CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hossein61 said:
The line of "Medical results have been received" has been added to my application status.
That was super duper fast, Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
HTC2013 said:
They gave me 67. Based on my case, I should get 68. they didn't give me 4 points of my education and 2 points of work, but gave 5 from study.
68-4-2+5 = 67
I think should we send them an inquiry regarding those adaptability points, we should get them easily as we documented them well!
Even your RA experience should be approved by Sydney, as they just add up what the applicant claims, the verification job is Ottawa's, when the selection assessment start there, they may be not satisfied with an experience letter, so they refuse a year or two or all of them!

However, I believe that Ottawa does not care at all about this initial assessment, they do their own assessment from scratch!

shlam

May 13, 2013
Hi,

I just got rejected with the same letter from OttPilot for my work experiece as an Engineer. My duties in the letter are not the same as the NOC word by word, but I believe it is describing the same duties. Do you know if we can appeal when rejected? I mean is that an option at all?

hooman2012 said:
Finally I got rejected too.

"I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from your employers did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement described in the NOC codes you selected. More specifically, there was no evidence that you assisted university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.
"

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shlam said:
Hi,

I just got rejected with the same letter from OttPilot for my work experiece as an Engineer. My duties in the letter are not the same as the NOC word by word, but I believe it is describing the same duties. Do you know if we can appeal when rejected? I mean is that an option at all?
Sorry to hear this, what is your application timeline?

And there is no formal appeal procedure when it comes to CIC decision. You could appeal their decision at federal court, and you have 16 days from the day you receive CIC decision.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
sarsanballa said:
Sorry to hear this, what is your application timeline?

And there is no formal appeal procedure when it comes to CIC decision. You could appeal their decision at federal court, and you have 16 days from the day you receive CIC decision.
Hi there,

Did you apply again?

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi All,

My friend wants to apply under PhD stream. He has 4 years Bachelors from India. 2 years Masters from Canada, and now 2 years for on going PhD studies in Canada.

Does he needs to get ECA for his Bachelors degree from India ?

Or he is exempt from ECA because his Masters is from Canada ?

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
FYI

One of my friends who is April 2012 applicant just got his CAIPS. Although he did not hear from Ottawa yet an officer put a note for him one month ago that his work experience letter has no indication that he assisted the university professor and so he does not met the minimum requirements.

His letter clearly says that the student responsibilities as a research assistant was conducting technical review, developing necessary laboratory experiments, compiling and analyzing research results and preparing scholarly publications.

I have no idea how he can improve his letter. This is crazy. I have no idea how the officer concluded that there is "no indication" that he assisted the professor in the letter. It seems that they already made their way to reject him but never contacted him. They have no respect for the applicants.

I hope that it is a mistake on his CAIPS as long as they have not send any email to him. Otherwise it is super disappointing. You even have no idea how you can improve the letter.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indusvision said:
Hi All,

My friend wants to apply under PhD stream. He has 4 years Bachelors from India. 2 years Masters from Canada, and now 2 years for on going PhD studies in Canada.

Does he needs to get ECA for his Bachelors degree from India ?

Or he is exempt from ECA because his Masters is from Canada ?
If you friend is going to use the master degree from Canada to apply, then he DOES NOT need to get ECA for his bachelor degree from India.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
sarsanballa said:
If you friend is going to use the master degree from Canada to apply, then he DOES NOT need to get ECA for his bachelor degree from India.
I share the same opinion. You only need to assess your credential if you want your foreign credential to be evaluated for Canadian equivalency. Since your friend already has a Canadian degree as his highest degree, then, based on how I interpret the rule, it wouldn't matter whether he gets his Bachelor's from India evaluated, since it won't affect his education points (he already has 23 points from Canadian Master's, and these points no longer depend on the number of years).

Admittedly, if I was in his position, I would still assess the Indian bachelor's degree, just in case Ottawa decides to troll later on during the processing, but in my opinion, it is not necessary since you won't depend on this degree to obtain education points.

If you are only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kuzey said:
FYI

One of my friends who is April 2012 applicant just got his CAIPS. Although he did not hear from Ottawa yet an officer put a note for him one month ago that his work experience letter has no indication that he assisted the university professor and so he does not met the minimum requirements.

His letter clearly says that the student responsibilities as a research assistant was conducting technical review, developing necessary laboratory experiments, compiling and analyzing research results and preparing scholarly publications.

I have no idea how he can improve his letter. This is crazy. I have no idea how the officer concluded that there is "no indication" that he assisted the professor in the letter. It seems that they already made their way to reject him but never contacted him. They have no respect for the applicants.

I hope that it is a mistake on his CAIPS as long as they have not send any email to him. Otherwise it is super disappointing. You even have no idea how you can improve the letter.
That's crazy. So they came up with a decision a month ago, yet they have not yet contacted him to this date? I know now is probably not a good time to pester your friend about this, but can you share exactly what the officer wrote on his GCMS notes? Did it say explicitly that it was rejected due to not having completed one continuous year of work experience?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
HTC2013 said:
They gave me 67. Based on my case, I should get 68. they didn't give me 4 points of my education and 2 points of work, but gave 5 from study.
68-4-2+5 = 67
Congrats!!! What a cliffhanger!!! Sydney is very inconsistent, real test would be getting past Ottawa.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:
That's crazy. So they came up with a decision a month ago, yet they have not yet contacted him to this date? I know now is probably not a good time to pester your friend about this, but can you share exactly what the officer wrote on his GCMS notes? Did it say explicitly that it was rejected due to not having completed one continuous year of work experience?
Hi All,

It is my case!

It is written that "PA submitted letter of reference that listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA directly assists a faculty member"

However, these are parts of my reference letter which explain my work.

"He has been working as a full-time research assistant at ..."

"As my research assistant, he is mainly responsible for conducting technical reviews, laboratory and simulation experiments, compiling and analyzing research results, preparing scholarly publications and writing scientific journal papers."

I don't know how you can indicate that you have been assisting a professor!

Any idea what I can do now!

ak0512

Apr 25, 2013
Hi all, i got my GCMS last Friday
Eligibility : not started
Security : not started
Criminality : not started
Medical : not started
last update dec 15, 2012
due date: june 1, 2013
they awarded me 74 point, with 5 adaptability points for canadian study
but I am not sure whether the points awarded by ottawa or sydney, can you please tell me from your experience who award the points?
thanks