+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
I really hope so. We have waited a long time. You have not even received your MR after about 15 month, and I am entering my month 20.
The waiting has been so long. Hopefully, all of us will get the PR soon :)

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
nasim2 said:
Hello all

I have renewed my passport so my passport number has been changed.
Should I inform CIC about this?
Did you renew it through the consulate or you had to visit to your country. I am interested in the answer to your question because I am planning to renew mine soon.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Prince said:
Did you renew it through the consulate or you had to visit to your country. I am interested in the answer to your question because I am planning to renew mine soon.
My friend that had gone back home renewed his passport there and came back to Canada with his new passport and the Visa on his old passport.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
beh467 said:
My friend that had gone back home renewed his passport there and came back to Canada with his new passport and the Visa on his old passport.
Many thanks for your reply and this useful information :)
We still need and answer for nasim2 question, do we have to inform CIC ?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
nasim2 said:
Hello all

I have renewed my passport so my passport number has been changed.
Should I inform CIC about this?
An extract from CPP-Ottawa page:

"Please e-mail us (OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca) in any of the following cases:

You change your marital status
There is a birth or death in your family.
You change your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada**.
**If you reside in Canada, you must use the CIC’s online form to change your contact information.

It is up to you to keep your contact information up-to-date. If you do not keep your contact information up-to-date, it could delay the processing of your application. Please quote your complete application number (letter “E”, “EP” or “F” ) followed by eight or nine digits in all correspondence with our office."

Then, you do not need to inform them about your new passport I would say. However, it will not hurt if you send them an e-mail with a copy of your new passport. They will decide if they need it or not.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please add me to the tracker:

App. reached CIO: 10-10-2013
Number of persons: 1
Experience: TA/RA + other
Nationality: Ukraine

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Prince said:
Many thanks for your reply and this useful information :)
We still need and answer for nasim2 question, do we have to inform CIC ?
I renewed my passport and sent them a copy of my new passport.
In the next GCMS notes that I received they had updated the Travel Doc number.

GeographyPhD

Sep 29, 2013
S_Govind said:
1. You do not need an ECA if your highest credential is Canadian. The ECA is more of a degree equivalency measure to see if an international degree measures up-to the standard of a Canadian one. Just provide evidence of completion for your MA..

2. You do not have administrative rights to do so. Request the admin to add you
Thanks so much; really helpful. I put one application in and had it rejected (for failing to demonstrate adequate work experience). Are people interested in those dates? I'm putting a new application in soon, so I'll add details then. Where is this excel document, by the way? link please?

This really is a great forum; thanks everyone

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
I am new to the forum. I am a 3rd year Phd student applying under FSW after 2 yrs Phd. I am claiming TA/RA as my work experience. I have been at the university 4 yrs now, as I also did my masters there under the same supervisor. The university pays me $25000 per yr. However on my T4 it is $8000 (where only TA money is accounted for) and the rest (such as RA, scholarships,grants,etc) which is $17000 goes to the T4A form. My supervisor's reference letter will state my RA duties and mention my annual payment on $25000 so its not a problem. And he put 20 hrs of work pr week. But I am worried about the different info on the T4 and my Reference letter. Any advice?

Just make sure you make it clear that parts of your funding would show up on T4 and others on T4A. If possible, also include copies of your T4A forms, and try to ensure that every number checks out with whatever your supervisor or HR has written on the letters of reference.

Thanks for the reply my friend

But I have 2 more questions.

i) Since my income is low (i.e. $8000 on T4 as opposed to $17000 on T4A), and my supervisor specified $25000 in total pr year with 20 hrs of work per week, would the Immigration Officer, try to only count the working time for the T4 amount, thus giving me less working experience hours (since he has all the documents , i.e. T4A, T4, Ref. letter)?

ii) Do I have to send all my T4's , T4A's since I have been in Canada and . as well as, all NOA from CRA taxes?

Hi, can any of you kind folks share you advices with me please. cheers.

GeographyPhD

Sep 29, 2013
ravenous071 said:
Hi, can any of you kind folks share you advices with me please. cheers.

re (2) which helps answer (1): you are not required to send paystubs or t4/t4a's: on the document checklist these are all examples of 'additional supporting documents' which may be included; hence not essential.

I am having exactly the same problem as you because of the way in which RA appears on the T4A. This is to do with internal processing, I believe, RA's can be a mix of pay and fellowship/scholarship -- all of which goes on the T4A -- and in from a tax point of view are different from work. Yet all this doesnt matter because RA is still part of the NOC 4012 and at present at least definitionally 4012 - in its entirety - still qualifies. Whether they change that and stop accepting RA/TA as work experience is (as another member pointed out) a waiting game. For our purposes, however, I think we have to work on the assumption that RA work will count. Whether or not and what additional documentation you submit is your own choice; it might help or it might cause them to ask more questions: thus less could be more or more could be less.

I'm relatively new here so treat all this as opinion. I have, however, researched all the documents thoroughly and can't find anything which directly contradicts my interpretation. I'd be more than happy to hear of any other views -- esp. before I send my application :)

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I submitted both my T4 and T4A forms with my application last year. Since I applied mid-February, at the time, I had not received the 2011 forms yet, so I did not include them, but I included ones from 2009 and 2010. My TA income, too, has been much lower than my total income (about a third as well; and in 2010, I barely did any TA, so my T4 income was even much lower proportionally). I don't think this would be a problem.

There was a discussion early last year (2012) on whether or not incomes would need to be taxable, and several members here have already gotten their PR with TA/RA experience only, and some of us got funded through non-taxable source of incomes (RA/GRA/GRS), so assuming that TA/RA is still accepted (which, again, if anybody can point out to me the part of the law that states otherwise, that would be appreciated), then it shouldn't matter if your incomes are taxable or not, so long you can provide strong letters of reference for these work experiences.

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
meyakanor,

Did you also submit Notice of Assessments , any paystubs?

Also, on the document checklist for FSW , they ask for proof of employment authorization (See item 12 on the Document checklist) . Please let me know what should I submit for that?