+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Did they request you to provide the 6-month bank activity history?

aelatar said:
Hello,

I just want to share with you what i have. Ottawa visa office requested a bank statement and that was on the 7th of this month. My application was received on 25th of Nov. and i got my PER on the 16th of March. Guess what! i am Egyptian not Iranian :D

S

sohappyboy

snow_walker said:
I just received a request for my police clearance certificate... :) My ECAS status is still same.

I think everyone's MR will follow shortly. Good luck to everyone ;D
Hi Sonw_Walker
I have a question about you PCC. Have they made any specific deadline for sending your PCC.
My PCC may take longer than 3 months, I wonder if this would cause a problem ?

Thanks in advance

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
Did they request you to provide the 6-month bank activity history?
Yes. This is a important question. I'm suspecting that we will be requested to have an updated bank statement before we get visa,
but so far it seems pretty random! Maybe there are selecting just a few by chance?

Can you give us your complete information? You applied two months before me and still got PER afterwards. VERY RANDOM.

hsn893

Apr 26, 2012
Aaron2012 said:
Congrats, hsn893!

You just send them an email? Did they reply to you by email or regular mail?
At first I called them and they confirmed their mistake then I sent a regular mail including an attached copy of OP-6 (Revised 2011-06-17, page 44), and also the instruction guide. I mentioned that it clearly states that the 5 points should be awarded for those who have completed two years of full-time study, regardless whether the program has been completed or not.
They replied by email after 1 month.

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
aelatar said:
Hello,

I just want to share with you what i have. Ottawa visa office requested a bank statement and that was on the 7th of this month. My application was received on 25th of Nov. and i got my PER on the 16th of March. Guess what! i am Egyptian not Iranian :D
Congrats aelatar :D

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
TyrusX said:
Yes. This is a important question. I'm suspecting that we will be requested to have an updated bank statement before we get visa,
but so far it seems pretty random! Maybe there are selecting just a few by chance?

Can you give us your complete information? You applied two months before me and still got PER afterwards. VERY RANDOM.
Application reached CIO: Nov. 25th
CC/BD: Jan. 16th
PER:March 16th
Bank statement request and six month history: June, 7th
No. of persons: 2
TA/RA: not included
Nationality:Egyptian
Application in process.

Can some one add me to the tracker please?

One more thing, after getting my PER, i send my police certificate to Buffalo on the 25th of March. I confirmed with Ottawa that they have them now.

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
TyrusX said:

I have the same situation as you. I think they are going by submission date.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
asbereth said:
if you didn't include bank statement or PCC with your application, then Ottawa would probably send you a request for these documents, otherwise, most likely it would skip straight to medical (such as what had already happened with jessiezz and ejamal).
Since the "Iranian Hypothesis" :) has been disproved (as there are non-Iranians that have received the similar requests), another hypothesis is in order. Maybe, just maybe, if longer than 6 months have passed since someone's application reached CIC, they need to re-check that we have not spent the money showed on the accompanying bank statements. Of course, if someone did not send any financial information at all they will get the request for sure. However, I may be wrong, but it seems logical that if someone did send a proof of funds (even if it did not include account activity details) AND less than 6 months have passed between CIC receiving their application and the time when the file is reviewed at Ottawa office, they will not need to request additional financial information... Just my thoughts... :)

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
GeoCanadian said:
Since the "Iranian Hypothesis" :) has been disproved (as there are non-Iranians that have received the similar requests), another hypothesis is in order. Maybe, just maybe, if longer than 6 months have passed since someone's application reached CIC, they need to re-check that we have not spent the money showed on the accompanying bank statements. Of course, if someone did not send any financial information at all they will get the request for sure. However, I may be wrong, but it seems logical that if someone did send a proof of funds (even if it did not include account activity details) AND less than 6 months have passed between CIC receiving their application and the time when the file is reviewed at Ottawa office, they will not need to request additional financial information... Just my thoughts... :)
Your thought can be true if crazyleader submitted his application less than 6 months ago. Because he is iranian, he submitted only an account balance and they have not requested him a 6-month activity.

Karmen

Jun 5, 2012
aelatar said:
Application reached CIO: Nov. 25th
CC/BD: Jan. 16th
PER:March 16th
Bank statement request and six month history: June, 7th
No. of persons: 2
TA/RA: not included
Nationality:Egyptian
Application in process.

Can some one add me to the tracker please?

One more thing, after getting my PER, i send my police certificate to Buffalo on the 25th of March. I confirmed with Ottawa that they have them now.
Aelatar: this is very good news .... congrats

One inquiry: did you contact them first to know that your finger prints were received .... or they told you about it when they contacted you for the bank statement?

I am asking because I sent my finger prints to Buffalo after my PEF in March 8th but they did not receive it in Ottawa yet up to Friday July 8th, 2010.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
hamed_hamed said:
Your thought can be true if crazyleader submitted his application less than 6 months ago. Because he is iranian, he submitted only an account balance and they have not requested him a 6-month activity.
Indeed! CrazyLeader's application reached CIO January 21st! His file was reviewed at the end of May - just in 4 months! And he never got a request for 6 month bank activity. I think that is because his previous proof of funds document was still "valid" (i.e. less than 6 month's old). :)

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
GeoCanadian said:
Indeed! CrazyLeader's application reached CIO January 21st! His file was reviewed at the end of May - just in 4 months! And he never got a request for 6 month bank activity. I think that is because his previous proof of funds document was still "valid" (i.e. less than 6 month's old). :)
Well, actually, crazyleader did get the request email, and it asked for 6 months of bank account activities, and this was precisely why we thought that it was due to his nationality, since we got three Iranian applicants (Shomo, crazyleader, MASOUD2011) that have received such request. Both Shomo and crazyleader have PER dates later than some of our early March PER guys, so that's why we thought it was due to them being from Iran.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.0.html;msg1501501#msg1501501

But now that even aelatar has gotten similar request, and he's not Iranian, so it seems a bit more random that we thought it was :(

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
Karmen said:
Aelatar: this is very good news .... congrats

One inquiry: did you contact them first to know that your finger prints were received .... or they told you about it when they contacted you for the bank statement?

I am asking because I sent my finger prints to Buffalo after my PEF in March 8th but they did not receive it in Ottawa yet up to Friday July 8th, 2010.
Actually when i received the email for submitting the bank statement, I emailed them back asking if they received my police certificate that i sent to Buffalo back in March. They emailed me again confirming the reception of the document from Buffalo.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
asbereth said:
But now that even aelatar has gotten similar request, and he's not Iranian, so it seems a bit more random that we thought it was :(
Too bad. :( So much for my new theory...