App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
The letter of attestation has been a requirements since day one.
as per checklist:
Letter of Attestation OR Official Transcripts (only for applicants applying under the PhD stream)
Letter of attestation from your recognized educational institution (see Appendix B - Letter of Attestation for the PhD stream).
The letter must be:
• an official letter on university letterhead,
• signed by the office of the Dean of Graduate Studies or their delegate. The letter must state the following information about the applicant:
• is currently enrolled in a PhD program and has completed at least two years towards its completion; and
• is deemed in good academic standing to the satisfaction of the institution.
OR
Official transcripts from your recognized Canadian educational institution indicating that you were awarded a PhD within the past 12 months.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

For those who has problem obtaining letters from Dean of Graduate Studies, this sentence is very useful:
" signed by the office of the Dean of Graduate Studies or their delegate".

In my university, Graduate shool does not issue any immigration relevant document. All these issues we go to the Register Office. Therefore, I got the letter from Register Office, and mentioned this situation with a sticker , claiming "Register Office" is the delegate of Graduate School, and actually that was the fact although they do not have a title as 'delegate'.

Also, they did not sign that letter, instead, they issue a university style letter stating the similar things, with a Register Office stamp.

Finally, seems it worked. It took me 2 months to find the final solution. Hope this is helpful for some of you.

Letter of Attestation OR Official Transcripts (only for applicants applying under the PhD stream)
Letter of attestation from your recognized educational institution (see Appendix B - Letter of Attestation for the PhD stream).
The letter must be:
• an official letter on university letterhead,
• signed by the office of the Dean of Graduate Studies or their delegate. The letter must state the following information about the applicant:
• is currently enrolled in a PhD program and has completed at least two years towards its completion; and
• is deemed in good academic standing to the satisfaction of the institution.
OR
Official transcripts from your recognized Canadian educational institution indicating that you were awarded a PhD within the past 12 months.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Guys,

It's time for me to get off the PR bus trip. I landed today at Blue Water bridge/Sarnia. I drove to the states without a US visa. They gave me a refusal of entry letter, after an hour and half, because they didn't know which form should be filed for that case. The US border officer that was handling my case had to ask a lot of colleagues to know which form. Then I made a U-turn back to Canada. On the Canadian side, the landing took 5 mins, they were friendly and warm. They asked for my bank statement, just a bank statement not a 6-months history. Regarding the my timeline after the PPR, on Oct 28. Detroit VO received my passport on Oct 30th, and the visa was issued on Nov 8th.

I hope that you all land soon :)
Cheers,

P.S. My advice, go to Niagra falls to Land as the US side at Blue Water bridge seems to be inexperienced.

IMM_Applicant

Nov 16, 2012
Hi All,

I just saw this forum a month ago, but I didn't have the chance to share my experience.
I have filed the application December 2011
CC charged February, 2012
PER received March, 2012
Bank statement for last 6 months requested May, 2012
Police certificate requested July, 2012
Medical request July 2012
Passport request October 2012
Visa received Today

Thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
IMM_Applicant said:
Hi All,

I just saw this forum a month ago, but I didn't have the chance to share my experience.
I have filed the application December 2011
CC charged February, 2012
PER received March, 2012
Bank statement for last 6 months requested May, 2012
Police certificate requested July, 2012
Medical request July 2012
Passport request October 2012
Visa received Today

Thanks
Thanks for sharing! Congrats for both you and ejamal!

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
TyrusX said:
The letter of attestation has been a requirements since day one.
as per checklist:

Nowhere in this requirement, they ask it to be sealed. They only ask it to be signed. But they ask Salam20 for a sealed attestation!!! ->
Quote from his letter: "- It does not bear the college/university seal of the issuing Canadian educational institution."

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed said:
Nowhere in this requirement, they ask it to be sealed. They only ask it to be signed. But they ask Salam20 for a sealed attestation!!! ->
Quote from his letter: "- It does not bear the college/university seal of the issuing Canadian educational institution."
We have discussed this. We think the seal that they are requiring is the stamp of the University. On the template given on the checklist link, they have the following:
"Stamped with college/university seal"

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
TyrusX said:
We have discussed this. We think the seal that they are requiring is the stamp of the University. On the template given on the checklist link, they have the following:

I sent something covering the "OR" part: "OR
Official transcripts from your recognized Canadian educational institution indicating that you were awarded a PhD within the past 12 months."

I sent an official transcript with my registration status and my grades ... etc. Hope this works.
But again, I think it asks it to be signed. Signing is different from sealing.

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
I went to school today,insisted my request for the attestation letter and explained I can not afford to having my application returned again for this stupid reason. Finally, they agree to use the template and create the letter soon. Since not many students having such problems, they just simply won't bother to make an exception.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
That is awesome, man. Could you tell me when you started your application? I have waited for over 11 months now.

ejamal said:
Hi Guys,

It's time for me to get off the PR bus trip. I landed today at Blue Water bridge/Sarnia. I drove to the states without a US visa. They gave me a refusal of entry letter, after an hour and half, because they didn't know which form should be filed for that case. The US border officer that was handling my case had to ask a lot of colleagues to know which form. Then I made a U-turn back to Canada. On the Canadian side, the landing took 5 mins, they were friendly and warm. They asked for my bank statement, just a bank statement not a 6-months history. Regarding the my timeline after the PPR, on Oct 28. Detroit VO received my passport on Oct 30th, and the visa was issued on Nov 8th.

I hope that you all land soon :)
Cheers,

P.S. My advice, go to Niagra falls to Land as the US side at Blue Water bridge seems to be inexperienced.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
beishidashuo said:
That is awesome, man. Could you tell me when you started your application? I have waited for over 11 months now.
His information is in the spreadsheet.

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
TyrusX said:
Seal means that seal and is different with stamp. They returned my application and two other people in my university because of this stupid mistake of dean office. However, we already sent another sealed letter before but they ignored it. NOW they are serious about this letter, we should not compare with early applications.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
xhiddenx said:
Seal means that seal and is different with stamp. They returned my application and two other people in my university because of this stupid mistake of dean office. However, we already sent another sealed letter before but they ignored it. NOW they are serious about this letter, we should not compare with early applications.
Can you tell us if you put your letter on an sealed envelope? How did your original letter looked like? Did it have your university emblem on it? Was it on a special professional looking paper? Was the wording right? Let's try to understand what is going wrong.

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
xhiddenx said:
Do you mean Ottawa office refused your new letter? and rejected your application? even though you sent a new one?!