+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anytime after you get the file number. Be informed that if you order them after getting the file number you will not receive the GCMS file after 30 calendar days. Also, the last update of your GCMS notes will be a few days after you placed the order. Therefore, you will likely see the preliminary review made by CIO only. CPC Ottawa may not have touched your file at this time.

ojohn22 said:
Thanx Pepe, at what point did you guys order GCMS notes.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
forth line in eCAS status "decision make" appeared first or we are supposed to get PPR email.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got PPR first, then after 2 or 3 days I got Decision Made!

blackrock said:
forth line in eCAS status "decision make" appeared first or we are supposed to get PPR email.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
now my medical status updated and last week they asked me to provide them new passport, which i have updated already. now i dont know how long it will take to update passport request,

GCMS notes said, eligibility passed, criminality passed, medical passed ( as medical status updated on eCAS)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should get PPR in the next shower bro. It should be soon!

blackrock said:
now my medical status updated and last week they asked me to provide them new passport, which i have updated already. now i dont know how long it will take to update passport request,

GCMS notes said, eligibility passed, criminality passed, medical passed ( as medical status updated on eCAS)

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 14-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015 (Updated on ECAS 01 May 2015)
Interview........
Decision Made (June 12, 2015)
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
Any September applicant who got MR or RPRF fee request ???

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
espg_007 said:
Hi guys,

I just got back home and found my rejected application :'(. I sent it on Oct 24th and the letter of rejection is dated December 17th. I think it only got here after NYE.

The reason for rejection was: "You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time .... in the primary occupation in the last years.". I applied only with TA and RA experience, i.e., only NOC 4012.

I seriously cannot believe this happened, after reading all the posts here and all the effort I put into those letters trying to prevent this. I practically had to beg the Departmental secretary to make the letter following the guidelines I found here.

Anyways, is this it for me and the PhD stream? I guess there is no way I can't resubmit now. Can I somehow appeal the decision? In case anyone is interested/feeling sorry for me/experienced/ I can try sending you the two letters I submitted, one from the assistant to the program director (focusing only on TA), and one from my supervisor (TA for her and RA). I assure that both were very detailed in terms of the number of hours and the relevant NOC duties. In RA experience alone, the letter specifically quoted 20 hours/week since August 2011.

(I tried posting links here but I guess I'm not allowed yet?)

Any help/comment is appreciated, thanks in advance.
So, today I finally heard back from the MP's office after they agreed to send a request for me about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately the response they got from the Ministry was that since my application was returned before a file was created, there was nothing to be done. They basically have no record of me applying so they can't even go back and check if a mistake was made.

I think that this is extremely unfair and unfortunate, but it seems that it's the sad reality. Some casual employee with low level training ends up deciding the lives of us applicants.

What do you guys recommend? Should I bother going through a lawyer? (potentially running into the same wall), or should I apply though EE? (no work experience other than TA/RA here so will have a low score), or maybe try my luck with the PNP? (does that still exist?). Honestly, I'm actually leaning towards a fourth option, just going somewhere else when I get my degree.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
espg_007 said:
So, today I finally heard back from the MP's office after they agreed to send a request for me about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately the response they got from the Ministry was that since my application was returned before a file was created, there was nothing to be done. They basically have no record of me applying so they can't even go back and check if a mistake was made.

I think that this is extremely unfair and unfortunate, but it seems that it's the sad reality. Some casual employee with low level training ends up deciding the lives of us applicants.

What do you guys recommend? Should I bother going through a lawyer? (potentially running into the same wall), or should I apply though EE? (no work experience other than TA/RA here so will have a low score), or maybe try my luck with the PNP? (does that still exist?). Honestly, I'm actually leaning towards a fourth option, just going somewhere else when I get my degree.
Hi Espg,

really sorry to hear that. Did you send any fax or email to CIC directly?

Appealing the case in this stage is little tricky since you do not have any evidence to prove your claim nor does CIC have any evidence about returning your application. So, you may still consult with some experts in this regard.

If you do not have any other experience than TA/RA, you are probably not qualified for EE. The other option you have is using PNP which still exists and you have a high chance of getting PR in that way since they doubled the number of applications (in Ontario) they accept for PNP (from 2500 to 5200).

Good luck my friend and never give up.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
espg_007 said:

Sorry for ur misfortune...

1. Two of my friends have been rejected for the same reason, i.e. discontinuous and part-time working experiences. One of them gave up, and another one applied it for the second time but providing new working experiences. The second one has landed recently.
2. I applied two years ago. Firstly, CIC gave me NER because the adaptation point of ph.d studies was not counted. I sent CIC an email in which all CIC's documents supporting my case were listed and analyzed. About one month later, I was given PER.
3. I think EE is the option of highest successful possibility for you. The threshold will decrease because, if only applicants with job offers can be accepted, the cap of PR in 2015 cannot be reached.

So, submit online application for EE.... meanwhile, collect all CIC policies that support your rejected case, and appeal to CIC via a righteous email, although little chance to make it.
At least, if you are one of right ones for Canada, you will succeed to immigrate finally. It is only about time. Taking a step back, immigration may not be the best path from the point of view of long term.
Anyway, best wishes for you..... Life sucks sometimes, but you will get what you deserve if you strive for it.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Viva2014. Never give up and apply through PNP. If you are in Ontario, the PNP process is pretty straightforward and they process your application in 90 days. However you need to have your PhD degree or a thesis submission letter from your University saying that you are ready to defend. No IELTS needed for PNP when you are applying as a PhD graduate.

