+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

houshuang

Mar 15, 2013
Hey everyone. I'm currently in the long drawn-out process of applying for a PR, and found this forum incredibly helpful. Nonetheless, it's quite daunting to see 412 pages of posts. As a PhD student who is used to exploring ways of organizing and synthesizing information (reganmian . net /wiki/researchr:start), it made me think about ways in which we could do that with this forum. Of course, a wiki or some place that summarizes the important points would be really helpful, but of course quite a bit of work.

I needed to look for information about how to report TA and GA work, and I didn't find the search function in this forum too helpful, so I decided to dump the entire contents of this thread with a quick Ruby script. The result was 6032 forum posts. I then stripped all the "quoted" contents, since I was only interested in new information added, and I also didn't care about who wrote things, when it was posted etc (only pure "information" :))... I put up a _really_ simple interface for searching this information: reganmian . net /immisearch/SEARCHQUERY. Yeah, it's so "ghetto" that there's not even a nice welcome page etc, just put whatever you want to search for instead of SEARCHQUERY. You can even use regexp (for those who know what that is) although some regexp characters might get mangled by the URL handling... Here's an example of searching for all occurrences of TA, RA and GA, with a space on each side (it's case insensitive by default)

reganmian . net/ immisearch/ %20(TA|GA|RA)%20

(the %20's are converted to spaces, you can use a normal space first, but any normal space at the end is stripped off, so you need %20s).

Anyway see if you find it helpful at all. I realize that I didn't ask permission to grab all this info, and if the owners of this forum ask me to take it down, I will right away. I just grabbed it for myself, and wanted to share it with you guys in case it would be helpful (since you've been so helpful already!)...

You can also download the entire YAML dump from here reganmian . net/ immisearch/files/immigration.txt.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Just so you guys can know how things are. A guy in the buffalo thread got rejection today after waiting 35 months, doing medicals and everything imaginable. Reason for rejection, NOT ENOUGH POINTS.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-vo-fsw-pre-june-and-non-transferred-applicants-share-timeline-plz-t95004.0.html;msg2142646#msg2142646

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
Just saw you guys can know how things are. A guy in the buffalo thread got rejection today after waiting 35 months, doing medicals and everything imaginable. Reason for rejection, NOT ENOUGH POINTS.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-vo-fsw-pre-june-and-non-transferred-applicants-share-timeline-plz-t95004.0.html;msg2142646#msg2142646
That is unbelievable. They are mad, indeed! They do not care at all about us.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
Just saw you guys can know how things are. A guy in the buffalo thread got rejection today after waiting 35 months, doing medicals and everything imaginable. Reason for rejection, NOT ENOUGH POINTS.

are you kidding me????????????...this is outrageous!!...........and frustrating :mad:

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
utopie too got rejected after medical, and but she was on CEC. But apparently, there is still a slight chance that you may not be found eligible, even after medical, despite the fact that it is Ottawa themselves that issue medical requests. I wonder why they made him do medicals almost two years ago, only to later on reject his case due to having 3 less points (he said he lost the 10 points for arranged employment, I wonder how that could be the case).

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
utopie too got rejected after medical, and but she was on CEC. But apparently, there is still a slight chance that you may not be found eligible, even after medical, despite the fact that it is Ottawa themselves that issue medical requests. I wonder why they made him do medicals almost two years ago, only to later on reject his case due to having 3 less points (he said he lost the 10 points for arranged employment, I wonder how that could be the case).
I don't know, but given the way he talks, I think his application was not strong. He may have lacked something else or applied on a job that is not much of interest to Canada anymore.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
I don't know, but given the way he talks, I think his application was not strong. He may have lacked something else or applied on a job that is not much of interest to Canada anymore.
It looks like he still is currently employed, so I'm not sure why they would not award the 10 arranged employment points, and this should be independent on whether or not his occupations were on the on-demand list.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
It looks like he still is currently employed, so I'm not sure why they would not award the 10 arranged employment points, and this should be independent on whether or not his occupations were on the on-demand list.
He got a job offer, but he is not in Canada, he is in India, and the company is not in operation anymore. He got just 9 points in official languages. In my opinion, if you fare less than 12 points, you better study more English.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-vo-fsw-pre-june-and-non-transferred-applicants-share-timeline-plz-t95004.0.html;msg2143773#msg2143773

Also. He actually got to pay the Right for Residence Fee already. So he was only waiting to get the passport request.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
Just so you guys can know how things are. A guy in the buffalo thread got rejection today after waiting 35 months, doing medicals and everything imaginable. Reason for rejection, NOT ENOUGH POINTS.

