Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014,

I am out of words, I have never seen this. If I were in your shoes, I would email the ATIP department and ask them for clarification, they usually reply in 2 days. Provide them with the tracking number of your request. Also, ask them if it would be possible to order the notes again and receive them faster. Tell them you are very concerned about this issue.

I believe two possible reasons:

One: ATIP whited out many of your assessments in the GCMS file. This is very unlikely if you got 17 in the TOTAL number of points.

Two: CIO became super lazy in assessing the files and registering the assessment in GCMS system. This one is very likely.

Did you not get the Visa officer report at the end of the GCMS notes? How about due dates? Nothen?

Viva2014 said:
As I said, the total points mentioned in my GCMS is 17 (12+5). Others are either blank or zero. What do you think Pepe? What should I do?

For instance they mentioned my language score but in front of it, it is blank and at the end, my language score is zero.

My GCMS does not have enough information.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Viva2014,

I am out of words, I have never seen this. If I were in your shoes, I would email the ATIP department and ask them for clarification, they usually reply in 2 days. Provide them with the tracking number of your request. Also, ask them if it would be possible to order the notes again and receive them faster. Tell them you are very concerned about this issue.

I believe two possible reasons:

One: ATIP whited out many of your assessments in the GCMS file. This is very unlikely if you got 17 in the TOTAL number of points.

Two: CIO became super lazy in assessing the files and registering the assessment in GCMS system. This one is very likely.

Did you not get the Visa officer report at the end of the GCMS notes? How about due dates? Nothen?

Thanks Pepe,

Regarding the note, yes I can see the note of the officer. He/she mentioned that my language test is verified, my primary work experience is acceptable, and my ECA is verified, and that I met 67 points or above.

Regarding the due dates, in front of assignments to the officer, it is blank and so does the due date. However, for medical, and criminality check, my due date was Jan. 13th.

It is obvious that my GCMS is missing information. I do not know whether I should email CPC-Ottawa or ATIP? Should I be worried?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never email CPC Ottawa about GCMS notes. Please email ATIP department, I am almost sure this was an editing mistake and all editing processes are done at ATIP.

Viva2014 said:
Thanks Pepe,

Regarding the note, yes I can see the note of the officer. He/she mentioned that my language test is verified, my primary work experience is acceptable, and my ECA is verified, and that I met 67 points or above.

Regarding the due dates, in front of assignments to the officer, it is blank and so does the due date. However, for medical, and criminality check, my due date was Jan. 13th.

It is obvious that my GCMS is missing information. I do not know whether I should email CPC-Ottawa or ATIP? Should I be worried?

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
MR Uploaded 06-06-2015 DM 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
Viva2014 said:
Thanks Pepe,

If I were you I will not bother much, since the end note says 67 pts and moreover you have done medical, so why are you worried?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Never email CPC Ottawa about GCMS notes. Please email ATIP department, I am almost sure this was an editing mistake and all editing processes are done at ATIP.
Actually I should add this thing that my GCMS note was received after its due date and I sent and email to them and they apologized and told me it would be sent as soon as possible. It might be a reason for such a mistake.

I will send an email to ATIP and see what will happen. Do you personally think that this mistake would cause any problem for me?

Thanks again pepe for your inputs.

I still need to wait to give you +1. :(

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Geotherm said:
If I were you I will not bother much, since the end note says 67 pts and moreover you have done medical, so why are you worried?

Thanks Geotherm. But, I have not done my medical yet. The due date has been passed but they did not send me MR yet. What about you? did you receive your MR?

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
Hi, I am about to go back to my home country and land when I return. I wonder if I still need a student visa to come back in case I am rejected to land. Or even if I am rejected to land, I will still be allowed to enter since I have an immigration visa.

Thank you!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is very posible that it was an editing error. No worries, ATIP is meant to serve CIC clients confidentially. They cannot modify or change your PR file. As I said before, all they do is to request your PR file to CPC Ottawa and make it readable for you (editing it in a PDF), but they cannot modify the file.
Please email them and wait for their response. Never bother CPC Ottawa for this issue.

No worries about the +1, I think I have got enough, lol

Viva2014 said:
Actually I should add this thing that my GCMS note was received after its due date and I sent and email to them and they apologized and told me it would be sent as soon as possible. It might be a reason for such a mistake.

I will send an email to ATIP and see what will happen. Do you personally think that this mistake would cause any problem for me?

Thanks again pepe for your inputs.

I still need to wait to give you +1. :(

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
I'd say don't bother yourself and don't worry at all. There's no point in looking at CIO's assessment because the visa office will throw it away and carry out their own assessment anyways. The only thing that matters is whether the processing agents at CIO have placed your file into processing, which they have. The finalizing note made by a CIO's processing agent is also unimportant, as it's only a templated text for each category. I've seen in them things about an applicant's spouse and children while they were never married. lol ...and all this rather makes sense, because their role is only to block the incomplete applications and the ones that are going to be refused for certain, and they also need to be super fast in doing this.

Viva2014 said:
As I said, the total points mentioned in my GCMS is 17 (12+5). Others are either blank or zero. What do you think Pepe? What should I do?

For instance they mentioned my language score but in front of it, it is blank and at the end, my language score is zero.

My GCMS does not have enough information.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you used your immigrant visa yet? If you haven't, then you will be fine.

If you used your immigrant visa already and haven't got your PR card yet, then it's at your own risk to leave Canada. Make sure your TRV is valid and you carry with you all documents like CoPR and the old study permit.

mengoose said:
Hi, I am about to go back to my home country and land when I return. I wonder if I still need a student visa to come back in case I am rejected to land. Or even if I am rejected to land, I will still be allowed to enter since I have an immigration visa.

Thank you!

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Guys, how can I tell whether my file was touched by CPC-O based on the GCMS notes? I see weird due date in the "eligibility assessment 2" section, which is 8 Dec 2015 :eek: [PER 23 Dec 2014, still no MR]

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
That doesn't show you anything that concerns CPC-Ottawa. Also, note that the entry numbers are in the order of creation, meaning that an assessment that is numbered 2 precedes the assessment number 1. (similarly Note 4 is created before Note 3, and so forth.)

rogelio said:
Guys, how can I tell whether my file was touched by CPC-O based on the GCMS notes? I see weird due date in the "eligibility assessment 2" section, which is 8 Dec 2015 :eek: [PER 23 Dec 2014, still no MR]

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
rogelio said:
Mine was showing due date for MR 6th of Jan. 2015, No MR till now

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
pepe84 said:
Have you used your immigrant visa yet? If you haven't, then you will be fine.

If you used your immigrant visa already and haven't got your PR card yet, then it's at your own risk to leave Canada. Make sure your TRV is valid and you carry with you all documents like CoPR and the old study permit.
Thank you so much for your reply! What is TRV? Thanks.

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
Viva2014 said:
Thanks Geotherm. But, I have not done my medical yet. The due date has been passed but they did not send me MR yet. What about you? did you receive your MR?
Hmm serious. Me too the due date was 6th of Jan. 2015 no MR