+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
It is very posible that it was an editing error. No worries, ATIP is meant to serve CIC clients confidentially. They cannot modify or change your PR file. As I said before, all they do is to request your PR file to CPC Ottawa and make it readable for you (editing it in a PDF), but they cannot modify the file.
Please email them and wait for their response. Never bother CPC Ottawa for this issue.

No worries about the +1, I think I have got enough, lol
Thanks again pepe. If they cannot modify the file, then CIO made a mistake in preparing GCMS.
Hope everything goes well.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
cantaloupe said:
I'd say don't bother yourself and don't worry at all. There's no point in looking at CIO's assessment because the visa office will throw it away and carry out their own assessment anyways. The only thing that matter is whether the processing agents at CIO have placed your file into processing, which they have. The finalizing note made by a CIO's processing agent is also unimportant, as it's only a templated text for each category. I've seen in them things about an applicant's spouse and children while they were never married. lol ...and all this rather makes sense, because their role is only to block the incomplete applications and the ones that are going to be refused for certain, and they also need to be super fast in doing this.
Thanks cantaloupe for your feedback.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They cannot modify the original file, but they can make a mistake when editing the original file they get from the VO.

Viva2014 said:
Thanks again pepe. If they cannot modify the file, then CIO made a mistake in preparing GCMS.
Hope everything goes well.

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
pepe84 said:
They cannot modify the original file, but they can make a mistake when editing the original file they get from the VO.
same here, my due date is Jan 12th and still no MR yet

maihasan

Feb 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I just received my PER email today (yaaay). But then I realized something horrible in my husband's IMM5669 application (I am the principal applicant by the way). I just realized that we answered 'no' to this question

6d. Been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other Country?

While in fact, he has been refused to get temporary resident visa to Canada last year. We have been living in Canada for the past three years, and we both are holding valid study permits. My husband's TRV expired on 2013, but since the study permit was valid and we didn't have any plans to leave Canada before we finish our PhDs, so we didn't bother much about it.

Then last year he traveled to the United States for 3 months for an internship. While he was there, we thought that he might as well renew his temporary resident visa, in case we wanted to go for a vacation outside North America after he finishes his internship. But because he was on a study leave, for the internship, he couldn't prove his status as a student in Canada then. So long story short his TRV application got rejected, but since the study permit is still valid and no TRV is required from the US back to Canada anyways, so he had never had any problems in crossing the borders. That's why we answered 'no' since he was never actually denied entry into Canada.

Now, after I received the PER email this morning, I was wandering among the applications copies that I have one more time (I really don't know why), when I realized this problem. We didn't mean to misrepresent any information of course. Now what do you think we should do? Should we send any updated or corrected IMM5669 forms (I guess we both have to send updated forms since I am the principal applicant), and try to explain the issue in a separate letter by any means?

But it clearly states in the PER email that:
"Please do not forward additional documents unless requested."

So I am really confused. Please help me.....

Ghgh2014

Sep 9, 2014
ditto. Meds rcvd Sept. done Oct. The third line ( "medical received on") has been recently (Monday) added to my profile.

arian_arian said:
I did my medical on mid september and I am still waiting for PPR!
Quote from: Saph on February 10, 2015, 08:46:31 am
Any Iranian here who did medical on Fall/2014 and waiting for PPR?

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hello guys,

Do you know whether the last cap for the PhD stream has been reached? Do you have any idea about the last charging date for December applicants (PhD stream)? Thanks

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
doc_mady said:
Hello guys,

Do you know whether the last cap for the PhD stream has been reached? Do you have any idea about the last charging date for December applicants (PhD stream)? Thanks
1. PER is being issued to Nov end ones. If the cap has been reached, it would not happen. BTW, would CIC issue more PER than the cap? Because no all PER can get PR finally. There may be a rate between PER and PR based on historical statistics. This is my guess.... Otherwise, the cap cannot be reached for 2014.
2. Someone built a topic for Dec applicants..... U may find the answer for the second question over there

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
maihasan said:
Hi everyone,

I just received my PER email today (yaaay). But then I realized something horrible in my husband's IMM5669 application (I am the principal applicant by the way). I just realized that we answered 'no' to this question

6d. Been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other Country?

While in fact, he has been refused to get temporary resident visa to Canada last year. We have been living in Canada for the past three years, and we both are holding valid study permits. My husband's TRV expired on 2013, but since the study permit was valid and we didn't have any plans to leave Canada before we finish our PhDs, so we didn't bother much about it.

Then last year he traveled to the United States for 3 months for an internship. While he was there, we thought that he might as well renew his temporary resident visa, in case we wanted to go for a vacation outside North America after he finishes his internship. But because he was on a study leave, for the internship, he couldn't prove his status as a student in Canada then. So long story short his TRV application got rejected, but since the study permit is still valid and no TRV is required from the US back to Canada anyways, so he had never had any problems in crossing the borders. That's why we answered 'no' since he was never actually denied entry into Canada.

Now, after I received the PER email this morning, I was wandering among the applications copies that I have one more time (I really don't know why), when I realized this problem. We didn't mean to misrepresent any information of course. Now what do you think we should do? Should we send any updated or corrected IMM5669 forms (I guess we both have to send updated forms since I am the principal applicant), and try to explain the issue in a separate letter by any means?

But it clearly states in the PER email that:
"Please do not forward additional documents unless requested."

So I am really confused. Please help me.....
Send them the corrected forms AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I made similar mistakes when I applied for my PR, and the moment I got my PER, I sent them the corrected IMM5669. It's not an issue if you found it, and fixed it pro-actively.

But if you wait until they find out, you may be charged for MISREPRESENTATION and got banned from entering Canada for five years, so immediately notify them, and send them the corrected form.

maihasan

Feb 3, 2015
meyakanor said:
Send them the corrected forms AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I made similar mistakes when I applied for my PR, and the moment I got my PER, I sent them the corrected IMM5669. It's not an issue if you found it, and fixed it pro-actively.

But if you wait until they find out, you may be charged for MISREPRESENTATION and got banned from entering Canada for five years, so immediately notify them, and send them the corrected form.
Thanks a lot for your reply. That's what I am going to do. But do you know which address to send the forms to? Also do you have any idea if this will delay the processing of my application?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
maihasan said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. That's what I am going to do. But do you know which address to send the forms to? Also do you have any idea if this will delay the processing of my application?
Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't think it delayed my application. My information was from two years ago though, so I'm not sure how you should go about doing this right now, but I did it with fax and also with post to Sydney.

Good luck, and make sure you do this as soon as possible :)

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
doc_mady said:
Hello guys,

The last one charged and announced in this forum was Dec 1st application received. Although one of my friend's application received on Dec 1st, and she's not charged yet.