Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
Who knows. I hope so. I need it :).
Damn, everything is so slow again this days.

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
oliveoyl said:
Update: Received email today and was asked to submit proof of funds, along with account activity for the past six months.

Question: Do you email pdfs of statements or submit hard copy ?

Seems now a new trend in processing from 2012-13 onwards. Document request relatively soon after PER.
Oh well!
Can someone update the tracker to reflect that I am now a "red" :( ,because I got a document request on March 8, 2013.
Also if anyone has any suggestion of how best to send them the documents - email or snail mail, will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
oliveoyl said:
Can someone update the tracker to reflect that I am now a "red" :( ,because I got a document request on March 8, 2013.
Also if anyone has any suggestion of how best to send them the documents - email or snail mail, will be much appreciated.
Thanks!
I send through mail. They are not that slow. I've drop it to canada post on Sat and was received by Ottawa office on Wednesday.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
Yeah. The worst thing in this life is waiting for something.
Yes. I'm going to Brazil soon to try to use Murphy's Law in my favor. Maybe I get PRF because I'm out of Canada.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
They are really fast in reading our e-mails. That was my second time I sent them an e-mail (this time I updated my address), and got response within few hours. I wish they were that quick in processing too :).

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
aidina said:
They are really fast in reading our e-mails. That was my second time I sent them an e-mail (this time I updated my address), and got response within few hours. I wish they were that quick in processing too :).
I think they are not always like that. It depends on the content of the email I guess.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
aelatar said:
I think they are not always like that. It depends on the content of the email I guess.
Before reading the e-mail, they are unaware of its content. I think they read e-mails the same day (at least it has shown to be true in my cases), but depending on the content their action might take longer or shorter.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
A question from ASG, TyruxX and other senior members of this thread:

If the rejection is based on NOC Code 2121, then in re-applying, one can use following way to clear the confusion.

As clearly, your work duties fall under NOC Code 2121 and NOC Code 4122, you can include the work experience letter from supervisor, as well as another letter from you explaining that your work duties fall under both NOC Codes, like NOC Code 2121 and NOC Code 4122.

Also on the form (Economic Class - Schedule 3) can you can mention the NOC code as follows:
From Start Date "01.01.2010" till "31.12.2012" (Dates are just for example) NOC Code 4122
From Start Date "01.01.2010" till "31.12.2012" (Dates are just for example) NOC Code 2121

So basically, for the same dates you will put two NOC Codes 2121 and 4122, and an explanation letter that your work duties fall under both NOC Codes.

Shouldn't it solve the problem of refusal based on NOC code mismatch?

Any suggestions?

My friends is thinking of doing the same.

ASG said:
Hi all,

as I was expecting, my application was rejected based on non correspondance of the NOC code.

It frustrates me IMMENSELY, as my supervisor did everything to make what I did clear, and I feel
like I should have sent them a letter when I started to have doubts about this.

I won't provide the letter of rejection here, as it is in French, but someone here got the exact same one
in english not so long ago.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Does anybody have email ids of New Delhi Visa office.. Particularly that with which they communicate with applicant

I want to add those in my email account to avoid Spam filter.

Thanks in adavnce

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
indusvision said:
A question from ASG, TyruxX and other senior members of this thread:

If the rejection is based on NOC Code 2121, then in re-applying, one can use following way to clear the confusion.

As clearly, your work duties fall under NOC Code 2121 and NOC Code 4122, you can include the work experience letter from supervisor, as well as another letter from you explaining that your work duties fall under both NOC Codes, like NOC Code 2121 and NOC Code 4122.

Also on the form (Economic Class - Schedule 3) can you can mention the NOC code as follows:
From Start Date "01.01.2010" till "31.12.2012" (Dates are just for example) NOC Code 4122
From Start Date "01.01.2010" till "31.12.2012" (Dates are just for example) NOC Code 2121

So basically, for the same dates you will put two NOC Codes 2121 and 4122, and an explanation letter that your work duties fall under both NOC Codes.

Shouldn't it solve the problem of refusal based on NOC code mismatch?

Any suggestions?

My friends is thinking of doing the same.
I think if the job title is RA, one should list that. Unless you are really hired as something else by your Prof. Otherwise, RA. When you doubt, use your job title.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Well this is the end of the road for me (again). I got rejected again. My letter and employment offer did not work.

"For your family size of 1 person, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $11,115 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp). You have made a submission that indicates that you do not have these funds available to you. Although you have a work permit and a Labour Market Opinion issued by HRSDC, you did not have this work permit at the time your application for permanent residence was made. Furthermore, you did not submit a letter from your employer offering you indeterminate full-time employment once a permanent resident visa is issued to you."

I am done applying for PR for a while. I'm no longer interested and will just stay with a work permit. Good luck to you all!

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
utopie said:
Well this is the end of the road for me (again). I got rejected again. My letter and employment offer did not work.

"For your family size of 1 person, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $11,115 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp). You have made a submission that indicates that you do not have these funds available to you. Although you have a work permit and a Labour Market Opinion issued by HRSDC, you did not have this work permit at the time your application for permanent residence was made. Furthermore, you did not submit a letter from your employer offering you indeterminate full-time employment once a permanent resident visa is issued to you."

I am done applying for PR for a while. I'm no longer interested and will just stay with a work permit. Good luck to you all!

Sorry to hear this. Bad luck. Better to try with PNP after your PhD.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
utopie said:

you did not have this work permit at the time your application for permanent residence was made. Furthermore, you did not submit a letter from your employer offering you indeterminate full-time employment once a permanent resident visa is issued to you."

Sorry to hear that. If they go by the kind of judgement in the first sentence, then Canada should expel anyone who is currently a PR but has lost his/her job and does not have the minimum funds. It's like saying you fail your PR situation anytime even 40 years later if you miss one of the requirements for permanent residency.
They judge for example the language proof on the day of assessment and refuse you even if it was valid when it was received by their office, but they don't assess new gained qualifications on the day of assessment? They assess it based on the date you applied!!!