+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for giving us some hope bro. It seems there is a delay for all who submitted after Jan 12. Did you send it via Xpresspost and to the PO Box address?

Hal.Br said:
My passport reached CPC-O on Jan 12 and I got it back yesterday.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, my brain is not processing very well this week. And yes, you are right.

rogelio said:
Where did you get this info, Pepe? It is 30-40 days now, or 50 in the worst-case scenario.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand your questions. Did you apply already under PhD stream and you are planning to apply again under EE?

PER: is the email CIO sends once you pass eligibility at a first stage. It stands for Possitive Eligibility Review

linandzou said:
Dear friends,

Finally I find the big PhD stream family here.

My situation is kind of complicate. First my application was revived by Sydney on Dec 31st 2014, and I have not been charged yet. However, since the new EE system launched, this is my last chance to apply. I only have like 2 days to prepare my documents (finger cross I signed everything). I did not include my RA/TA experience in my application (not enough time to get it), but I have other experience for one year.

1.Can I submit my RA/TA reference letter though mail or email after I get the file number?

I am currently working as a post-doc fellow in Ottawa, I have job offer letters and everything. However I live with my family in Gatineau QC (the only apartment I can find suitable for my family). We have applied for QC health card and QC child benefits already.

2. Would it affect my application?

My son was born in Canada and he is a Canadian citizen.

3. would it be an advantage or disadvantage?

Any reply would help. Thank you so much.

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
I don't understand your questions. Did you apply already under PhD stream and you are planning to apply again under EE?

PER: is the email CIO sends once you pass eligibility at a first stage. It stands for Possitive Eligibility Review
I applied for PhD stream. The application was reviewed by Sydney on 31st Dec 2014

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
linandzou said:
I applied for PhD stream. The application was reviewed by Sydney on 31st Dec 2014
I applied for PhD stream. The application was RECEIVED by Sydney on 31st Dec 2014

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:

I applied for PhD stream. The application was RECEIVED by Sydney on 31st Dec 2014

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you submit just one reference letter to support your work experience? This experience must be in the primary ocupation you stated in your application. Additional reference letters will not be asked by CIO, so your application must be complete when they open your envelope. Otherwise it will be returned as incomplete.

linandzou said:

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
Did you submit just one reference letter to support your work experience? This experience must be in the primary ocupation you stated in your application. Additional reference letters will not be asked by CIO, so your application must be complete when they open your envelope. Otherwise it will be returned as incomplete.
What is primary ocupation, I believe I use NOC 4011 for post-doc fellow, but my one year work experience is NOC 0212 for environmental manager. What should I do now. I think I can get RA/TA reference letter from my university soon.

Thank you for your reply

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In one of the application forms where you had to declare all your work experience, (don't remember the name/number of that form) there was a question asking you for your primary occupation. It was supposed to be included in the top of that page where you also had to include all your other experience, with time periods, duties and everything.

linandzou said:
What is primary ocupation, I believe I use NOC 4011 for post-doc fellow, but my one year work experience is NOC 0212 for environmental manager. What should I do now. I think I can get RA/TA reference letter from my university soon.

Thank you for your reply

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
linandzou said:
Dear friends,

Finally I find the big PhD stream family here.

My situation is kind of complicate. First my application was revived by Sydney on Dec 31st 2014, and I have not been charged yet. However, since the new EE system launched, this is my last chance to apply. I only have like 2 days to prepare my documents (finger cross I signed everything). I did not include my RA/TA experience in my application (not enough time to get it), but I have other experience for one year.

1.Can I submit my RA/TA reference letter though mail or email after I get the file number?

I am currently working as a post-doc fellow in Ottawa, I have job offer letters and everything. However I live with my family in Gatineau QC (the only apartment I can find suitable for my family). We have applied for QC health card and QC child benefits already.

2. Would it affect my application?

My son was born in Canada and he is a Canadian citizen.

3. would it be an advantage or disadvantage?

Any reply would help. Thank you so much.
Sorry, your question is not clear. "I only have like 2 days to prepare my documents (finger cross I signed everything)."
If you already sent your application and it was receive Dec31st, what documents do you want to send? Did CIO ask you to send extra documents? If that's not the case, I'm not sure you can actually apply anymore for fsw phd stream anymore. Try your best for EE

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
cantaloupe said:
Well, but CPC-O has been working a lot faster than before, and that doesn't necessarily mean they've increased the workforce based on their general strategy of re-configuration of the visa offices (whether inland or abroad) in the past three years. An increase in the error rate, I suppose, is not surprising.
There is no point of increasing the processing speed at the expense of accuracy. Remember if the documents were sent to a wrong address, the future of that case becomes uncertain - the unlucky dog may never get the files back at all.

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
In one of the application forms where you had to declare all your work experience, (don't remember the name/number of that form) there was a question asking you for your primary occupation. It was supposed to be included in the top of that page where you also had to include all your other experience, with time periods, duties and everything.
I found the minimum requirement for PhD stream, it did not mention it has to be the same as primary occupation. If your words is true, then I am screwed.

Hal.Br

Dec 11, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks for giving us some hope bro. It seems there is a delay for all who submitted after Jan 12. Did you send it via Xpresspost and to the PO Box address?
Yes, I sent it by Xpresspost to PO Box.
Hope you guys get it very soon, too.

ehsan.isf

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi Guys,

I really appreciate if you could help me. According to Canada Express Post tracking system, I know that my PhD stream PR application should be received by CPC office at Sydney, Nova Scotia at Dec 1, 2014. However, I am not still able to track my PR application through CIC online system after more than 1.5 month!. I was wondering it is because that I haven`t received my File No or there might be another reason. I use my UCI No to track but it says there is no information for this UCI No. I was wondering if anyone were able to see its application status (at least the date in which the application package is received by the office) before getting File No?

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
ehsan.isf said:
Hi Guys,

I really appreciate if you could help me. According to Canada Express Post tracking system, I know that my PhD stream PR application should be received by CPC office at Sydney, Nova Scotia at Dec 1, 2014. However, I am not still able to track my PR application through CIC online system after more than 1.5 month!. I was wondering it is because that I haven`t received my File No or there might be another reason. I use my UCI No to track but it says there is no information for this UCI No. I was wondering if anyone were able to see its application status (at least the date in which the application package is received by the office) before getting File No?
This is too early for you to track your application. recently people are getting their PER emails after a waiting period of 3 months. According to best of my knowledge you can track you r application online only after it got positive eligibility by CIO.

Best wishes