+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Your fingerprints are digitally obtained through a third party and sent to RCMP. I think you should note that "fingerprints" are not generally considered "documents"; so your question is inherently vague. You should further note that applicants don't send their fingerprints to CPC.

RAP_PhD said:
Hi Guys,

No PPR, but I received fingerprint request today. Has anyone done fingerprint in the forum???

I see RCMP only accept electronic fingerprint. However, CPC-Ottowa asked the document to be submitted to this address:

Attention: Program Assistant AW5180 – CPC-O

Case Processing Center - Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Should I just do a electronic fingerprint and send it to that address?

Appreciate to any help.

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
Thanks Adamant! I surely would do that ;) Appreciate your kind heart of helping many people in the forum.

Adamant said:
Hi Rap........please keep sharing your story so that the future applicant's can get some help in this kind of unusual request. Thanks..........ur old friend :)

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
Right....I was very confused myself...... But thanks for your information.
I received response from CPC today (surprisingly quick) as follows:

You are to submit your fingerprint electronically to the RCMP – after they have run the check you will be given a paper copy of your results which you will then send to the following address:

Attention: Program Assistant AW5180 – CPC-O

Case Processing Center - Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

cantaloupe said:
Your fingerprints are digitally obtained through a third party and sent to RCMP. I think you should note that "fingerprints" are not generally considered "documents"; so your question is inherently vague. You should further note that applicants don't send their fingerprints to CPC.

kamranj

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
17-04-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
18-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015 Third Line Update: 29-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
I called CIC today morning and the agent told me that they are doing some background check,... on my application and I have to wait. I asked if the eligibility is passed and he answered it is still in process.

My conclusion is that they have put aside October applications and it is not clear if they are going to resume anytime soon.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
kamranj said:
I called CIC today morning and the agent told me that they are doing some background check,... on my application and I have to wait. I asked if the eligibility is passed and he answered it is still in process.

My conclusion is that they have put aside October applications and it is not clear if they are going to resume anytime soon.

Hi,

How could you contact them so fast? any phone number?

kamranj

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
17-04-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
18-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015 Third Line Update: 29-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Saph said:
Hi,

How could you contact them so fast? any phone number?
I used this number 1-888-242-2100 and my wait time was 6mins.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Note that the Call Centre agents have access to your electronic notes (GCMS), but they decide what information they communicate to you and how they phrase it. I imagine you could ask more specific questions, e.g. "has the eligibility review at CPC started for my case?" etc.

kamranj said:

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Helllo guys,

I received the mail request "intend to live outside quebec." a moment ago from CPC-Ottawa. Any suggestion to prepare these documents?

Thanks so much.

Here is my timeline.

App arrived:20- Nov-2014
PER: 11-Feb-2015
Doc request (intend to live outside of Quebec): 26- Mar- 2015

EmilyRen

Mar 26, 2015
Hi everyone,

I met a problem for my phD stream application. Today I received an email from visa office, it was like this:

As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live in Montreal, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Therefore, please submit information and/or documentation that would allay this concern within 30 days from the date of this letter.

I think it because I live in Quebec (doing phD in UdeM), but I applied under FSWC not the Quebec provincial immigration, so they are asking for proof that I will permanently reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. (a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class who is requested to submit a proof of intention to live outside Quebec)

How could I do this?
Thank you very much!

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi EmilyRen,

Could you share your timeline with us? I received same request from cpc-ottawa a moment ago.

EmilyRen said:
Hi everyone,

I met a problem for my phD stream application. Today I received an email from visa office, it was like this:

As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live in Montreal, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Therefore, please submit information and/or documentation that would allay this concern within 30 days from the date of this letter.

I think it because I live in Quebec (doing phD in UdeM), but I applied under FSWC not the Quebec provincial immigration, so they are asking for proof that I will permanently reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. (a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class who is requested to submit a proof of intention to live outside Quebec)

How could I do this?
Thank you very much!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
lavalsong said:
Helllo guys,

I received the mail request "intend to live outside quebec." a moment ago from CPC-Ottawa. Any suggestion to prepare these documents?

Thanks so much.

Here is my timeline.

App arrived:20- Nov-2014
PER: 11-Feb-2015
Doc request (intend to live outside of Quebec): 26- Mar- 2015
It is an important concern and you have to convince them in a very strong way. Some evidence for leaving Quebec could be official job offer, admission from another university, having an apartment contract all from outside of Quebec.
Showing previous tickets for your travel to outside of Quebec or having families outside of Quebec will not be cogent.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Thank you so much viva2014.

For this is the beginning of my third years of Ph D program, I have not started to job hunting or post-doctor position hunting. Yet, I lived in ontario around three months for a collaborated project in 2013.

However, My wife is studying in Toronto, and she got an internship in Toronto as well. Could this kind of fact help me?

Viva2014 said:
It is an important concern and you have to convince them in a very strong way. Some evidence for leaving Quebec could be official job offer, admission from another university, having an apartment contract all from outside of Quebec.
Showing previous tickets for your travel to outside of Quebec or having families outside of Quebec will not be cogent.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
lavalsong said:

For this is the beginning of my third years of Ph D program, I have not started to job hunting or post-doctor position hunting. Yet, I lived in ontario around three months for a collaborated project in 2013.

However, My wife is studying in Toronto, and she got an internship in Toronto as well. Could this kind of fact help me?
It might help you but not as a key factor. You have to bring more persuasive reasons. As I said, living outside of Quebec in the past or having family by itself will not be strong enough to convince them. I know this thread has lots of pages but if you have time, look at its pages and see how previous applicants from Quebec brought evidence.
Good luck

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
lavalsong said:

Yes, prepare the documents (rent agreement (your plus your wife-it is good if you have your name there), make toronto as your home and quebec as temporary home, make a letter from collaborated institute saying you worked there and willing to work here (or something like this, how flexible they are, or conditional offer letter). Your wife is studying in Toronto, that is good point. Tell them that you don't speak french and never tried to learn either.

As Viva suggesting, admission from university is NOT a good option, because after PR, you are supposed to go to Labour market NOT School.

Good luck.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016

a tough work, yet have to overcome.

Viva2014 said:
It might help you but not as a key factor. You have to bring more persuasive reasons. As I said, living outside of Quebec in the past or having family by itself will not be strong enough to convince them. I know this thread has lots of pages but if you have time, look at its pages and see how previous applicants from Quebec brought evidence.
Good luck