+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I just got back from MP's office. They told me to write a detailed letter and explain why you think their decision is not right, and then we will contact them for reconsideration.

Guys, I need your help. First, I want to hear your ideas on how strong my case is. And, second I want some inputs from you to prepare my letter. I appreciate your time.

And, one question... In the job duties, does "May" imply that the duty is not "main"?

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
GCMS

Hello All

I got my GCMS today. I have 73 points. and there is this note:
MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTION 4 FILE REVIEWED BY SERVICE DELIVERY AGENT PA’s file has been reviewed UNDER Phd candidate program letter of attestation or official transcript from educational institution on file PA declares NOT recipient of Government of Canada scholarship/award OR PA Declares recipient of Government of Canada scholarship /award and has satisfied the term of this scholarship/award MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTION 4 E LEGIBILITY CRITERIA MET. PA appears to have a minimum of at least one yer of continuous full-time (or equivalent part time) paid work experience in the last 10 years in skill level 0, A or B. MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS APPEAR TO MET. Letter of reference related to work experience on file-not verified. Required language test results on filr Educational credentials/ Transcripts on file if any additional adaptability points are indicated, information on file not verified. Applicant appears to have 67 or more points on selection grid To visa office for further assessment / decision Letter emailed to address(es) on file.
But all of these seems to be done in CIO.
It seems that Ottawa did not do anything on my case. eligibility: not started, security: not started, Criminal:not started.

Is there anything else I can check in this file.
The file is long and I cannot understand most of it.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Re: GCMS

nasim2 said:
Hello All

I got my GCMS today. I have 73 points. and there is this note:
MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTION 4 FILE REVIEWED BY SERVICE DELIVERY AGENT PA's file has been reviewed UNDER Phd candidate program letter of attestation or official transcript from educational institution on file PA declares NOT recipient of Government of Canada scholarship/award OR PA Declares recipient of Government of Canada scholarship /award and has satisfied the term of this scholarship/award MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTION 4 E LEGIBILITY CRITERIA MET. PA appears to have a minimum of at least one yer of continuous full-time (or equivalent part time) paid work experience in the last 10 years in skill level 0, A or B. MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS APPEAR TO MET. Letter of reference related to work experience on file-not verified. Required language test results on filr Educational credentials/ Transcripts on file if any additional adaptability points are indicated, information on file not verified. Applicant appears to have 67 or more points on selection grid To visa office for further assessment / decision Letter emailed to address(es) on file.
But all of these seems to be done in CIO.
It seems that Ottawa did not do anything on my case. eligibility: not started, security: not started, Criminal:not started.

Is there anything else I can check in this file.
The file is long and I cannot understand most of it.
Page 2 check your due date.
73 points is a very trivial assessment and may be overturned later. If you feel you can improve anything in your app, do it before your due date.

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012

Hello guys,

Just to let you know that I received the passports with immigration visas and COPRs on Dec. 12th.

Wish you luck

Polaad56

Jun 17, 2013
Hello everyone,

My application submitted months ago was returned as incomplete. New application submitted recently.

Name: Polaad56
Application arrived at Sydney: 17 December 2013

Bests,

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
73 points is a very trivial assessment and may be overturned later. If you feel you can improve anything in your app, do it before your due date.
There is no due date. Nothinf written for due date? what does that mean?

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
but 73 is enough right?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014

nasim2 said:
but 73 is enough right?

Yes, 67 is enough. It should be on page 2 or the next page.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Hello folks,
I used to check the status of my previous application. However, when I received the PER of my new application I tried to check its status and I got the following message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help ....

any idea?

Thanks

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Has anyone applied PR with "IT Engineer" as occupation which includes duties such as server operations, installation, design and maintenance, engineering support, research on users requirements/queries/problem and finding solutions ...

I am confused with NOC code .. which once I should use, NOC 2147 (2147 Computer engineers except software engineers and designers) or 2173 (Software engineers and designers)

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
PhdStream said:
Has anyone applied PR with "IT Engineer" as occupation which includes duties such as server operations, installation, design and maintenance, engineering support, research on users requirements/queries/problem and finding solutions ...

I am confused with NOC code .. which once I should use, NOC 2147 (2147 Computer engineers except software engineers and designers) or 2173 (Software engineers and designers)
I believe these duties go under Computer Network Engineer which is a sub-field of Computer Engineer Not a software Engineer or designer. Also it should match the lead statement of your ex. letter and the main duties mentioned on it. If I were you I would consult a lawyer as they are playing words game (that if you don't have RA/TA enough ex.)

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
ubc2010 said:
I believe these duties go under Computer Network Engineer which is a sub-field of Computer Engineer Not a software Engineer or designer. Also it should match the lead statement of your ex. letter and the main duties mentioned on it. If I were you I would consult a lawyer as they are playing words game (that if you don't have RA/TA enough ex.)
Lets see ... anyway thanks

nianjian

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Polaad56 said:
Hello everyone,

My application submitted months ago was returned as incomplete. New application submitted recently.

Name: Polaad56
Application arrived at Sydney: 17 December 2013

Bests,
Hi Polaad56, thank you for sharing the information, can you also kindly update your timeline on http://heycanada.ca/, you can also search other applicants' timeline there,
everyone can benefit by sharing and exchanging information!

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
ubc2010 said:
Hello folks,
I received the PER of my new application I tried to check its status and I got the following message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet

Can we check the application status directly after the PER received? If so, then what is wrong? Anyone face such issue before?

Thanks