26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mike5182 said:
This is good news. Is it possible for you to share the university that you are studying?
mike5182, I think the approval in principle rule should apply to ALL universities in Ontario. From the University of Waterloo website:

The Ontario Government has established a policy of higher tuition fees for international students studying in Ontario on Study Permits. The policy came into effect as of January 1, 1977 and was revised in June 1996. Beginning with the 1996/97 academic year, the higher fees apply to all students, except for those who qualify for exemption under one of the following categories:

2. A Permanent Resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:
a person who is the dependent2 of a permanent resident of Canada.
a person who has been granted "permanent resident" status and has not had that status revoked; or
a person who has been approved “in principle” for permanent resident status in Canada. Evidence of this is a letter which confirms that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has determined that he/she is eligible for immigration to Canada or meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in Canada. Such letters must be dated prior to the enrolment count date and presented prior to the enrolment report due date (Winter - February 1, Spring - June 30, Fall - November 1).
So if you're going to school in Ontario, and have the PER email, chances are you can claim the tuition reduction :)

samer_eg said:
Dear All,
I just want to share a good experience about tuition at the canadian rates:

- First, print your PER email, highlight the part of acceptance.
- Go to your university website and search for this keywords: who is eligible to pay domestic rates?
- Highlight the second definition of permenant residence " Approval in-principle".
- Go to the CIC website, and search for definition of " Approval in-principle", it will be the same as the PER email.
- Take all of these to your registrar and try to convince them, if they didn't, go to your local MP - the citizenship and immigration case assistant - and tell him the story.
- And expect the best :D

That's what I have done, and I GOT IT ;) it is a fight but it worth it.

samer_eg, that's a really good news. I checked the CIC website, and searched for 'approval-in-principle', and came across the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2009-Q4/glossary.asp

which states:

Approval in Principle (AIP): Positive determination of eligibility in a permanent residence application processed in Canada. Similar to a positive selection decision made overseas.
I think one of the reasons why, in the past, at least before they made all applicants send the whole application to Nova Scotia, they used to have a PER email that stated that their applications would be forwarded to VO, which would then make the final determination of eligibility. The schools are probably still behind when it comes to this matter as they probably still think that Nova Scotia AOR (1st AOR) does not imply approval in principle (since they're just recommending the application to be forwarded to the VO).

However, starting MI-2 I think, things changed, and our PER email does contain the phrase "positive determination of eligibility", which implies that this email should be equivalent to approvan in principle. samer_eg proved this to be true, and I really hope that more and more students come out to claim their local status, and educate the school systems of the new mechanism at which these things are done these days.

samer_eg

Aug 23, 2012
asbereth said:
mike5182, I think the approval in principle rule should apply to ALL universities in Ontario. From the University of Waterloo website:

So if you're going to school in Ontario, and have the PER email, chances are you can claim the tuition reduction :)

I think one of the reasons why, in the past, at least before they made all applicants send the whole application to Nova Scotia, they used to have a PER email that stated that their applications would be forwarded to VO, which would then make the final determination of eligibility. The schools are probably still behind when it comes to this matter as they probably still think that Nova Scotia AOR (1st AOR) does not imply approval in principle (since they're just recommending the application to be forwarded to the VO).

However, starting MI-2 I think, things changed, and our PER email does contain the phrase "positive determination of eligibility", which implies that this email should be equivalent to approvan in principle. samer_eg proved this to be true, and I really hope that more and more students come out to claim their local status, and educate the school systems of the new mechanism at which these things are done these days.
I prefer to keep the university name anonymous, but as asbereth found, many universities use the same exemption rules (Toronto, Waterloo....etc). Just take care of the health insurance issue, because they will remove you automatically from the international student health care system, and you should return it back by a request. The reason for this: the OHIP needs a further step:the immigration medical tests. You can try but keep the international health insurance until you get your OHIP.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
samer_eg said:
I prefer to keep the university name anonymous, but as asbereth found, many universities use the same exemption rules (Toronto, Waterloo....etc). Just take care of the health insurance issue, because they will remove you automatically from the international student health care system, and you should return it back by a request. The reason for this: the OHIP needs a further step:the immigration medical tests. You can try but keep the international health insurance until you get your OHIP.
What happens if you get NER after going thru this? You will have to pay retroactively? Did you ask them?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
samer_eg said:
Dear All,
I just want to share a good experience about tuition at the canadian rates:

- First, print your PER email, highlight the part of acceptance.
- Go to your university website and search for this keywords: who is eligible to pay domestic rates?
- Highlight the second definition of permenant residence " Approval in-principle".
- Go to the CIC website, and search for definition of " Approval in-principle", it will be the same as the PER email.
- Take all of these to your registrar and try to convince them, if they didn't, go to your local MP - the citizenship and immigration case assistant - and tell him the story.
- And expect the best :D

That's what I have done, and I GOT IT ;) it is a fight but it worth it.
I think, most of us have already done this, if not I will be surprised. The day when I got my PER, the print out of that e-mail was enough for our registerer to put me in domestic tuition. My OHIP card is in process, seems like this gonna be bit complicated. I went to the service ontario office but they were not accepting the e-mail and then went to another office of ministry of health then submitted a written claim regarding this issue. After 1 week I have received a letter from them where they were asking for my authorization so that they can pull out my information from CIC and they informed me once they will get those information then I will be allowed to get the OHIP. All these seems like will take couple of months. Thanks and hope these will help others.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
TyrusX said:
What happens if you get NER after going thru this? You will have to pay retroactively? Did you ask them?
I have the same concern in my mind.

