+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
chenying3612 said:
Hi all,

I need your advice. I got MR this morning as well as RPRF. But this afternoon, I received a email asking for CV and more info about previous experience in Iran. The question is I am a Chinese...

Has anyone had the same experience?
I am daunted to learn that the office made such mistakes and so frequently. Days ago, one of my friends received his PR confirmation letter in mail AND another letter for an unknown couple in another city!

Mistakes like these adversely impact the lives of the applicants. To some, it can be substantial. Who is to hold the office accountable for their mistakes?

The question who is to hold the office accountable for these mistakes?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I get such mail in my mailbox, I will make sure all media hear about that!

There is a high error rate my friend as announced recently in the news.

ichina said:
I am daunted to learn that the office made such mistakes and so frequently. Days ago, one of my friends received his PR confirmation letter in mail AND another letter for an unknown couple in another city!

Mistakes like these adversely impact the lives of the applicants. To some, it can be substantial. Who is to hold the office accountable for their mistakes?

ganukumar

Dec 23, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2014
Doc's Request.
06-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
LANDED..........
Already in canada
pepe84 said:
Can you check again if your tracking no. has been activated yet?
Not yet activated bro...

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Hi guys,

May I know, once I receive PER, how long I should wait for document request (e.g. 6-month bank history)?
Thanks for ur time....

Best wishes for all of ur cases....

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It varies, you may get it within 2 months or more. CPC Ottawa is very unpredictable but right now is 2 months.

gavin_cic said:
Hi guys,

May I know, once I receive PER, how long I should wait for document request (e.g. 6-month bank history)?
Thanks for ur time....

Best wishes for all of ur cases....

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
pepe84 said:
It varies, you may get it within 2 months or more. CPC Ottawa is very unpredictable but right now is 2 months.
Where did you get this info, Pepe? It is 30-40 days now, or 50 in the worst-case scenario.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Thanks for ur reply.... :)

pepe84 said:

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
pg123 said:
Hello Seniors,

after medical results are uploaded, how long would it take to get 3 line updated?

Thank you very much,

Jr
I got my third line updated one week after the medical check is done. I think my medical resulted has been sent on this Monday. And Tuesday the third line" we have received your medical results" has been updated.

Does anyone know how long to wait to receive PRR?

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
ichina said:

That's sad to hear such mistakes are actually taking place. According to this article http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story/5245401-Ottawa-defends-errors-in-immigration-processing/ Ottawa says that most of the inexperienced staff are at centralized intake office, and this is not the case with offices that review and make decision on PR applications. That means that we should expect more mistakes at the early stages of applying and that's at CIO. But your experience tells a different thing, mistakes are still happening at passport request and PR decision levels.

I was really relaxed and laid back about my application, but now I'm beginning to stress out for all these reasons. I'm worried my future will not be the same as I'm hoping :(

ganukumar

Dec 23, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2014
Doc's Request.
06-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
LANDED..........
Already in canada
pepe84 said:
Ouch :( Did you send it via Canada Post (Xpress) and to the PO Box address?
Yes bro..

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

Finally I find the big PhD stream family here.

My situation is kind of complicate. First my application was revived by Sydney on Dec 31st 2014, and I have not been charged yet. However, since the new EE system launched, this is my last chance to apply. I only have like 2 days to prepare my documents (finger cross I signed everything). I did not include my RA/TA experience in my application (not enough time to get it), but I have other experience for one year.

1.Can I submit my RA/TA reference letter though mail or email after I get the file number?

I am currently working as a post-doc fellow in Ottawa, I have job offer letters and everything. However I live with my family in Gatineau QC (the only apartment I can find suitable for my family). We have applied for QC health card and QC child benefits already.

2. Would it affect my application?

My son was born in Canada and he is a Canadian citizen.

3. would it be an advantage or disadvantage?

Any reply would help. Thank you so much.

Hal.Br

Dec 11, 2014
ganukumar said:
I have submitted my passport on Jan 12 and was reached on jan 13. Still return package is not activated. Did anyone received passport back who submitted early last week.
My passport reached CPC-O on Jan 12 and I got it back yesterday.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Well, but CPC-O has been working a lot faster than before, and that doesn't necessarily mean they've increased the workforce based on their general strategy of re-configuration of the visa offices (whether inland or abroad) in the past three years. An increase in the error rate, I suppose, is not surprising.

pepe84 said:
If I get such mail in my mailbox, I will make sure all media hear about that!

There is a high error rate my friend as announced recently in the news.