholarly publications and writing scientific journal papers."

Sorry to hear about your situation. Did you get any document request(s) since you file reached CPP-0?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
Mine too, Did you send another updated email?
Or did you complain or appeal or anything?
I appeal and after that my older one has been changed to In Process.

Did you include Assist university professor in RESEARCH ACTIVITIES in older letters?

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
beh467 said:
Hi All,

It is my case!

Do you have any publications where your name and your professor's name are listed? In my opinion, if CIC won't accept that, there is nothing they would want to accept and would be clear evidence they are hell-bent on rejecting every application they receive.

So your best bet is scholarly publications! Good luck!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neuron said:
Since they are playing word game, we must write a key word "you are assisting or help supervisor with xxxxxxx (like you wrote)", you are lacking key word "assist" or its Synonyms.
Thanks. I will try to add the word "assist" as well as more detailed information as possible. However, my letter has the "as my research assistant" which I think is an indicator that I have been assisting the professor.

S_Govind said:
Sorry to hear about your situation. Did you get any document request(s) since you file reached CPP-0?
I did not get any document request. I have not got the refusal email yet. However according to the GCMS, officer has assessed my file in April 15.

noc4012 said:
Do you have any publications where your name and your professor's name are listed? In my opinion, if CIC won't accept that, there is nothing they would want to accept and would be clear evidence they are hell-bent on rejecting every application they receive.

So your best bet is scholarly publications! Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion. I have publications with my supervisor.
I will talk to an immigration lawyer and prepare an email to send to CPP-O when I get the refusal letter.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
beh467 said:
Thanks. I will try to add the word "assist" as well as more detailed information as possible. However, my letter has the "as my research assistant" which I think is an indicator that I have been assisting the professor.
to our understanding VO's behavior so far, they only refer the NOC description, we cannot say to a VO that from something you can infer somthing, they do not do any reasonning like math. you mentioned "as a research assistant" only indicates your position is a research assistant, but in their mind, you must describe in the following that you are assisting xxxxx, which is the lead statement.

so I think thoese key verbs are extremly important.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
When writing the letter, I think we should all assume that the letter is addressed to an idiot. DO NOT assume anything. Put everything down. It goes against proper English writing and is going to be long redundant text, but I am sure we all prefer that to getting rejected over game of semantics. Be very explicit and pay attention to the" lead statement".

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
sia_kb8 said:
When writing the letter, I think we should all assume that the letter is addressed to an idiot. DO NOT assume anything. Put everything down. It goes against proper English writing and is going to be long redundant text, but I am sure we all prefer that to getting rejected over game of semantics. Be very explicit and pay attention to the" lead statement".
Universities have standard text and will not custom-make letters each time CIC finds a tiny loophole in the existing text. As a matter of fact, HRSDC got their NOC descriptions from employers, not the other way around. They collected info on RA duties from universities. THEY did the copy-paste, not applicants. They're not idiots - they are mean spirited.