19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
carol_0130 said:
;D I finally received the positive eligibility review on May 18, after sending new reference letters of employment.
Congrats. Updated.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
From browsing on other threads. Buffalo appears to be working on October 2010 applications at the moment. Just have to hope they up their personnel numbers if we are to get processed within 12 months.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Brit_Immigrant said:
From browsing on other threads. Buffalo appears to be working on October 2010 applications at the moment. Just have to hope they up their personnel numbers if we are to get processed within 12 months.
Interesting observation Brit_Immigrant. Yes, we certainly hope that their personnel numbers increase and that is if the backlog of anything before 2008 gets expunge as they plan.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Interesting observation Brit_Immigrant. Yes, we certainly hope that their personnel numbers increase and that is if the backlog of anything before 2008 gets expunge as they plan.
I really doubt they will increase staff. Also, Ssome people from the MI-3 that applied In November did get AOR. I actually saw a case where the guy got AOR from Buffalo 5 days after PER from CIC in one of the threads. He was a February 22 applicant. Things are completely random.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
TyrusX said:
I really doubt they will increase staff. Also, Ssome people from the MI-3 that applied In November did get AOR. I actually saw a case where the guy got AOR from Buffalo 5 days after PER from CIC in one of the threads. He was a February 22 applicant. Things are completely random.
Then do we still expect our case to be finalized within two years :eek:

Otherwise, it may affect too many life-time decisions.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
carol_0130 said:
;D I finally received the positive eligibility review on May 18, after sending new reference letters of employment.
carol_0130, it must've been a very long wait, but congratulations :D !!!

moonbow2010 said:
Then do we still expect our case to be finalized within two years :eek:

Otherwise, it may affect too many life-time decisions.
Hi moonbow2010, I got a feeling that your information had been entered incorrectly on the spreadsheet, can you update us your timeline again?

TyrusX said:
Do you know if any of the MI-3 applicants (with any VO) has received their visa yet? I know that as late as Oct/Nov MI-3 applicants have gone as far as passport requests, but maybe some post-July ones have already gotten their visa?

tahhiir said:
I have two years old kid, he is Canadian citizen. Does it allow me to get 5 adaptability points?
I think so. Check out the following from FSW instruction guide:

You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative, i.e. parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, (sibling), child of a grandparent, (aunt/uncle), or grandchild of a parent, (niece or nephew), who lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Do you know if any of the MI-3 applicants (with any VO) has received their visa yet? I know that as late as Oct/Nov MI-3 applicants have gone as far as passport requests, but maybe some post-July ones have already gotten their visa?

I think so. Check out the following from FSW instruction guide:
I have seen people from Mi-3 that got everything done in 6 months and have already landed.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Dear all,
I am really messed up. Just got the NER which does not make any sense to me

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration issued Instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on June 25, 2011. Further instructions were published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Although you have indicated enrollment in a doctoral (PhD) program in Canada, there is insufficient evidence on file that you are currently enrolled in and completed at least 2 years of a PhD program delivered by a provincially or territorially recognized private of public post-secondary educational institution located in Canada.

Since you did not provide evidence that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or work experience in the listed occupations, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions of June 25, 2011 and your application is not eligible for processing.

I have provided the document from my university....please suggest me how to appeal..

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Sorry to hear that. Please post your points, your letter should contain them.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
sam001, I'm sorry to hear about your NER. Can you tell us what documents you submitted to prove your eligibility? The CIO is a bit unforgiving when it comes to incomplete documents to prove eligibility, though they are probably a bit more lenient for other documents (several other applicants have been given second chances to submit updated letters of reference).

Did your letter specifically mention that you have completed at least 2 years of PhD AND you are in a good academic standing? And this particular letter HAS TO BE from graduate studies office rather than supervisor or your department. A lot of applicants forgot to mention the 'good academic standing' part on their letters (even though the letters were written by the graduate studies office), and they got their applications returned. A lot of applicants had no 'good academic standing' mentioned on their graduate studies office letter, but they had another letter from department or supervisor stating they are in good academic standing, and this too proves to be unacceptable. Both the proof of years and good academic standing need to be both on the same letter from the graduate studies office.

