+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aler123

Dec 4, 2012
TyrusX said:
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/03/20130313-175534.html

pretty sure they will change the rules so only babies of Canadians or PR get citizenship pretty soon.
I thought that one of the parents had to be a citizen or PR for the baby to get citizenship.Correct me if I'm wrong, but the rule is that when both parents are international a baby born in Canada does not get the citizenship after birth.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
salam20 said:
But I can wait to get all these benefits when I am done with my studies and get a job and I can apply easily then.
Well, if you don't have PR, you'll have much less chance to get a good job.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
aler123 said:
I thought that one of the parents had to be a citizen or PR for the baby to get citizenship.Correct me if I'm wrong, but the rule is that when both parents are international a baby born in Canada does not get the citizenship after birth.
No you are wrong...both me and my husband have Indian passports and our son was born in Canada and has canadian citizenship ;)

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
salam20 said:
Based on all these rejections, I decided to refine my documents and send upgraded copy of my work experience letter and proof of funding. And recalculate my points. I will send them via email and via mail, as well.
Yes, send both ways. I sent mine by mail and they seem to disregard it. At least no track of it in the officer's notes.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aler123 said:
I had a Canadian born baby in November; I'm on a student VISA, my husband on a temp worker VISA.
She's definitely Canadian, she's getting her passport soon.

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
I have two kids, born in Canada. I and my wife are on temporary visa.
Both kids have Canadian passports.

There is no such requirement for one of the parents to be Canadian citizen or PR holder.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
tahhiir said:
I have two kids, born in Canada. I and my wife are on temporary visa.
Both kids have Canadian passports.

There is no such requirement for one of the parents to be Canadian citizen or PR holder.
Yes. But this will soon change. That is the indication Jason Kenney is giving on his twitter.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
Yes. But this will soon change. That is the indication Jason Kenney is giving on his twitter.
They should just put restrictions on the parents who show up 8 months pregnant.

Because, let's say, a PhD student, who spends at least 4 years in Canada, won't put his/her life on hold and wait to have a baby when he/she is back in his/her home country.
It wouldn't make sense.

For my child, I would feel it would be very unfair to deny her citizenship. She was born here, and she will likely stay in Canada for at least 2 more years. Why shouldn't she be a citizen?

Citizenship should always depend on 1) parents citizenship AND 2) place of birth
So, babies born from foreign parents should definitely have dual citizenship. No need to make them pay for what a few interested people are doing; just watch out for those and change the law properly to avoid abuse in the system.

I just can't believe they called that law "outdated"...my kid would need a "student" visa to go to preschool! (just kidding...but it's the idea)

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
So, I had sent an email to CIO to inquire if I will get refunded or not. They said I will NOT be refunded :'( (although my file didn't go to the visa office!) Anyways, if you don't remember my case, my application was refused because my letters of reference didn't convey my work experience hours properly.
So, my question is: now that I have a letter that has the "proper" information, do I appeal? or will appealing be of no use??

Please advise...

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yes, send both ways. I sent mine by mail and they seem to disregard it. At least no track of it in the officer's notes.

Their website clearly instructs applicants to send any document in support of their applications in e-mail not mail. This is what I was also told by the CIC call centre agent.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
Their website clearly instructs applicants to send any document in support of their applications in e-mail not mail. This is what I was also told by the CIC call centre agent.
Yes, I know. But it doesn't hurt if we send it both ways.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
ASG said:
They should just put restrictions on the parents who show up 8 months pregnant.

Because, let's say, a PhD student, who spends at least 4 years in Canada, won't put his/her life on hold and wait to have a baby when he/she is back in his/her home country.
It wouldn't make sense.

For my child, I would feel it would be very unfair to deny her citizenship. She was born here, and she will likely stay in Canada for at least 2 more years. Why shouldn't she be a citizen?

Citizenship should always depend on 1) parents citizenship AND 2) place of birth
So, babies born from foreign parents should definitely have dual citizenship. No need to make them pay for what a few interested people are doing; just watch out for those and change the law properly to avoid abuse in the system.

I just can't believe they called that law "outdated"...my kid would need a "student" visa to go to preschool! (just kidding...but it's the idea)
It may be hard to believe, but the majority of places in the world are Jus sanguinis only. Only in the Americas there is such a thing as jus soli. I have a friend whose parents were from Poland and moved to Germany. She was born there and had no right to citzenship. She had no citzenship until her parents got canadian citizenship and sponsored her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jus_soli_world.png

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hany001 said:
So, I had sent an email to CIO to inquire if I will get refunded or not. They said I will NOT be refunded :'( (although my file didn't go to the visa office!) Anyways, if you don't remember my case, my application was refused because my letters of reference didn't convey my work experience hours properly.
So, my question is: now that I have a letter that has the "proper" information, do I appeal? or will appealing be of no use??

Please advise...
Apply again. Same thing happened to me. They won't return your money or your documents. I applied again and got PER. This time put a cover letter explaining that last time you didn't know that those details are required and this time you have a more detailed letter included.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yes, I know. But it doesn't hurt if we send it both ways.
I do not agree. I think we must act based on their instructions to be on the safe side. They always ask people not to send the same inquiry through different means.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
aidina said:
I do not agree. I think we must act based on their instructions to be on the safe side. They always ask people not to send the same inquiry through different means.
What if it's a document like PCC? It can be sent only through post.