Plus, my OHIP application was refused. However, others will have the luck.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaziahmmed said:
I think, most of us have already done this, if not I will be surprised. The day when I got my PER, the print out of that e-mail was enough for our registerer to put me in domestic tuition. My OHIP card is in process, seems like this gonna be bit complicated. I went to the service ontario office but they were not accepting the e-mail and then went to another office of ministry of health then submitted a written claim regarding this issue. After 1 week I have received a letter from them where they were asking for my authorization so that they can pull out my information from CIC and they informed me once they will get those information then I will be allowed to get the OHIP. All these seems like will take couple of months. Thanks and hope these will help others.
Hi there, thanks for you sharing your story, I have a question which is after your rejection at the service ontario office, which another office of ministry of health did you go? do you mind sharing it with us?

Thanks.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
sarsanballa said:
Hi there, thanks for you sharing your story, I have a question which is after your rejection at the service ontario office, which another office of ministry of health did you go? do you mind sharing it with us?

Thanks.
I gave a paper to yasir to hand out to you, he might be forgot..:). In that form that office address is mentioned. Its 370 Select drive, near road test office. Thanks

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
I'm wondering about this too, though IMO, there shouldn't be any risk of you having to pay for the terms that you have had your tuition reduced, since technically speaking, you were still in the 'approval-in-principle' process before you get NER (after which you will have to immediately tell them the 'change' in your immigration status). I'll go ask them on Monday, and let you all know.

kaziahmmed said:
I just got the letter from the OHIP Eligibility Review Committee as well yesterday, and in it, they included the IMM 5475E form for me to fill out so that the CIC is authorized to release my immigration status to the OHIP. I'm wondering though, while we're requesting appeal, would it be possible to also include this form, along with the appeal package, so that the process can be faster?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
I'm wondering about this too, though IMO, there shouldn't be any risk of you having to pay for the terms that you have had your tuition reduced, since technically speaking, you were still in the 'approval-in-principle' process before you get NER (after which you will have to immediately tell them the 'change' in your immigration status). I'll go ask them on Monday, and let you all know.

I just got the letter from the OHIP Eligibility Review Committee as well yesterday, and in it, they included the IMM 5475E form for me to fill out so that the CIC is authorized to release my immigration status to the OHIP. I'm wondering though, while we're requesting appeal, would it be possible to also include this form, along with the appeal package, so that the process can be faster?
I don't think it will make the process faster since OHIP eligibility review committee will contact with CIO office to get the necessary information of an application not with the visa office and since CIO office has already finished their part (who got the PER already) therefore it will not effect on the processing of our application. Furthermore, I don't think it would be fair to other applicants who applied before us but didn't try for OHIP. Anyway, I won't mind if I get my PR card tomorrow......;)).

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
Hi TyrusX--Could you please add my nationality....its 'Bangladesh'. Sorry for the trouble...

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
BREAKING NEWS:

One of my friends received his PPR just now. He did his medical on July 24 and sent his RPRF on Aug 1. :)

smiling_face :)

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
smallkick said:
I wonder if he is Phd steam applicant.
Smallkick, why not check with him to make sure. Don't leave us wondering :)

Thanks.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
I wonder if he is Phd steam applicant.
Probably not. As you can see, this guy is flooding every thread with the same message. I've been following Jason Kenney twitter and it is obvious from his tweets that we were put in the last priority as they clean the backlog of MI-1 applicants, which is kind of fair as they have been waiting for millions of years.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
Probably not. As you can see, this guy is flooding every thread with the same message. I've been following Jason Kenney twitter and it is obvious from his tweets that we were put in the last priority as they clean the backlog of MI-1 applicants, which is kind of fair as they have been waiting for millions of years.
Well based on Jason Kenney's twitter, it seems like they have been refocusing some of their resources to catch fraudulent PRs, sigh!!! (see below:)

Jason Kenney ‏@kenneyjason
We have also identified some 7500 permanent residents who we believe are involved in residency fraud to illicitly obtain citizenship

We intend to revoke citizenship from 3140 people who we believe obtained it fraudulently. Canadian citizenship is not for sale.

We have now identified nearly 11,000 cases of suspected residency fraud. We're protecting the value of Cdn citizenship: http://is.gd/30CI3u