And can you also tell us what part of your NER letter was bolded? Was it the part that said 'a PhD program delivered by a provincially or territorially recognized private of public post-secondary educational institution located in Canada'? Usually, bolded statements highlight the reasons why officers rejected your applications?

And as TyrusX mentioned, was there any mention whatsoever about your total number of points (though I do think that your problem was eligibility rather than the total number of points)?

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
asbereth said:
sam001, I'm sorry to hear about your NER. Can you tell us what documents you submitted to prove your eligibility? The CIO is a bit unforgiving when it comes to incomplete documents to prove eligibility, though they are probably a bit more lenient for other documents (several other applicants have been given second chances to submit updated letters of reference).

Did your letter specifically mention that you have completed at least 2 years of PhD AND you are in a good academic standing? And this particular letter HAS TO BE from graduate studies office rather than supervisor or your department. A lot of applicants forgot to mention the 'good academic standing' part on their letters (even though the letters were written by the graduate studies office), and they got their applications returned. A lot of applicants had no 'good academic standing' mentioned on their graduate studies office letter, but they had another letter from department or supervisor stating they are in good academic standing, and this too proves to be unacceptable. Both the proof of years and good academic standing need to be both on the same letter from the graduate studies office.

And can you also tell us what part of your NER letter was bolded? Was it the part that said 'a PhD program delivered by a provincially or territorially recognized private

of public post-secondary educational institution located in Canada'? Usually, bolded statements highlight the reasons why officers rejected your applications?

And as TyrusX mentioned, was there any mention whatsoever about your total number of points (though I do think that your problem was eligibility rather than the total number of points)?
[/quote

the paragraph with
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration issued Instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on June 25, 2011. Further instructions were published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Although you have indicated enrollment in a doctoral (PhD) program in Canada, there is insufficient evidence on file that you are currently enrolled in and completed at least 2 years of a PhD program delivered by a provincially or territorially recognized private of public post-secondary educational institution located in Canada.
was bolded.

I have included the letter that states all the points you have mentioned. I have applied with one of my friends and he got his PER on 8th day with the same letter and same format..I am going to fax that letter today..what do you say??

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
asbereth said:

And can you also tell us what part of your NER letter was bolded? Was it the part that said 'a PhD program delivered by a provincially or territorially recognized private of public post-secondary educational institution located in Canada'? Usually, bolded statements highlight the reasons why officers rejected your applications?

Yes, that part was bolded..:(

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Well, your friend may use the same format and the same letter, but the visa officer that rejected may probably interpret certain things wrongly. So on your attestation letter, you did have 'good academic standing' and at least two years completed towards a PhD? And this letter was from graduate studies office (this is very important too)?

If you are 100% sure that you have sent the letter of attestation correctly (which was the very reason why your application was rejected), and, based ONLY on the information you sent them, you got everything covered, then I think you have a high probability of success in the appeal. Also, I'm assuming they didn't say anything about your total points?

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
asbereth said:
Well, your friend may use the same format and the same letter, but the visa officer that rejected may probably interpret certain things wrongly. So on your attestation letter, you did have 'good academic standing' and at least two years completed towards a PhD? And this letter was from graduate studies office (this is very important too)?

If you are 100% sure that you have sent the letter of attestation correctly (which was the very reason why your application was rejected), and, based ONLY on the information you sent them, you got everything covered, then I think you have a high probability of success in the appeal. Also, I'm assuming they didn't say anything about your total points?
I am 100% sure everything is OK. The letter was issued from my graduate studies office. And they did not mention anything about total number of points..
Should I fax the copy of my letter ?? I have tried calling them but it just only the recorded message..