CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Any news from Ottawa ? I am still waiting.
When did get your PER? I think it was more than a year ago, wasn't?

ppb12

Jan 18, 2012
The_Prince said:
Really !
my original one is even much brief than that, I really don't know what else to include. In that way I have nothing to add more than extra technical details that probably the officer is not gonna understand !
From my experience GOOD letter should be more direct, especific. Not necessarily talk about how good student you are, what exciting project you are working on, what are the achievements are.... What you need, you need to covey exact information and key words what they are looking for.

For example

To whom it may be concern:

Letter of reference for XXXXXXXXX

I am writing this leter in support of XXXXXX's aplication for permanent residency in Canada. (Should be a bit details about your program name, department and when you joint.)

As a PhD student he is emplyed as FULL time Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant. He spends XXX hours/week for TA and XX hours/week for RA for a total of XXX hours/week. (You can talk about total number of hours, duration of your job and how long you have been employed, I mean your end of contact.)

Mr. XXXXX works under my supervison, His main duties and responsibilities as a RA are as follows

1.Design and conduct experiment
2.XXXXXXXXX
3.XXXXXXXXX
4.Perform literature review
5.XXXXXXXXX
6.Wite journal paper to communicate.......
7. Supervise undergraduate summer research students (additional, not in the list though)

His Main responsibilities as TA are as follows

1.Assist in the preparations of class lecture materials
2.XXXXXXXXXXXX
3. Grade assignments and examinations
4.XXXXXX

His annual salary is XXXXX CAD per year. He also receives XXXXXXXXXX, (you can talk about other benifits and at last total amount of salary).

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email atXXX@XXX.ca or telephone at XXXXX.

Sincerely

As I did, the important information should be in bold, then no way to miss those and responsibilities to point wise, easy to find out.

I hope it will help others. GOOD LUCK

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Finally I got rejected too.

"I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from your employers did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement described in the NOC codes you selected. More specifically, there was no evidence that you assisted university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.
"

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
ppb12 said:
From my experience GOOD letter should be more direct, especific. Not necessarily talk about how good student you are, what exciting project you are working on, what are the achievements are.... What you need, you need to covey exact information and key words what they are looking for.

For example

I am writing this leter in support of XXXXXX's aplication for permanent residency in Canada. (Should be a bit details about your program name, department and when you joint.)

As a PhD student he is emplyed as FULL time Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant. He spends XXX hours/week for TA and XX hours/week for RA for a total of XXX hours/week. (You can talk about total number of hours, duration of your job and how long you have been employed, I mean your end of contact.)

Mr. XXXXX works under my supervison, His main duties and responsibilities as a RA are as follows

2.XXXXXXXXX
3.XXXXXXXXX
5.XXXXXXXXX
7. Supervise undergraduate summer research students (additional, not in the list though)

2.XXXXXXXXXXXX
4.XXXXXX

His annual salary is XXXXX CAD per year. He also receives XXXXXXXXXX, (you can talk about other benifits and at last total amount of salary).

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email atXXX @ XXX.ca or telephone at XXXXX.

Sincerely

As I did, the important information should be in bold, then no way to miss those and responsibilities to point wise, easy to find out.

This is great! my second application has almost the same template, but I did not put the duties in a list, they were in a paragraph. Hopefully, it will be accepted!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
hooman2012 said:

"I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from your employers did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement described in the NOC codes you selected. More specifically, there was no evidence that you assisted university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.
"
oh noooooo...so did they consider your second reference letter???....but your letter seems to be a bit different from the ones other members have received...they specify that "there was no evidence that you assisted university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities"....i wonder what they mean by that???????????/

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
anjuku said:
oh noooooo...so did they consider your second reference letter???....but your letter seems to be a bit different from the ones other members have received...they specify that "there was no evidence that you assisted university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities"....i wonder what they mean by that???????????/
I guess you have to make sure that you write some key words. "Help university professor on analysing the results " or some crap like that. Damn it.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:

"
Sorry to hear that! It looks different than all others rejection, what did they mean by "More specifically, there was no evidence that you assisted university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities"? It seems that your letter didn't match even the leading statement!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
I guess you have to make sure that you write some key words. "Help university professor on analysing the results " or some crap like that. Damn it.
Would you share your reference letter?

The template that ppb12 shared is perfect! Use it for your new application, I am sure you'll make it this time.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
N_O said:
Sorry to hear that! It looks different than all others rejection, what did they mean by "More specifically, there was no evidence that you assisted university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities"? It seems that your letter didn't match even the leading statement!
It means that if they can not reject you similar to others, they look for something else to reject you

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
It means that if they can not reject you similar to others, they look for something else to reject you
Sorry for that!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
N_O said:
Would you share your reference letter?

The template that ppb12 shared is perfect! Use it for your new application, I am sure you'll make it this time.
Mine was even more complete.
I will share mine soon,

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Mine was even more complete.
I will share mine soon,
The first or the second one?

ppb12

Jan 18, 2012
ppb12 said:

For example

2.XXXXXXXXX
3.XXXXXXXXX
5.XXXXXXXXX

2.XXXXXXXXXXXX
4.XXXXXX

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email atXXX @ XXX.ca or telephone at XXXXX.

Sincerely

Other two important things to include

1. you letter should be signed by your supervisor or the persion who will issue the letter, printed name and designation of referee should appear in the bottom of the signature
2. Put exact same duties and responsibilities in your application form whatever written in the reference letter.

Sometimes we are claiming one, letter is saying another, even if there are important infomration in the letter but it is confusing.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just got a request for proof of funds! FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! (please, update my status/info. thank you.)

This is good news to all of you March and April applicants. My application was submitted on March 28th, 2012. You know, I may not even need medicals - I came in with the study permit (medical was done, of course) and have not left the country since then. My family traveled back home just last summer and they had to do medical when they requested the visa renewal. So, theirs must be in the system as well... Pretty cool!!! :)

Here is the copy of the message for those who need the details:

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

> Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. This must be received at this office by: 05/07/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."