19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aelatar said:
Thanks Karmen. I know about that but guess what happened?. I went with my wife to do the digital fingerprints, The scanner didn't accept my wife fingerprints and she had to do the paper one. It takes about to four month to process the paper fingerprints :p :-X :-\ :-* :'( :mad: :(.
How is this even possible? What was the problem? What do you mean by didn't accept her fringerprints? I would advise you to try again somewhere else.

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
ojohn22 said:
Hi Asbereth.

I totally agree with you that it only applies to CEC. I realized the amendment is under Section 87.1 which is CEC.
Hi ojohn, could you pls share me these information by a website address? thank you. BTW, did you get you returned package from Sydney?

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
Is there anybody who applied after November and got his/her PER or rejected? I just want to make sure the cap has been reset

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
I received the refusal letter today. They did award the 5 adaptability points to me. But they think my job descriptions do not match the NOC code. So, I was taken 5 years work experience out. This causes me 4 points short of 67.
I will appeal. That decision is extremely ridiculous to me.
Bad news for me. But those guys who need that 5 adaptability points can have a good sleep now. I believe, the following few days, a lot of guys would have news from Ottawa.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
MapleDream said:
I received the refusal letter today. They did award the 5 adaptability points to me. But they think my job descriptions do not match the NOC code. So, I was taken 5 years work experience out. This causes me 4 points short of 67.
Bad news for me. But those guys who need that 5 adaptability points can have a good sleep now. I believe, the following few days, a lot of guys would have news from Ottawa.
This is absurd. They make you wait an year and then send a refusal letter right away!?. I'm really sorry for you and mad at them. What's the point of the giving people positive eligibility and then getting refusal letter after an year without doing absolutely nothing!! Can you post the letter? I suppose they will not return your money too right? I'm going to send them an e-mail about my work experience (3 more years of TAing) and remind them that I'm just a few days short of the first anniversary of my application. This stream is a total scam, just look at the amount of people getting refused! I will also request them to give me those 5 points for adaptability.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
MapleDream said:
You must appeal and be ready to provide more about the work experience as shown in the guide and NOC index. I am sure you are very close, do not give up!!

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
hqdavidzhang said:
Hi ojohn, could you pls share me these information by a website address? thank you. BTW, did you get you returned package from Sydney?
Here they are:

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-36.html#h-44

Scroll all the way down to see the amendment you are searching for.

I do not have my application back yet though.

Dec 25, 2012
MapleDream said:
Hi

I am so sorry for what happened to you. You do need to appeal and Im sure there is a way to get your points back.
I was wondering if they gave you 5 points of adaptability for study or being TA/RA . If you are only 4 point short, it seems that they assigned you 17 points for two years TA/RA instead of 21 points for 5 years work experience. isn't it? That would be perfect if you could share more info about your situation.

tnx a lot

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
TyrusX said:
How is this even possible? What was the problem? What do you mean by didn't accept her fringerprints? I would advise you to try again somewhere else.
Thanks TyrusX. I may try other offices but I am not sure since they are have the same stuff. Is there any other place other than Commissionaires that do this fingerprints?.

polestar707

Nov 20, 2012
Does any one who applied at end of Nov. 2012 get reply from CIO, Sydney?
I don't heard any news from them since I found my package was reveived on UPS website in Nov. last year.

How long would it take to know the eligibility check result?
Thanks.

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
yare dabestani said:
Hi

I am so sorry for what happened to you. You do need to appeal and Im sure there is a way to get your points back.
I was wondering if they gave you 5 points of adaptability for study or being TA/RA . If you are only 4 point short, it seems that they assigned you 17 points for two years TA/RA instead of 21 points for 5 years work experience. isn't it? That would be perfect if you could share more info about your situation.

tnx a lot
Unfortunately, I didn't use TA/RA work hours. Because I thought my work experience was long enough, which was denied by them. But they did give me the 5 adaptability points. So I think the eligible PhD applicants will be awarded this 5 points automatically afterwards.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
MapleDream said:
Unfortunately, I didn't use TA/RA work hours. Because I thought my work experience was long enough, which was denied by them. But they did give me the 5 adaptability points. So I think the eligible PhD applicants will be awarded this 5 points automatically afterwards.
MapleDream, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection, it was ridiculous. So far, we've had 3 people getting rejected by Ottawa, and all three of them were due to different reasons. I personally know another guy who was rejected precisely because of this reason (job description mismatch), also by Ottawa. Similarly, he didn't include his TA/RA experience, and he was among the early 2011 applicants.