Viva2014 said:
Hi Espg,

really sorry to hear that. Did you send any fax or email to CIC directly?

Appealing the case in this stage is little tricky since you do not have any evidence to prove your claim nor does CIC have any evidence about returning your application. So, you may still consult with some experts in this regard.

If you do not have any other experience than TA/RA, you are probably not qualified for EE. The other option you have is using PNP which still exists and you have a high chance of getting PR in that way since they doubled the number of applications (in Ontario) they accept for PNP (from 2500 to 5200).

Good luck my friend and never give up.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very good advice. +1 for you and Viva2014.

gavin_cic said:
Sorry for ur misfortune...

1. Two of my friends have been rejected for the same reason, i.e. discontinuous and part-time working experiences. One of them gave up, and another one applied it for the second time but providing new working experiences. The second one has landed recently.
2. I applied two years ago. Firstly, CIC gave me NER because the adaptation point of ph.d studies was not counted. I sent CIC an email in which all CIC's documents supporting my case were listed and analyzed. About one month later, I was given PER.
3. I think EE is the option of highest successful possibility for you. The threshold will decrease because, if only applicants with job offers can be accepted, the cap of PR in 2015 cannot be reached.

So, submit online application for EE.... meanwhile, collect all CIC policies that support your rejected case, and appeal to CIC via a righteous email, although little chance to make it.
At least, if you are one of right ones for Canada, you will succeed to immigrate finally. It is only about time. Taking a step back, immigration may not be the best path from the point of view of long term.
Anyway, best wishes for you..... Life sucks sometimes, but you will get what you deserve if you strive for it.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
espg_007 said:

Hi espg_007, very sorry to know the news and here are some of my personal thoughts:
1. Given your application history, you will gain nothing by going to a lawyer....only the lawyer will get money from you. So save your money, time & energy by not going to a lawyer, and use that enthusiasm to rebuild your strategy.

2. I am no expert about PNPs but I know that they will continue to exist and the rules vary greatly from province to province. For example, in Alberta it's impossible to apply PNP without a job in the province, but Ontario PNP does not essentially need that (as far as I know). So I suggest you to go through all the PNPs' rules carefully. You might find a good option in one of them depending on where you live or want to move.

3. The new EE is tricky for PhD students but I am not saying it will be impossible all the time. You have to keep an eye on the minimum points of an invited applicant in EE stream. I think this update will be given in CIC website regularly (but sorry don't know the link yet). Someone posted in this forum that the last invited batch had minimum 880 something points, which means all those applicants have either a job (with LMO) in Canada or PNP nomination. So it's not a good time for phd students to go for EE application. But once this minimum invited candidate points go below 600, phd students can fancy their chances.

4. Don't give up on Canada yet. But your fourth option is actually a very positive survival mindset IMHO. Even I didn't have a lot of faith in this immigration system. Because I had to wait 5 years in Canada just to be eligible to apply in phd stream. I missed out on job opportunities after finishing MSc in Canada because I was not a PR. In the meantime, I saw other people landing in Canada with immigration from overseas who have zero Canadian education/experience. I know how frustrating that is! So until I received the medical request last year, I kept my alert eyes open all the time for opportunities in USA, Australia or even in my home country. I actually tried to be open-minded and positive by thinking and planning that way. I wish and hope that if you plan positively, you will eventually get to a better position: in Canada or elsewhere.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better yet! +1 for you!

Yes lawyers will not help you at all. I suggest PNP if in Ontario. Its very easy to be nominated if you are a PhD graduate. And Ontario PNP does not clasify for express entry. So once you get the nomination, you just have to apply for PR through the regular process.

bluelotus said:
Hi espg_007, very sorry to know the news and here are some of my personal thoughts:
1. Given your application history, you will gain nothing by going to a lawyer....only the lawyer will get money from you. So save your money, time & energy by not going to a lawyer, and use that enthusiasm to rebuild your strategy.

2. I am no expert about PNPs but I know that they will continue to exist and the rules vary greatly from province to province. For example, in Alberta it's impossible to apply PNP without a job in the province, but Ontario PNP does not essentially need that (as far as I know). So I suggest you to go through all the PNPs' rules carefully. You might find a good option in one of them depending on where you live or want to move.

3. The new EE is tricky for PhD students but I am not saying it will be impossible all the time. You have to keep an eye on the minimum points of an invited applicant in EE stream. I think this update will be given in CIC website regularly (but sorry don't know the link yet). Someone posted in this forum that the last invited batch had minimum 880 something points, which means all those applicants have either a job (with LMO) in Canada or PNP nomination. So it's not a good time for phd students to go for EE application. But once this minimum invited candidate points go below 600, phd students can fancy their chances.

4. Don't give up on Canada yet. But your fourth option is actually a very positive survival mindset IMHO. Even I didn't have a lot of faith in this immigration system. Because I had to wait 5 years in Canada just to be eligible to apply in phd stream. I missed out on job opportunities after finishing MSc in Canada because I was not a PR. In the meantime, I saw other people landing in Canada with immigration from overseas who have zero Canadian education/experience. I know how frustrating that is! So until I received the medical request last year, I kept my alert eyes open all the time for opportunities in USA, Australia or even in my home country. I actually tried to be open-minded and positive by thinking and planning that way. I wish and hope that if you plan positively, you will eventually get to a better position: in Canada or elsewhere.

ehsan.isf

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
I am really sorry to hear that. May I ask you one question?! Have you already received PER and application number or you got rejected before receiving those?

espg_007 said: