sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
samer_eg said:
Dear All
What is the difference between AIP " Approval in-principle" and PER ?! Thanks
Never heard of it. Can you elaborate? Did you receive a letter like this from CIC? Are you in the PHD Stream?

samer_eg

Aug 23, 2012
TyrusX said:
Never heard of it. Can you elaborate? Did you receive a letter like this from CIC? Are you in the PHD Stream?
Hi,

Yes I am in the PhD stream, and no I didn't receive it. The reason for asking is that when I scanned the universities websites, I found that international students who can get AIP letter (Approval in-principle), they can pay the domestic tuition. My guess is that this letter is equivalent to the PER. For example this is from University of Toronto about international exemptions:

================================================
International Fee Exemptions

If you are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, you must pay the international student fee unless you are exempt in one of the categories defined below. If you qualify for and claim exemption under one of these provisions, you must present supporting documentation to your Registrar's Office at the beginning of the session. For all categories of exemption: Where the status of an exempt international student changes part way through his/her program of study due to circumstances beyond the student’s control (eg. the dependant of a diplomat whose parent is reassigned to another country), the student may continue as exempt until completion of that program.

'Status in Canada' Exemptions

All international students qualifying for exemption under these provisions pay the domestic fee:

students who are (or who are dependents of, or who are staff members of) diplomatic or consular officers, or representatives or officials of other countries, or of the United Nations (or any of its agencies), or of any intergovernmental organizations of which Canada is a member, and who, with official accreditation from the Government of Canada, have entered Canada or are in Canada to carry out their official duties; or a member of a foreign military force or of a civilian component thereof, and any dependents of such personnel, admitted to Canada under the Visiting Forces Act.

students who are dependents of Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.

students who are (or who are dependents of) persons who have applied for permanent resident status may qualify for exemption if they have met all the preliminary immigration requirements for permanent resident status (i.e. have received preliminary/provisional acceptance/approval, or approval-in-principle).

students who are (or who are dependents of) visitors who are authorized to work in Canada having been issued a work permit. Note 1) Visitors who are graduate teaching or research assistants are excluded from this category. Note 2) Students holding the Citizenship & Immigration Canada Off-Campus Work Permit are not eligible for this exemption. Note 3) Students who hold, or who are dependents of those who hold, Post-Graduation or Open Work Permits are not eligible for this exemption.
======================================

What do you think about this?!!

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
samer_eg said:
Hi,

Yes I am in the PhD stream, and no I didn't receive it. The reason for asking is that when I scanned the universities websites, I found that international students who can get AIP letter (Approval in-principle), they can pay the domestic tuition. My guess is that this letter is equivalent to the PER. For example this is from University of Toronto about international exemptions:

================================================
International Fee Exemptions

students who are (or who are dependents of) persons who have applied for permanent resident status may qualify for exemption if they have met all the preliminary immigration requirements for permanent resident status (i.e. have received preliminary/provisional acceptance/approval, or approval-in-principle).

======================================

What do you think about this?!!
If you're from U of Toronto as well, I don't think the PER email will count for international fee exemptions. I went to SGS and asked over the summer, and they said the PER email alone is too weak unless we have other proof such as the medical request. They said I can still print out the PER email and bring it to them for review, but the chance is very small.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Luigiovemma said:
If you're from U of Toronto as well, I don't think the PER email will count for international fee exemptions. I went to SGS and asked over the summer, and they said the PER email alone is too weak unless we have other proof such as the medical request. They said I can still print out the PER email and bring it to them for review, but the chance is very small.
Yep. I would rather say passport request is necessary for this.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Can anyone please tell me if the IELTS result is required to be sent in the sealed envelope?

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hello everyone,
I got my NER 3 months ago but did not get my application package returned. Any idea or suggestion as I have to resend the application...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
sam001 said:
Hello everyone,
I got my NER 3 months ago but did not get my application package returned. Any idea or suggestion as I have to resend the application...
Get in touch with CIC and see if they have sent it back or not.

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
I think so, I had the same questions before. And I could submit several months before, only reason keeps me waiting is the CADGEDC certificates. Since it's summer when I applied, it takes forever, and it's finally on the way. You should apply as well, if you meet the situation described in the checklist. Good luck, I think it will be faster since the summer vocation is over.

mengoose said:
I have a question for the Chinese applicants. Do we have to include the CADGEDC certified credentials with our application?

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Thanks TyrusX, you've been so helpful in this forum all the time. I decide to send my application to CPP-O since I'm in Canada, wish me luck. I will post my application status after I got my application submitted. Thanks.

TyrusX said:
You can apply to your home country as well. The only person to have done that so far got her MR months ago. And she is the only January applicant to have gotten that so far.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
mapleisland said:
Thanks TyrusX, you've been so helpful in this forum all the time. I decide to send my application to CPP-O since I'm in Canada, wish me luck. I will post my application status after I got my application submitted. Thanks.
You are welcome. Best of luck! I hope your applications is processed much faster than ours!

Tomorrow will be the Bring Forward date for some applicants. One can dream we will see some movement from their part. Even the last January applicant has reached the 213 days that took for my friend TJ to get his MR, and he was the last one to do so.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/08/29/f-vp-fatah-immigration.html

"We have a bias towards professionals, and what we need are actually unskilled labour, guys who will come here and be industrious and start businesses.

"We need old fashioned immigrants who come with minimal skills and lots of drive."

Interesting article, but a bit scary for us.

Aug 27, 2012
TyrusX said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/08/29/f-vp-fatah-immigration.html

"We have a bias towards professionals, and what we need are actually unskilled labour, guys who will come here and be industrious and start businesses.

"We need old fashioned immigrants who come with minimal skills and lots of drive."

Interesting article, but a bit scary for us.
We know what Jason Kenny is capable of doing. He can wake up one morning, and suddenly decide to shut down the PhD stream and refund your app fees.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Tomorrow will be the Bring Forward date for some applicants. One can dream we will see some movement from their part. Even the last January applicant has reached the 213 days that took for my friend TJ to get his MR, and he was the last one to do so.
Hi TyrusX, how did you hear about today being the BF'D for some people? Did anybody already order their CAIPS?

TyrusX said:
Yep. I would rather say passport request is necessary for this.
The following link states that Admissibility checks were performed AFTER approval in principle, which included medical exam.

http://immipedia.ca/Approval_In_Principle

Obviously, these days, there is no stage whatsoever during the FSW process that is really called 'approval in principle', but based on the language of the description, it looks like that AIP really is the equivalent of either the PER email, or the medical request (the latter seems more likely).

However, I've heard that medical exams now are done much much earlier during the process compared to previously, and before all of the other checks, so there could indeed have been some changes with regards as to what now constitutes the 'approval in principle'.

english bulldog said:
We know what Jason Kenny is capable of doing. He can wake up one morning, and suddenly decide to shut down the PhD stream and refund your app fees.
Aside from unskilled labors, it also looks like that they are trying to retain more people with Canadian credentials and experience as well, for which applicants eligible under the PhD stream (and CEC as well obviously) would easily fit under this category (in fact, I think applicants under PhD stream are the closest to CEC applicants in terms of Canadian-ness). So let us all hope that it's going to get better for all of us.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Hi TyrusX, how did you hear about today being the BF'D for some people? Did anybody already order their CAIPS?

The following link states that Admissibility checks were performed AFTER approval in principle, which included medical exam.
ejamal got them.