+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Victory 2013

Jan 11, 2013
salam20 said:
I am pleased to know that. On my side, I am still waiting for the PER. They did not ask me for anything. I did not get any email from them. I was planning to send them these supporting documents since week ago. In fact, I sent them the documents then I got to know that my credit card was encashed.
Keep me updated.
Thank for you reply. I will let u know once I ll get it.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
hooman2012 said:
Hello guys I have a question.

Should we have that much money in our bank account for 6 month?
Because I do not have it for 6 month but I work as TA/RA and I receive money from payrol every two weeks
and now it 12000$. if they ask me I can give that but for sure it was not 12000 6 month ago. it was about
6000$. is that a problem?

To me they ask for 6 month bank statement to see if that money is really for us and we did not borrow they do not
care if we have that much money 6 month ago. Is that right?

Also, We are all international students I receive support from my family and I have receipt for that. Is that
considered as the money that is not mine and I borrowed?
Try to keep your savings up to the limit. Try to show that your family or your parents have money and they are supporting your studies and living till you get a job after you finish your studies. Show that through a letter from them or from one of your relatives or both. Get their bank statements and their real states or wealth, if that will help. include everything like cars, .. etc

dibooooostar

Apr 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have a new born baby (Canadian). I got my PER in March 2012 and no response till now. What do I have to do to inform them about my baby?

Thanks in advance

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
Try to keep your savings up to the limit. Try to show that your family or your parents have money and they are supporting your studies and living till you get a job after you finish your studies. Show that through a letter from them or from one of your relatives or both. Get their bank statements and their real states or wealth, if that will help. include everything like cars, .. etc
Sorry, I don't think showing your family has money will do any good. The requirement is for you to have money, borrowing from you family still constitutes borrowing.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
TyrusX said:
I couldn't find her/his post again. But I believe the case was that she submitted her bank statement, was requested to send 6 months bank history, and then didn't have the correct amount in the current date, for just a few dollars, less than 200. THus, one can interpret that as not having money now instead of a month ago. I don't believe that having less money at some time during the last 6 months will be a big problem. I also didn't have 12k all the time during the last year.
I recently got married (in december) and notified Ottawa about it, in order to know what documents they would need for my wife. I got a standard replying saying that my file was under review and that I dont have to send anything until they notify me further. Surprising to find that even after 1 year, my file is still under review. In any case, I believe they have been super busy with all the shifting from Buffalo.

Now I see a new concern has come up with the 6 month bank history request. I was honest when I reported my bank balance during my initial application. All of it was mine. But right now the last 5 months history is bad because I had to spend money for my wedding! Flight tickets for 2 people and what not! (I bought my brother his flight ticket too). Anyway, it will take me 4-5 months to recuperate enough money to show sufficient balance. Therefore I really hope they are not picky about having the entire amount for the 6 month period.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
TyrusX said:
Sorry, I don't think showing your family has money will do any good. The requirement is for you to have money, borrowing from you family still constitutes borrowing.
borrowing for long period is not too bad. but back home the family can put money into his account instead of putting it into their account and still they are authorized to deposit into it and encash money from it. The thing is it is under his name ( iguess having account back home is a point that can count for him).
I agree that when landing it is a must that you are able to show the officer that you own the money you need for living. But at that time, borrowing may be useful for few days if needed.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
I couldn't find her/his post again. But I believe the case was that she submitted her bank statement, was requested to send 6 months bank history, and then didn't have the correct amount in the current date, for just a few dollars, less than 200. THus, one can interpret that as not having money now instead of a month ago. I don't believe that having less money at some time during the last 6 months will be a big problem. I also didn't have 12k all the time during the last year.
That is exactly what I think. I guess we have to have money in the CURRENT DATE and we can prove that this money is for ourselves.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dibooooostar said:
Hi everyone,

I have a new born baby (Canadian). I got my PER in March 2012 and no response till now. What do I have to do to inform them about my baby?

Thanks in advance
First, congrats!
The way to inform them is to send an email to your VISA office with a copy of the birth certificate attached.

Cheers

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
Mukam said:
Even if they start processing the files faster, it will take at least 6 months from today for them to request you any further documents. I recommend that you borrow money from your family or friends immediately and deposit that amount (make sure its not even a dollar less than what they have specified) in your savings account and absolutely don`t touch it until you receive the 6 month bank history request from cic. That ways lets say if they ask for it about 7 months from now, then they will not be able to tell that the money is not yours since they will not be able to see when and what amount of money was transferred and since you have had it sitting in your account for last six months, they will automatically assume its yours. But if they request for the statement in about 4 months then they will be able to see the large transaction in your account and you may get into trouble but the chances of this happening are very slim. Thats the only way I can think of to overcome this problem and don`t take it non-seriously because people have been rejected PR during the last stage of their processing for the same reason. Your application will also be rejected even if you were falling short of a even a couple hundred dollars during this six month period.
Thank you so much for taking time to reply... Guess I will have to ask my friends... the trouble is even my friends are as broke as I am... lol...

Will keep U guys updated... thanks again

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
JBR said:
I recently got married (in december) and notified Ottawa about it, in order to know what documents they would need for my wife. I got a standard replying saying that my file was under review and that I dont have to send anything until they notify me further. Surprising to find that even after 1 year, my file is still under review. In any case, I believe they have been super busy with all the shifting from Buffalo.

Now I see a new concern has come up with the 6 month bank history request. I was honest when I reported my bank balance during my initial application. All of it was mine. But right now the last 5 months history is bad because I had to spend money for my wedding! Flight tickets for 2 people and what not! (I bought my brother his flight ticket too). Anyway, it will take me 4-5 months to recuperate enough money to show sufficient balance. Therefore I really hope they are not picky about having the entire amount for the 6 month period.

I really do not think they are picky about having the entire amount for the 6 month period.
I talked to a lawyer , He told me, you just MUST show that this money is for you and you did not borrow that money.
Also you MUST show the enough amount of money when they asked.
During the 6 month period is not important.

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
Just be aware that this may be evaluated as misrepresentation. If they request someone a 6 months bank history, it means they already suspect something can be wrong. Canada has been reevaluating lots of permanent residents and citizens and if they see and consider this as misrepresentation you may banned from entering Canada again for a few years. And you will also need that money to be present in your account when you land and become a resident. You'll have to prove to an officer in person that you have that funding. So 6 months is probably not even enough. I understand that it hard to save all that money, but better be as honest as one can be.
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated... the fact of the matter is that, now I am in a real dilemma as to - what to do... borrow money from friends and show that as my own? or just let my account sit as it is and hope for the best...

Do you know if they verify each and every account? or are they verifying the details randomly?

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
Hello, I have one question regarding the money issue. I applied with my spouse, and we in total have over 20,000 CAD, half in my account, and half in my spouse's account. But my account doesn't hold more than 13,000 (the threshold number, I can't remember exactly). I am assuming they will consider the money a couple have in total, rather than just the primary applicant. Am I correct?

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
Hello Guys
Thank for this useful forum. I have a question regarding the proof fund. I have a family of 4 persons; me , wife, daughter and a Canadian son.
when I am applying I will apply for three persons because my son is already a Canadian citizen.
the question is : do I need to show a proof of funds for the applicants only? (i.e. me, wife and daughter) or should I show a poof of funds for all the four family members?
Regards

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
haithy said:
Hello Guys
Thank for this useful forum. I have a question regarding the proof fund. I have a family of 4 persons; me , wife, daughter and a Canadian son.
when I am applying I will apply for three persons because my son is already a Canadian citizen.
the question is : do I need to show a proof of funds for the applicants only? (i.e. me, wife and daughter) or should I show a poof of funds for all the four family members?
Regards
hi..i was in a similar situation with myself, husband and canadian son...we had to show funds for 3 people..i verified this with an immigration officer that came to our university...the reasoning he gave was that eventhough our son doesn't need a PR card, he is a dependent and hence we are a family of 3 and have to provide for him...

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
hooman2012 said:
I really do not think they are picky about having the entire amount for the 6 month period.
I talked to a lawyer , He told me, you just MUST show that this money is for you and you did not borrow that money.
Also you MUST show the enough amount of money when they asked.
During the 6 month period is not important.
But how do you prove the money is yours? What I mean is that an applicant could borrow the money for the entire length of the application and give it back right after getting PR as opposed to another applicant (like me) who did have the money when he/she applied (thanks to a huge scholarship) but could not possibly keep the money because he/she has to take care of basic needs (food, rent, clothes, etc..).