+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
nima2000 said:
Hi,
I have been asked for PCC. However, I did send them my PCC in the first place. I got that PCC the last time whcih I traveled to my country(Aug 2011). So now I wonder If I can send them an email explaining that I have not traveled to my country since that date, therefore they should accept the old PCC.

What do you think? Should I give it a try? did we have the same case before?
They need new ones can your embassy here or relatives back home help?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
nima2000 said:
Hi,
I have been asked for PCC. However, I did send them my PCC in the first place. I got that PCC the last time whcih I traveled to my country(Aug 2011). So now I wonder If I can send them an email explaining that I have not traveled to my country since that date, therefore they should accept the old PCC.

What do you think? Should I give it a try? did we have the same case before?
Hi Nima

According to rules, they should not ask. Send them an email backing it up with scanned copy of stamped pages of your passport as proof of you didnt leave Canada. But as per rules too, PCC is good for 6 months. I would play safe and send them email and start the process of getting a new PCC too. I recently got a new one and submitted even though I was not asked for one just in case and besides, I had already spent the money and its easy to get one with my nationality and place of stay. Nonetheless, I understand its difficult to get it from Iran, but do as above and save time. If they agree, its the best, if not, you already set the ball in motion.

Best of luck.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hi Nima

According to rules, they should not ask. Send them an email backing it up with scanned copy of stamped pages of your passport as proof of you didnt leave Canada. But as per rules too, PCC is good for 6 months. I would play safe and send them email and start the process of getting a new PCC too. I recently got a new one and submitted even though I was not asked for one just in case and besides, I had already spent the money and its easy to get one with my nationality and place of stay. Nonetheless, I understand its difficult to get it from Iran, but do as above and save time. If they agree, its the best, if not, you already set the ball in motion.

Best of luck.
For immigration purposes, PCC is valid for a year, after that you must provide CIC with a new one, no matter if you travelled to your home country or not.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
phdsocialwork said:
N_O, I am able to see mine. But I would not worry too much since it is weekend and they are just doing their thing. You will be able to see it again on Monday, you will see. I know that you and me are still waiting for PER and I hope that we will received it soon so that we can start expecting the next thing. It will be OK.
Still not working for me! Not even for the old application number that was rejected.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
N_O said:
Still not working for me! Not even for the old application number that was rejected.
In between the encashing of my credit card and the receipt of PER, my ECAS too had disappeared for a while. Nothing to worry.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Feb2004 said:
In between the encashing of my credit card and the receipt of PER, my ECAS too had disappeared for a while. Nothing to worry.
Ok, thanks!

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
aidina said:
For immigration purposes, PCC is valid for a year, after that you must provide CIC with a new one, no matter if you travelled to your home country or not.
The PCC validity depends on the country issuing it to you. Our embassy states its valid for 6 months from their side. Immi Canada takes it for one year but has every right to ask for new depending your home travel and the current political situation in home country at the time of travel. My PCC was more than 1 year old and I was not asked for one but provided a new one as couple of my friends were asked for it even within one year of its issuance just because they went home for a bit.

In the end gotta do what they ask for.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
The PCC validity depends on the country issuing it to you. Our embassy states its valid for 6 months from their side. Immi Canada takes it for one year but has every right to ask for new depending your home travel and the current political situation in home country at the time of travel. My PCC was more than 1 year old and I was not asked for one but provided a new one as couple of my friends were asked for it even within one year of its issuance just because they went home for a bit.
I actually got a request for PCC on Feb 26, and I asked for clarification on what exactly they asked. Three weeks later, they sent me an email, stating that what they wanted were both a PCC from my country of origin (despite me not having lived there since age of 18 for more than 6 months), and an updated FBI PCC. So I submitted my country's PCC, and just two weeks ago, I sent them my FBI PCC.

I just got my GCMS notes on Friday last week (I ordered for it on March 22, so it took almost a month; some people here got it much faster, not sure why it took a long time for me), and in it, it stated that I passed criminality. Under the criminality section, they included my expired FBI PCC (since the GCMS notes included only information up to March 28, it does not yet have information of the new FBI PCC I just sent two weeks ago). It seems to me that, even though the PCC was already expired by the time I passed my criminality, they still considered it, so you may or may not be asked again for new PCC if you have submitted one that is not more than three months old with application submission.

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
asbereth said:
I actually got a request for PCC on Feb 26, and I asked for clarification on what exactly they asked. Three weeks later, they sent me an email, stating that what they wanted were both a PCC from my country of origin (despite me not having lived there since age of 18 for more than 6 months), and an updated FBI PCC. So I submitted my country's PCC, and just two weeks ago, I sent them my FBI PCC.

I just got my GCMS notes on Friday last week (I ordered for it on March 22, so it took almost a month; some people here got it much faster, not sure why it took a long time for me), and in it, it stated that I passed criminality. Under the criminality section, they included my expired FBI PCC (since the GCMS notes included only information up to March 28, it does not yet have information of the new FBI PCC I just sent two weeks ago). It seems to me that, even though the PCC was already expired by the time I passed my criminality, they still considered it, so you may or may not be asked again for new PCC if you have submitted one that is not more than three months old with application submission.
Hi asbereth,

I also never lived in my country of origin since the age of 6 and don't even have an address there. I doubt authorities would even give me PCC. Would CIC still insist on PCC?

For FBI PCC, is it easier/faster to do it while I am in the US instead of mailing documents from Canada?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
noc4012 said:
Hi asbereth,

I also never lived in my country of origin since the age of 6 and don't even have an address there. I doubt authorities would even give me PCC. Would CIC still insist on PCC?

For FBI PCC, is it easier/faster to do it while I am in the US instead of mailing documents from Canada?
I submitted a request for FBI PCC on Feb 25, and it did not finish getting processed until March 22. I got it on April 3, and they told me they mailed it (using regular mail) on March 29. I'm not sure if it would be much faster if I was in the States, but maybe it would if you go directly to the police station? Not sure.

Regarding PCC from my country of origin, this is what they said when I asked for clarification (they replied three weeks!! after I asked them for clarification)

Please provide a police certificate from Indonesia; although you were under 18 at the time you lived there, we still require a police certificate in your case.
So they did insist on getting my Indonesian PCC (it's even part of my criminality check), even though I was 17 when I left, and have not accumulated more than 6 months of residence in Indonesia since the age of 18 :(

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
I have just received email notifying me about PER. Yay! When CIO Sydney says to notify visa office about any further changes, what that visa office is? Is it Ottawa? Or should I just ask them? Because I want to send them some additional documents but not sure where to send them.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
I want to get a official letter shows that I am in-principle PR. I think its called "Approval in Principle letter".
Does anybody have any idea?
TX

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Hey guys,
when you ordered CAIPS did you select "academia" or "member of the public" in the question f the category that best describes you?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
phdsocialwork said:
I have just received email notifying me about PER. Yay! When CIO Sydney says to notify visa office about any further changes, what that visa office is? Is it Ottawa? Or should I just ask them? Because I want to send them some additional documents but not sure where to send them.
I got mine also today! Yes, Ottawa if you chose it for processing the application.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rgb said:
Hey guys,
when you ordered CAIPS did you select "academia" or "member of the public" in the question f the category that best describes you?
I put academia. Please correct me if I am wrong.