30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
anjuku said:
sorry to hear this...but you are right..they go by the book!...i think the PNP is a better option for you...good luck with whatever you decide to do...anyways, you said you applied in may2012 and you already got a response from them?...that's quick...did u apply to buffalo or the VO in your home country?
I applied to Ottawa. From what my friends who got PR told me, the fastest way to get your PR is applying through your home country. I'm probably extrapolating here but it seems to me that Ottawa is one tough VO to apply to.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
utopie said:
I applied to Ottawa. From what my friends who got PR told me, the fastest way to get your PR is applying through your home country. I'm probably extrapolating here but it seems to me that Ottawa is one tough VO to apply to.
I think Ottawa had mostly dealt with processing CEC applications (before Buffalo started migrating their cases there), and Ottawa seems to be really efficient when it comes to CEC (my friend applied in May, and he already got his medicals; another friend applied through CEC in March, and already got his PR 2 months ago).

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
TyrusX said:
Take care. If you click on that link with 4011 on the end, it takes to NOC 4012. If you put the wrong NOC will you get rejected for job mismatch. Pay a lot of attention
I agree with you.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
TyrusX said:
Source http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-applicants-file-transferred-to-other-vo-due-to-buffalo-closing-down-t106454.0.html;msg2010010#msg2010010
These dates are really disappointing. But better to know them. Thanks for sharing.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
Take care. If you click on that link with 4011 on the end, it takes to NOC 4012. If you put the wrong NOC will you get rejected for job mismatch. Pay a lot of attention
Personally, I applied with the NOC my thesis is based on, and not through the Teaching/Research Assistant one. I really hope this won't be an issue.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
utopie said:
thanks utopie...it's strange why they would process your file faster than others...i feel if they had given you the extra time you could have figured out something regarding the funds part...this makes me fee this whole processing thing is very random... :(

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
anjuku said:
thanks utopie...it's strange why they would process your file faster than others...i feel if they had given you the extra time you could have figured out something regarding the funds part...this makes me fee this whole processing thing is very random... :(
That's exactly what I thought. CPP-Ottawa is rather inconsistent, thus the dates that were posted earlier is hard to believe. Even if it is true, they'd probably buffered it just to safe-guard themselves

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
That's exactly what I thought. CPP-Ottawa is rather inconsistent, thus the dates that were posted earlier is hard to believe. Even if it is true, they'd probably buffered it just to safe-guard themselves
I think they just removed all our files from hold and put most of them on eligibility review. Those that presented little money got requested for further documents. Others are still under evaluation or are not in need for such requisitions. I have a friend here on my floor that got the same request and she is a February applicant from India.

Also:
https://www.facebook.com/LesOubliesDeBuffaloEnAction/posts/564159133614278?notif_t=notify_me

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
anjuku said:
Like Tyrus said, they might be doing eligibility review and target those who showed the bare minimal (like me).
I have no idea whether the fact that I've been living,studying and working in Canada for more than 8 years and that I come from Europe is relevant to the length of the process.
Good luck Anjuku.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
Like Tyrus said, they might be doing eligibility review and target those who showed the bare minimal (like me).
I have no idea whether the fact that I've been living,studying and working in Canada for more than 8 years and that I come from Europe is relevant to the length of the process.
Good luck Anjuku.
I think some speed may be gained for those countries like China, India and Philippines, where due to the number of applicants, every VO has some familiarity with documentation and procedures. Very few people from my country immigrate to Canada, so I think it may be a bit slower for me because they have to consulate with the VO there. You may have been move on the top of the list for that reason.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
utopie said:
Good luck Anjuku.
thanx utopie...i guess we can all expect a funds statement request very soon... ::)...

esi110

Aug 23, 2012
Hello Everybody,
I am going to request my CAIPS. It seems that their form has changed since 01-2013 and in new form for section on Information requested they have 4 different options. I am not sure if I should choose 4A) Status of an application or 4C) Electronic files.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
I was rejected.

"I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet the first part of these requirements. Your work experience at the University of XXX was part-time for 20 hours per week. However this work was split between two terms which were separated by three months and thus was not continuous. Furthermore, there was a six month period between your work at the University XXX and University YYY. Your total work experience at University YYY was 1,475 hours; this is not the equivalent of 1 year of continuous full-time skilled work experience.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application."

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
cdhbamboo said:
I was rejected.

"I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet the first part of these requirements. Your work experience at the University of XXX was part-time for 20 hours per week. However this work was split between two terms which were separated by three months and thus was not continuous. Furthermore, there was a six month period between your work at the University XXX and University YYY. Your total work experience at University YYY was 1,475 hours; this is not the equivalent of 1 year of continuous full-time skilled work experience.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application."
I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
esi110 said:
Hello Everybody,
I am going to request my CAIPS. It seems that their form has changed since 01-2013 and in new form for section on Information requested they have 4 different options. I am not sure if I should choose 4A) Status of an application or 4C) Electronic files.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance
i chose the electronic files option ;D