CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
They did not accept my job experiences. I did update a few times and I thought they were good.
That is very bad! No one can guarantee that his/her reference letter is good until s/he gets the final decision.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ubc2010 said:
I don't have experience on such case but I think it's not possible to be full time student and have full time job.
yes it is possible: I was both a full-time student and a full-time worker in my last year of the PhD

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
utopie said:
yes it is possible: I was both a full-time student and a full-time worker in my last year of the PhD
Agreed. I am doing the same thing. The comment was provided that you are with regular enrolment, not in thesis evaluation phase. Rectifications for Ubc 2010.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anna2013 said:
They did not accept my job experiences. I did update a few times and I thought they were good.
I am sorry to hear that. Would you share the detailed reason they reject you? Is it because of the duties and responsibilities? or other things. This will be very helpful for future applicants or others who want to update their work letters.

We knew a lot of applicants updated their work letter and got approved. Why they did not accept yours. It is unfair for you.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Guys are they strict with "Reference letter" for RA/TA related work experience or in general.

I have 2+ years of work experience as an "IT Engineer" and also have reference letter issued 3 years back when I left job.

Dont know if I sud asked to make a fresh one which is really hard now :(

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
PhdStream said:
Guys are they strict with "Reference letter" for RA/TA related work experience or in general.

I have 2+ years of work experience as an "IT Engineer" and also have reference letter issued 3 years back when I left job.

Dont know if I sud asked to make a fresh one which is really hard now :(
Fresh one, with NOC code from HRSDC website and cite 70% of the duties or more. Just don`t cut, copy, paste them and then update submit. Else full chances that it will be rejected. Same for IT and RA work ex letters. Do whatever it takes as non RA work ex I think is more solid than RA work ex as it is truly FSW. Just my personal thought.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
abdul78 said:
In my last notes (back in june), I found that my file was directly assigned to FA, and there was no pre-assessment other than the one done by CIC.

Any ideas guys?
Mine was also directly assigned to FA...

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
Fresh one, with NOC code from HRSDC website and cite 70% of the duties or more. Just don`t cut, copy, paste them and then update submit. Else full chances that it will be rejected. Same for IT and RA work ex letters. Do whatever it takes as non RA work ex I think is more solid than RA work ex as it is truly FSW. Just my personal thought.
Thanks ... I will try but not sure if I am able to get fresh one or not ..

I've a old one with all req. info ... with responsibilities more than that are mentioned in HRSDC ...

For NOC code .. no way I can get it ... its for Canadian employer .. not for those who are not located or based in Canada.. lets see

I am planning to not to put RA/TA experience .. as from most of the recent application I feel (my personal opinion) like RA/TA experience claim makes visa officer more aggressive to find fault in the application ..

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
PhdStream said:
Thanks ... I will try but not sure if I am able to get fresh one or not ..

I've a old one with all req. info ... with responsibilities more than that are mentioned in HRSDC ...

For NOC code .. no way I can get it ... its for Canadian employer .. not for those who are not located or based in Canada.. lets see

I am planning to not to put RA/TA experience .. as from most of the recent application I feel (my personal opinion) like RA/TA experience claim makes visa officer more aggressive to find fault in the application ..
Agreed, that was my chain of thought too, but eventually claimed it seeing them poking holes in everything.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
To whom it may concern:

This is to confirm that Ms. XXX was employed as a Sessional Instructor in the department of XXXX at XXX University from May 2010 to December 2011. The appointment was on a part-time basis and she worked approximately 15 (fifteen) hours per week and a total of 1286 hours during her employment.

Ms XX was a holder of “Master of Science” degree at the time of her employment, and she has taught the following five undergraduate courses in XXX subjects to our undergraduate students:

1- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,
2- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,
3- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX)) $YY,
4- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,
5- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,

As a university instructor, her main duties and responsibilities during her employment included:

1- Preparing and delivering the lecture materials (according to the curriculum determined by the Faculty and approved by senate to the satisfaction of the Dean ) to the students and conducting group works or activities,
2- Designing and preparing the assignments, term tests and final examinations,
3- Preparing and posting the solutions to the assignments and tests,
4- Advising the students enrolled in the courses and keeping scheduled office hours for the students seeking extra help,
5- Giving academic advise to a group of first year students on their academic decisions,
6- Administrating the term tests or final examinations,
7- Giving the students appropriate feedbacks and guidelines, marking term tests and final examinations and,
8- Compiling and submitting the students' final grades.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.

hegel

Jul 9, 2013
Hi all,

Just wanted to join the list.

PhD student in Quebec. Applied for CSQ, app submitted 21st Nov - full package inc. IELTS, TEFAQ etc. No AOR or credit card payment yet.

Cheers!

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you missed the magic word: assist XXX. I remember one applicant had the same situation with you and he appealed, they told him he missed the magic word.

Hope you will soon reapply or apply with different program.

Anna2013 said:
To whom it may concern:

This is to confirm that Ms. XXX was employed as a Sessional Instructor in the department of XXXX at XXX University from May 2010 to December 2011. The appointment was on a part-time basis and she worked approximately 15 (fifteen) hours per week and a total of 1286 hours during her employment.

Ms XX was a holder of “Master of Science” degree at the time of her employment, and she has taught the following five undergraduate courses in XXX subjects to our undergraduate students:

1- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,
2- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,
3- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX)) $YY,
4- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,
5- XXXXXXXXXXXX-Salary: (from XX to XX) $YY,

As a university instructor, her main duties and responsibilities during her employment included:

1- Preparing and delivering the lecture materials (according to the curriculum determined by the Faculty and approved by senate to the satisfaction of the Dean ) to the students and conducting group works or activities,
2- Designing and preparing the assignments, term tests and final examinations,
3- Preparing and posting the solutions to the assignments and tests,
4- Advising the students enrolled in the courses and keeping scheduled office hours for the students seeking extra help,
5- Giving academic advise to a group of first year students on their academic decisions,
6- Administrating the term tests or final examinations,
7- Giving the students appropriate feedbacks and guidelines, marking term tests and final examinations and,
8- Compiling and submitting the students' final grades.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
mike5182 said:
I think you missed the magic word: assist XXX. I remember one applicant had the same situation with you and he appealed, they told him he missed the magic word.

Hope you will soon reapply or apply with different program.
This was not TA or RA. It was instructorship.