+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Ehsan_Ehsan

Jan 22, 2013
dj2009 said:
Hi Ehsan_Ehsan,

Do you mind sharing your timeline with us?
BTW, what other document did they ask for?
They also wanted my PhD program of study, detailed CV, and all the publications in which I am the first author or co-author.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Ehsan_Ehsan said:
They also wanted my PhD program of study, detailed CV, and all the publications in which I am the first author or co-author.
please post your timeline. For comparison, you can look on the spreadsheet on my signature.
This way we can better access the situation. Nationality and number of applicants, as we well as work experience are very important so we can understand the problem.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
please post your timeline. For comparison, you can look on the spreadsheet on my signature.
This way we can better access the situation. Nationality and number of applicants, as we well as work experience are very important so we can understand the problem.
From his ID I guess he is Iranian. As I said before, they are asking extra documents from Iranians (i.e. CV, list of publications and field of work). I also heard from some of my Iranian friends that their applications (not in PhD stream) was sent for security clearance check!!! This is what US is doing for issuing visas to Iranians.
One should tell them that we are suffering enough from our own government. Please don't add to our pains!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
MH_A said:
From his ID I guess he is Iranian. As I said before, they are asking extra documents from Iranians (i.e. CV, list of publications and field of work). I also heard from some of my Iranian friends that their applications (not in PhD stream) was sent for security clearance check!!! This is what US is doing for issuing visas to Iranians.
One should tell them that we are suffering enough from our own government. Please don't add to our pains!
Dude, at first we thought that was indeed the case, but if you look closely, Egyptians and Chinese were also required bank history. It is not about nationality, but rather the amount of funding. If you show just barely enough, they will request it. And everyone is sent for security clearance check.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
Dude, at first we thought that was indeed the case, but if you look closely, Egyptians and Chinese were also required bank history. It is not about nationality, but rather the amount of funding. If you show just barely enough, they will request it. And everyone is sent for security clearance check.
It is certainly discrimination. So far, they have asked only Iranians (as I remember) to provide them with a CV and list of publications. They have also asked nearly all Iranians for a 6 month bank history.

Ehsan_Ehsan

Jan 22, 2013
TyrusX said:
For funding, if for example, a person has 4 or 5 months higher than the required asset and for the rest (1 or 2 months) it is below the required value, what they might be doing for assessing the funding ?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Ehsan_Ehsan said:
For funding, if for example, a person has 4 or 5 months higher than the required asset and for the rest (1 or 2 months) it is below the required value, what they might be doing for assessing the funding ?
If you have less money at the current month than what is required, than you are in a risk position. When did you apply?

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
The bank history is understandable. I don't have any discussion about that, but CV and list of publications??? This is the request only from Iranians. If I can find only one case from other nationalities then I will stop thinking of discrimination.
About the clearance, my friend is waiting for more than 5-6 months for his security clearance. I don't know what are we going to do here? Most of us came here just to have a peaceful life, Now this is what we get!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
MH_A said:
The bank history is understandable. I don't have any discussion about that, but CV and list of publications??? This is the request only from Iranians. If I can find only one case from other nationalities then I will stop thinking of discrimination.
About the clearance, my friend is waiting for more than 5-6 months for his security clearance. I don't know what are we going to do here? Most of us came here just to have a peaceful life, Now this is what we get!
I have an Indian friend that got those requests and she applied in February.

Ehsan_Ehsan

Jan 22, 2013
TyrusX said:
If you have less money at the current month than what is required, than you are in a risk position. When did you apply?
I applied around May, and also have the bank statements for that time plus six months before that. My statement for this last four months is higher than the required value. But, There is just one or two months that my asset was around 1500 below the value.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Ehsan_Ehsan, how many days did they give you to submit the bank history? I too have something like a week where I had less than required funds within the last 6 months. It may or may not be a problem, but I think the only rejection we had so far due to bank balance was because his bank balance was near zero at the time of the bank history request. I'm assuming that you've always had 9,500+ for the last 6 months?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Ehsan_Ehsan said:
I applied around May, and also have the bank statements for that time plus six months before that. My statement for this last four months is higher than the required value. But, There is just one or two months that my asset was around 1500 below the value.
Hi Ehsan...you said you applied in May?...may i ask if that was your first submision?...

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
I have an Indian friend that got those requests and she applied in February.
Hope to see blue colours and after that white in your spreadsheet for everyone shortly.

Ehsan_Ehsan

Jan 22, 2013
MH_A said:
Dear Mr. or Miss. or Mrs. MH_A,

Based on my knowledge, the PR process is the matter of case-based process. It depends on many factors and I don't think that asking for a CV and publications make it very bad! We can provide them with those documents easily. I will not pre-judge about this process, as I have also heard from other Iranians that they could get the PR on time or much sooner. We have to wait and see what will happen. :)