+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
GeoCanadian said:
Thank you, mkrp21 - this gives me a good idea. Wow - if it indeed depends on the number of different jobs I included in my application then I am in for a looong wait. :( Time to order the CAIPS... :) Will keep you updated.

Cheers,
GeoCanadian
You are welcome GeoCanadian. I just made a guess based on my experince and the excel sheet and I wish I am wrong in your case and you get PPR very soon. As asbereth said, it is really very hard to predict the way CPP guys work ??? ??? :-X. All the best for rest of your PR journey. Hope everyone of us get things done fast.

mkrp21

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hey guys, I got my visa yesterday. However, I will only land in a month. Im still visiting the forum but I am very busy to help and I will be like this for a while.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
Hey guys, I got my visa yesterday. However, I will only land in a month. Im still visiting the forum but I am very busy to help and I will be like this for a while.
Congrats!! Tyrusx. It was an amazing time u have passed thrugh this forum. Plz accept all of our cordial love nd thanks for all of ur help nd tome. Have a happy landing nd wish all of us good luck in our processing:(

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi websphereguy,
Which noc code did you use ?
Can u share text of your work reference letter ?
We can help u updating it and reapplying.
I would suggest that you should reapply.
Regards.

websphereguy said:
Guys, my app was denied as my lead statement doesn't match the noc. Is there anyway to appeal or reasses without have to reapply?

ottawa_immig

Apr 5, 2013
ottawa_immig said:
Dear All

I found this forum and indeed it is very useful. After all of this tragic refusals, I skimmed through the internet. I found another way of appealing - besides the same visa office and the federal court- and I urge all of whom have been refused to use this last resort, to create a recognized pattern of complaints (mentioned in that website). Please google " Case Management Branch cic" and choose the first link.

There is an email in that pdf for immigration case reviews, especially, for those whom don't want to go through litigation. Please try to prepare a good email, supported by excerpts of Operation Manuals especially OP 6B. Also, it worth to mention all of these inconsistencies in awarding adaptability points (awarding at CIO and removing at visa office, not awarding points for kids born in Canada before new regulations as most of the cases, not awarding points for spouse's education, not taking into consideration arranged employment offers) and the infamous work experience letter issue.

Please websphereguy check upper post and give it a try.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
kg.jadu said:
Guys, I received a medical request this morning, just one day after the email asking me to pay RPRF.
congrats kg.jadu!...this definitely seems to be a trend now!!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
asbereth said:
Ya, now may not be a bad idea to order GCMS notes. Based on my GCMS notes that are current up to April 24, it looks like my background check had already been concluded even before my medical was passed. This would probably explain why I got decision made and medical received at the same time on my eCas (by the time they were evaluating my eMedical report, everything other aspect of admissibilities had already been concluded).

Another possible reason why my background check was concluded so rapidly was probably due to the fact that I have not left Canada since I first got here 4 years ago. How many times did you leave the country ever since you got here years ago, and for how long each? They obviously never disclosed what exactly they are looking for while doing security checks so it's hard to make an educated guess.
Thanks for an interesting insight, asbereth... I have not left Canada since 2010 except for couple of weeks at a time for various academic conferences. Hope this does not create additional delay. I'll know more once I get GCMS notes and will share with everyone...

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
beh467 said:
Thanks.

But the problem is that the new rules indicate that "You finished at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program at least two years long) at a secondary or post-secondary school in Canada" while there is nothing in the transcript showing that our study has been full-time.
If you check OP6C, to be awarded the five adaptability points for previous study,

the principal applicant must have remained in good academic standing (as defined by the institution) during the period of full-time study in Canada.
So what kind of documentation we need to prove being in a good academic standing AND two years of full-time study that CIC will definitely accept? Exactly, it is our attestation letter from graduate studies office :D

If the CIC deems us to be eligible to apply under the eighth ministerial instructions PhD stream (which means you have completed two years of full-time Canadian PhD study, and in a good academic standing), then they also MUST automatically also give us the five adaptability points (else they're being inconsistent with their own rules; I wouldn't put it past them to be inconsistent though).

Once you get your PER from Sydney, that should be proof enough that you are also eligible for the five adaptability points for previous study, since there is NO LONGER the requirement to have completed the program now.

GeoCanadian said:
Thanks for an interesting insight, asbereth... I have not left Canada since 2010 except for couple of weeks at a time for various academic conferences. Hope this does not create additional delay. I'll know more once I get GCMS notes and will share with everyone...
Maybe I was wrong, and it was not necessarily dependent on how many times you have left Canada, but common sense would dictate that they would be having an easier time doing background checks on us if we have stayed in the country for years without leaving rather than if we have spent months at a stretch at countries where records of criminality are not as integrated as in Canada (they would have to do much more legwork in these countries).

And yes, do share what you found from your GCMS notes. Maybe you don't care anymore since you're pretty much safe for PR now, but it will definitely help other people who are still waiting in getting insight as to how CIC conducts their operation (though on security, there is usually not much we can find information about) :)

kg.jadu said:
Guys, I received a medical request this morning, just one day after the email asking me to pay RPRF.
Congrats :D Order your GCMS notes now (and once again a week after medical) to see what's really been going on with your file. If I'm not mistaken, you're the first approved case which has appealed Sydney's decision for the five adaptability points. At least we know that, if you obtain your degree in between submissions and assessment, they will award you the five adaptability points :)

ottawa_immig said:
Please websphereguy check upper post and give it a try.
websphereguy, have you started thinking on what you want to do next? I would still suggest you to start preparing for new applications (such get your credential assessment going, and re-take IELTS if necessary), and then, while waiting, send them an email for reconsideration (or follow ottawa_immig's suggestion on bringing up consistent rejection pattern). Let us know, and good luck.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
TyrusX said:
Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kg.jadu said:
Congrats! I've told you that you'll receive it very soon :)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:
If you check OP6C, to be awarded the five adaptability points for previous study,

So what kind of documentation we need to prove being in a good academic standing AND two years of full-time study that CIC will definitely accept? Exactly, it is our attestation letter from graduate studies office :D

If the CIC deems us to be eligible to apply under the eighth ministerial instructions PhD stream (which means you have completed two years of full-time Canadian PhD study, and in a good academic standing), then they also MUST automatically also give us the five adaptability points (else they're being inconsistent with their own rules; I wouldn't put it past them to be inconsistent though).

Once you get your PER from Sydney, that should be proof enough that you are also eligible for the five adaptability points for previous study, since there is NO LONGER the requirement to have completed the program now.
Thanks Asbereth.

But the problem with the attestation letter (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PhD_Attestation_EN.pdf) is that nowhere in the letter is mentioned that our study has been full-time.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
beh467 said:
Thanks Asbereth.

But the problem with the attestation letter (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PhD_Attestation_EN.pdf) is that nowhere in the letter is mentioned that our study has been full-time.
We can generate our enrollment letters through univ website and it clearly states part time, full time etc. Try same.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
We can generate our enrollment letters through univ website and it clearly states part time, full time etc. Try same.
Yeah, I agree with this.

I initially thought that they would explicitly mention that you would need to be enrolled full-time for at least two years in a PhD study. To my surprise, they said no such things, so it's better safe than sorry (and do NOT modify the template or the wording from their example of letter of attestation; even though it should technically not change anything, we never know).

I will try to look into OP6C later.

On a side note, I'm actually a bit relieved that they did not get rid of the PhD stream with the announcement of the new FSWP program (MI-8). The last third stream of FSW3, which was based on one's one year enrolment as an international student or as a foreign worker (under MI-1), was only there for about a year before they removed it.