This is crazy. Why shouldn't they check all eligibility conditions (points, etc.) and THEN request people for medical?
This is super easy for them so straightforward.
Just to let you guys know, people in Quebec protested last month and a friend told me their protest worked for them.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is crazy. Why shouldn't they check all eligibility conditions (points, etc.) and THEN request people for medical?
This is super easy for them so straightforward.
Just to let you guys know, people in Quebec protested last month and a friend told me their protest worked for them.
The forgotten buffalo from Quebec have been crazy active. They went to extremes to get people attention. Went to the media and everything. I always say, complaining doesn't do anything unless you act, and they did. It actually helped a lot of people outside of Quebec too, because CIC was forced to release deadlines.

houshuang

Mar 15, 2013
Just a note, I saw a few people were trying out searches today. The search is not fuzzy like at Google, it's very specific, so if you search for NOC 4012 details, you'll only get hits if any posts contain exactly that phrase after each other... So better to search for shorter terms (searching for 4012 gets a lot of relevant hits).

houshuang said:
Hey everyone. I'm currently in the long drawn-out process of applying for a PR, and found this forum incredibly helpful. Nonetheless, it's quite daunting to see 412 pages of posts. As a PhD student who is used to exploring ways of organizing and synthesizing information (reganmian . net /wiki/researchr:start), it made me think about ways in which we could do that with this forum. Of course, a wiki or some place that summarizes the important points would be really helpful, but of course quite a bit of work.

I needed to look for information about how to report TA and GA work, and I didn't find the search function in this forum too helpful, so I decided to dump the entire contents of this thread with a quick Ruby script. The result was 6032 forum posts. I then stripped all the "quoted" contents, since I was only interested in new information added, and I also didn't care about who wrote things, when it was posted etc (only pure "information" :))... I put up a _really_ simple interface for searching this information: reganmian . net /immisearch/SEARCHQUERY. Yeah, it's so "ghetto" that there's not even a nice welcome page etc, just put whatever you want to search for instead of SEARCHQUERY. You can even use regexp (for those who know what that is) although some regexp characters might get mangled by the URL handling... Here's an example of searching for all occurrences of TA, RA and GA, with a space on each side (it's case insensitive by default)

reganmian . net/ immisearch/ %20(TA|GA|RA)%20

(the %20's are converted to spaces, you can use a normal space first, but any normal space at the end is stripped off, so you need %20s).

Anyway see if you find it helpful at all. I realize that I didn't ask permission to grab all this info, and if the owners of this forum ask me to take it down, I will right away. I just grabbed it for myself, and wanted to share it with you guys in case it would be helpful (since you've been so helpful already!)...

You can also download the entire YAML dump from here reganmian . net/ immisearch/files/immigration.txt.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
houshuang said:
Just a note, I saw a few people were trying out searches today. The search is not fuzzy like at Google, it's very specific, so if you search for NOC 4012 details, you'll only get hits if any posts contain exactly that phrase after each other... So better to search for shorter terms (searching for 4012 gets a lot of relevant hits).
we need to put a FAQ together. I will see if I start one with the other admins this weekend and invite other people in. Care must be taken when reading old posts.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi chenying3612, I don't think the new wording represents any significant changes compared to the old one. The main point is that you must have completed two years of a PhD program (so if you transfer out of a PhD program into another one, then you can only count two years after the beginning of your current program), and be in a good academic standing (usually this means you have completed qualifying exams or something by the end of your second year).
Thanks for reply. But as I found in other forums, the previous saying indicated that the applicant should complete a program at first (like bachelor, master within Canada). Then the applicant should have at least two-year PhD study experience. I found several applicants refused for this reason.

dayammrma

Nov 22, 2012
How relevant it is to send this kind of documents?

Hi guys,

I have now two contracts from a company that offered me a very good job (I have + 10 years experience in different but yet related disciplines; also I have experience working with them for couple of years as part of my research). The first contract (permanent full-time)will be commenced whenever my status change either by getting a full time work permit or getting the PR which is stated clearly in the contract" this contract will take effect when you are able to work full time either by getting a work permit or PR....etc". The second contract is a part-time temporary contract that fits only my current off-campus work permit as they hope that my status will change before the end of this temporary contract when the first contract can take effect. I am currently working under this contract since January.

What is the relevancy of emailing these two contracts to Ottawa? and if this is relevant, could you guys provide me with the email I should send the materials to?

Thanks a million

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Re: How relevant it is to send this kind of documents?

dayammrma said:
Hi guys,

I have now two contracts from a company that offered me a very good job (I have + 10 years experience in different but yet related disciplines; also I have experience working with them for couple of years as part of my research). The first contract (permanent full-time)will be commenced whenever my status change either by getting a full time work permit or getting the PR which is stated clearly in the contract" this contract will take effect when you are able to work full time either by getting a work permit or PR....etc". The second contract is a part-time temporary contract that fits only my current off-campus work permit as they hope that my status will change before the end of this temporary contract when the first contract can take effect. I am currently working under this contract since January.

What is the relevancy of emailing these two contracts to Ottawa? and if this is relevant, could you guys provide me with the email I should send the materials to?

Thanks a million
From what we got given utopie rejection, offer of employment after application will not give you any extra points.