+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

GeographyPhD

Sep 29, 2013
ravenous071 said:
hi ,

you need to submit T4 actually, once you worked in Canada
Where are you reading that? If its on the document checklist I think you are mistaken UNLESS you have worked FULL TIME in Canada. It does not, for example, say part time equivalent.

- appropriate authorization refers to visa status: i.e. proof that you are allowed to work: your study permit would be fine provided that it permits you to work on campus (which they all do I think).

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
Where are you reading that? If its on the document checklist I think you are mistaken UNLESS you have worked FULL TIME in Canada. It does not, for example, say part time equivalent.
LOL, that is really nit-picking.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
beh467 said:
My friend that had gone back home renewed his passport there and came back to Canada with his new passport and the Visa on his old passport.
Yes I did the same thing. as long as your visa is not expired, you can use it.
My transit flight was Air Canada.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
aidina said:
An extract from CPP-Ottawa page:

"Please e-mail us (OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca) in any of the following cases:

You change your marital status
There is a birth or death in your family.
You change your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada**.
**If you reside in Canada, you must use the CIC's online form to change your contact information.

It is up to you to keep your contact information up-to-date. If you do not keep your contact information up-to-date, it could delay the processing of your application. Please quote your complete application number (letter “E”, “EP” or “F” ) followed by eight or nine digits in all correspondence with our office."

Then, you do not need to inform them about your new passport I would say. However, it will not hurt if you send them an e-mail with a copy of your new passport. They will decide if they need it or not.
Thanks for the information. But to what email address I have to write?

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
beh467 said:
I renewed my passport and sent them a copy of my new passport.
In the next GCMS notes that I received they had updated the Travel Doc number.
Whould you please tell me how did you send it by email or mail and which address? Thanks.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasim2 said:
Whould you please tell me how did you send it by email or mail and which address? Thanks.
Since the Dr that did my medical exam gave me an e-medical referral letter and asked me to send it to Ottawa, I mailed e-medical referral letter with a copy of my new passport to Ottawa.
But you don't need to mail it. You can send an email to CPP-O (OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca) along with a scan of your new passport and inform them about this change.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
2 weeks passed from the strike, and still no movements in our stream. It is tedious. What are those people doing? My due date was Oct. 8th!

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
did anybody who submitted the application in this Jan got some updates on their GCMS notes?
The Jan applications have been delayed for the doc request by cic for several months.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
2 weeks passed from the strike, and still no movements in our stream. It is tedious. What are those people doing? My due date was Oct. 8th!
It is really tedious!
My due date was Sep. 6.
I submitted my application for study permit renewal yesterday!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Hope we start hearing good news next week :)