And the fact that they awarded you the 5 previous study adaptability points also showed how inconsistent they have been. If Dani1982 had been awarded the 5 adaptability points (by Ottawa), then he wouldn't have been rejected. I believe MapleDream was the first one to get awarded these 5 points by Sydney (and that too, through appeal), and it is good to see that Ottawa decided to follow suit. Hopefully, they will maintain their consistency, and award these five points for all PhD applicants onwards.

On the light of this, what I think would be the case is, if Sydney gave you the 5 points, then most likely Ottawa would do the same as well. Not sure about January and February applicants that got PER without appealing for these 5 points (the points were not there on TyrusX's CAIPS notes for example, but websphereguy has them). April applications onwards, I believe, were automatically awarded these 5 points by Sydney, so I think they should be fine.

polestar707 said:
Does any one who applied at end of Nov. 2012 get reply from CIO, Sydney?
I don't heard any news from them since I found my package was reveived on UPS website in Nov. last year.

How long would it take to know the eligibility check result?
Thanks.
Hi polestar707, I don't think anybody that applied in Nov (or Dec) had received any replies from Sydney. It should take about 70 days for them to get PER, and the Christmas break obviously would only slow things down. Just be patient (easier said than done, but I don't know what else to tell you) :)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
MapleDream, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection, it was ridiculous. So far, we've had 3 people getting rejected by Ottawa, and all three of them were due to different reasons. I personally know another guy who was rejected precisely because of this reason (job description mismatch), also by Ottawa. Similarly, he didn't include his TA/RA experience, and he was among the early 2011 applicants.

And the fact that they awarded you the 5 previous study adaptability points also showed how inconsistent they have been. If Dani1982 had been awarded the 5 adaptability points (by Ottawa), then he wouldn't have been rejected. I believe MapleDream was the first one to get awarded these 5 points by Sydney (and that too, through appeal), and it is good to see that Ottawa decided to follow suit. Hopefully, they will maintain their consistency, and award these five points for all PhD applicants onwards.
Yes. I send them an e-mail requesting them to add those 5 points to me and informing them that i have 3 years of RA in Canada that I can provide documentation for if necessary. I advise everyone to do the same if you didn't already.

asbereth said:
Hi polestar707, I don't think anybody that applied in Nov (or Dec) had received any replies from Sydney. It should take about 70 days for them to get PER, and the Christmas break obviously would only slow things down. Just be patient (easier said than done, but I don't know what else to tell you) :)
We got very few people ( one or two) that applied after November. I wonder if people are not interested or since they have the forum with so much information they feel like they don't need to contribute or maybe are just afraid of sharing their data.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Yes. I send then an e-mail requesting them to add those 5 points to me and informing them that i have 3 years of RA in Canada that I can provide documentation for if necessary. I advise everyone to do the same if you didn't already.
Ya, but how do you convince them that you deserve the 5 points? They can easily say that you haven't finished any program in Canada, thus not eligible for the points, which was precisely what they told Dani1982 when he appealed. Or did you actually bring up anecdotes from this forum (such as MapleDream, websphereguy, etc)?

TyrusX said:
We got very few people ( one or two) that applied after November. I wonder if people are not interested or since they have the forum with so much information they feel like they don't need to contribute or maybe are just afraid of sharing their data.
That could be the case, but I don't think it's that far-fetched to assume that they simply haven't heard anything from the CIO. After all, it took them about 2 months to just charge the credit cards of some of the latter applicants.