+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Viva2014 said:
It might help you but not as a key factor. You have to bring more persuasive reasons. As I said, living outside of Quebec in the past or having family by itself will not be strong enough to convince them. I know this thread has lots of pages but if you have time, look at its pages and see how previous applicants from Quebec brought evidence.
Good luck
You can find some of the users in this sheet:

https://docs.google.com/a/uwindsor.ca/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-ASbHOIF93dDlLNjAtR1k4eGNtZ0xhSzkzYnBrVmc#gid=0

in "requested document type" column, you can find those who were requested to provide evidence. Note that all the users are not listed in this sheet.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
richard1234 said:
Yes, prepare the documents (rent agreement (your plus your wife-it is good if you have your name there), make toronto as your home and quebec as temporary home, make a letter from collaborated institute saying you worked there and willing to work here (or something like this, how flexible they are, or conditional offer letter). Your wife is studying in Toronto, that is good point. Tell them that you don't speak french and never tried to learn either.

As Viva suggesting, admission from university is NOT a good option, because after PR, you are supposed to go to Labour market NOT School.

Good luck.
Richard,

That is only true if you have applied under PNP. In this case, during the time your application is processed, you are not allowed to study. I have not seen such obligation for other categories. If that is true, please provide a link.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Thank you so much richard1234.

Have you gotten your MR?

richard1234 said:
Yes, prepare the documents (rent agreement (your plus your wife-it is good if you have your name there), make toronto as your home and quebec as temporary home, make a letter from collaborated institute saying you worked there and willing to work here (or something like this, how flexible they are, or conditional offer letter). Your wife is studying in Toronto, that is good point. Tell them that you don't speak french and never tried to learn either.

As Viva suggesting, admission from university is NOT a good option, because after PR, you are supposed to go to Labour market NOT School.

Good luck.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Thank you uwaterloo.

cpc-ottawa is working on PHD stream. all of you will got your MR very soon.

uwaterloo said:
At least you know CIC is working on your application right now ;D Good luck and all the best!

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
CIC is asking "Intention of living Outside of Quebec" for applicants from Quebec, in or after one month of getting PER. I think, it is after an initial review of documents. I know few of them who got.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Thank you viva2014.

It is so helpful.

Viva2014 said:
You can find some of the users in this sheet:

https://docs.google.com/a/uwindsor.ca/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-ASbHOIF93dDlLNjAtR1k4eGNtZ0xhSzkzYnBrVmc#gid=0

in "requested document type" column, you can find those who were requested to provide evidence. Note that all the users are not listed in this sheet.

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Viva2014 said:
Richard,

That is only true if you have applied under PNP. In this case, during the time your application is processed, you are not allowed to study. I have not seen such obligation for other categories. If that is true, please provide a link.
Well, may be you are right, I heard this from immigration seminar at school, I think it was for PNP. I did not find anywhere quoted on cic website :p Sorry for misleading then.

pouyan_SASK

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
I just called CIC. They said that the security check is incomplete. People with similar timelines have received PPR. However, all of the people that are getting PPR these days are the ones whom have been rejected before and this is they're second or third time applying. Could it be that some steps of security check is simply bypassed since they have it from they're previous applications?

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
I called CIC this morning and asked about the status of my application. I got very general responses that my application is under process and it is in the normal time frame. I asked if CPC-O has finished the eligibility check, he said he has no information about that. I felt he just gave me general answers and he didn't even open my file. I kinda expected that though. I just wanted to give it a shot. Back to waiting for MR :-X

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
farahnz said:
I called CIC this morning and asked about the status of my application. I got very general responses that my application is under process and it is in the normal time frame. I asked if CPC-O has finished the eligibility check, he said he has no information about that. I felt he just gave me general answers and he didn't even open my file. I kinda expected that though. I just wanted to give it a shot. Back to waiting for MR :-X
Farahnz, Don't worry. We all are in same boat, we all get MR at the same time, it looks like they started working on Phd applicants. It has to start from Sept last week.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
richard1234 said:
Farahnz, Don't worry. We all are in same boat, we all get MR at the same time, it looks like they started working on Phd applicants. It has to start from Sept last week.
Yes, It must start sometimes soon. Last week and this week they have been mainly issuing PPR. While I am happy for those who got PPR, but at the same time I hope CIC changes the focus a little bit and start handling our cases too. Thanks for the positive energy and +1 to you.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farahnz said:
Yes, It must start sometimes soon. Last week and this week they have been mainly issuing PPR. While I am happy for those who got PPR, but at the same time I hope CIC changes the focus a little bit and start handling our cases too. Thanks for the positive energy and +1 to you.
Good news is that they are working in our files! Hopefully that next week we can see a shower of MR and RPRF emails. :)

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
zorroo said:
Good news is that they are working in our files! Hopefully that next week we can see a shower of MR and RPRF emails. :)
This is the good way of encouraging one another. We all are in win-win situation. We don't want anyone to lose.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
richard1234 said:
This is the good way of encouraging one another. We all are in win-win situation. We don't want anyone to lose.
+1 for you richard1234! I wish everyone in this forum gets his/her PR soon!