30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
specialmary said:
I have seen a few threads here stating about PER. Is it positive eligibility review? I thought that as long as you stayed in Canada for more than two years for your PhD you will get PER, regardless if your work experience qualifies their requirement. Am I correct?
No you still have to have the work experience. I know for a fact:my first application was rejected because of that! I was 200 hour short

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
I see. Thanks, Utopie. So if you got a PER, does it mean that you will very likely get your immigration visa, because they have checked your application and find that you have fulfilled all the points?

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
specialmary said:
I see. Thanks, Utopie. So if you got a PER, does it mean that you will very likely get your immigration visa, because they have checked your application and find that you have fulfilled all the points?
There is no guarantee that you will get the PR. The PER is issued by the CIO which mainly makes sure that there are no missing documents and that apparently the application is complete based on the provided information. However, the final decision will be from the visa office (VO) that will handle the application. The VO will perform a background check and verify that the information you provided is indeed correct. There have been cases where the CIO gave PER and then later on that was reverted to NER by the VO. And even if everything is in order, you still have to pass the medicals.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Some good news. Jason Kenney confirmed that the PhD stream will go on. However, new applicants will need to have their education credentials evaluated by the goverment/institutions. PhD_Innovation ‏ @ PhD_Innovation

@ kenneyjason What about the recent PhD stream (FSW). Will it be continued in year 2013 ?
Expand

@ PhD_Innovation Yes, the PhD stream will continue as a separate stream within new FSWP. No external educational assessment will be required

@kenneyjason Sir, if a FSW applicant has Bachelors degree abroad & then a Master degree from Canada. He/she still need assessment?

@ PhD_Innovation If he wants points for the BA, he will need an assessment from a designated agency. Cdn degrees won't require assessments.

The last two replies are a bit confusing and contradictory, but i believe the last one is correct.

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Hi TyrusX

I think he was talking about the new FSW point system and how will this affect the newly applicant ... hope so!

Thanks

TyrusX said:
Some good news. Jason Kenney confirmed that the PhD stream will go on. However, new applicants will need to have their education credentials evaluated by the goverment/institutions. PhD_Innovation ‏ @ PhD_Innovation

@ kenneyjason What about the recent PhD stream (FSW). Will it be continued in year 2013 ?
Expand

@ PhD_Innovation Yes, the PhD stream will continue as a separate stream within new FSWP. No external educational assessment will be required

@ kenneyjason Sir, if a FSW applicant has Bachelors degree abroad & then a Master degree from Canada. He/she still need assessment?

@ PhD_Innovation If he wants points for the BA, he will need an assessment from a designated agency. Cdn degrees won't require assessments.

The last two replies are a bit confusing and contradictory, but i believe the last one is correct.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
hmmm, what's taking them so long starting back their engines? Summer hols are officially over and school is back on. Hope to hear some MR coming to those in the queue.

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
utopie said:
No you still have to have the work experience. I know for a fact:my first application was rejected because of that! I was 200 hour short
Hi, I have a question here, You said your first application was rejected for lack of work hours, I wanna know if CIO (Sydney) counted 5points adaptability for u as a phd student and still by giving adaptability point u were under 67 or not?

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ryan_glory said:
Hi, I have a question here, You said your first application was rejected for lack of work hours, I wanna know if CIO (Sydney) counted 5points adaptability for u as a phd student and still by giving adaptability point u were under 67 or not?
They sent me an email saying that I did not meet the work requirements and it was AFTER I got PER and AFTER I did the medical exams. Needless to say I was fuming at the time, especially when I've been living, studying and working in Canada for 8 years. I believe that the adaptability points are randomly given, depending on the visa office, the visa officer. Ultimately though it was my fault and everything has to be done by the book. Make sure to have your documents perfectly in order (I had a friend who is an immigration consultant have a look at my file). Highlight where needed, put stickers, make it as easy as possible for the immigration officer to find all the necessary documentation, etc. My boyfriend (who is Canadian) told me "they don't care about you, your story, your feelings. Just prepare everything in minute details"
I prepared mine like a PhD thesis (honestly!), placed all the documents in a presentation folder with plastic sheets (no staple), an index, etc. It was processed pretty fast since I got my PER a month after submission this time.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
They sent me an email saying that I did not meet the work requirements and it was AFTER I got PER and AFTER I did the medical exams. Needless to say I was fuming at the time, especially when I've been living, studying and working in Canada for 8 years. I believe that the adaptability points are randomly given, depending on the visa office, the visa officer. Ultimately though it was my fault and everything has to be done by the book. Make sure to have your documents perfectly in order (I had a friend who is an immigration consultant have a look at my file). Highlight where needed, put stickers, make it as easy as possible for the immigration officer to find all the necessary documentation, etc. My boyfriend (who is Canadian) told me "they don't care about you, your story, your feelings. Just prepare everything in minute details"
I prepared mine like a PhD thesis (honestly!), placed all the documents in a presentation folder with plastic sheets (no staple), an index, etc. It was processed pretty fast since I got my PER a month after submission this time.
When did you apply? Did you apply in the PHD stream and did medical and then got rejected? This would be a new information here

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
utopie said:
Thanks for the reply, but from your previous posts it seems that you have been rejected in CEC class not in phd streem, right? Congrats for your PER.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I was planning to send my application and documents in one envelope. But Utopie's post has made me rethink.
How did you guys send your documents? Is there a need to highlight and put stickers or just arrange them in the
order of the checklist?
Thanks Anjuku for your tips, I got 8 score in IELTS.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ryan_glory said:
Thanks for the reply, but from your previous posts it seems that you have been rejected in CEC class not in phd streem, right? Congrats for your PER.
Yes first application was CEC class and this time I applied under the new PhD stream. Regardless, you need the work experience.
Even if I got PER :), I won't celebrate until I actually get my PR

samer_eg

Aug 23, 2012
Dear All,
I just want to share a good experience about tuition at the canadian rates:

- First, print your PER email, highlight the part of acceptance.
- Go to your university website and search for this keywords: who is eligible to pay domestic rates?
- Highlight the second definition of permenant residence " Approval in-principle".
- Go to the CIC website, and search for definition of " Approval in-principle", it will be the same as the PER email.
- Take all of these to your registrar and try to convince them, if they didn't, go to your local MP - the citizenship and immigration case assistant - and tell him the story.
- And expect the best :D

That's what I have done, and I GOT IT ;) it is a fight but it worth it.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samer_eg said:
Dear All,
I just want to share a good experience about tuition at the canadian rates:

- First, print your PER email, highlight the part of acceptance.
- Go to your university website and search for this keywords: who is eligible to pay domestic rates?
- Highlight the second definition of permenant residence " Approval in-principle".
- Go to the CIC website, and search for definition of " Approval in-principle", it will be the same as the PER email.
- Take all of these to your registrar and try to convince them, if they didn't, go to your local MP - the citizenship and immigration case assistant - and tell him the story.
- And expect the best :D

That's what I have done, and I GOT IT ;) it is a fight but it worth it.
This is good news. Is it possible for you to share the university that you are studying?

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Hi all

anyone have an idea about the new accreditation system ?
http://www.credentials-competences.gc.ca/CommunityBrowser.aspx?id=1431&lang=en-US

Thanks