+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
My PNP application is now 25months and while Gc key says processing time for paper based applicants is 22 months. My medical was recently updated after I redo medical. I want to know if I should contact Hong Kong visa office to find out about my application as my local visa office is Accra Ghana and was told through this forum that some files were transfered to Hong Kong visa office as a result of work load.
By paper based, do you mean that your PR application was not submitted through an Express Entry profile?
SECONDLY, did IRCC request a remedical from you or did you do it at your own discretion? If they requested a remed from you, please when was that?

About your VO enquiry, you should contact Hong Kong VO through email to know if your application was in fact moved there. I did, and they confirmed mine was.

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
He
I think the clinic will send it to IRCC and they will update your account when it's passed.

BUT YOU SHOULD ALSO SEND THE REPORT TO IRCC THROUGH THE WEB FORM.

I'll be going for my remeds next week (unsolicited) and I'll do same. Hopefully we'll see some movement.
Hello, Mike. So did you eventually proceed with the remed? How did your it go? Any updates yet?

GW007

May 22, 2020
By paper based, do you mean that your PR application was not submitted through an Express Entry profile?
SECONDLY, did IRCC request a remedical from you or did you do it at your own discretion? If they requested a remed from you, please when was that?

About your VO enquiry, you should contact Hong Kong VO through email to know if your application was in fact moved there. I did, and they confirmed mine was.
Paper-based applications are processed in a different manner compared with Express Entry. For instance, Medical are not done upfront but only when requested by IRCC after the application is submitted and processing has progressed...

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Paper-based applications are processed in a different manner compared with Express Entry. For instance, Medical are not done upfront but only when requested by IRCC after the application is submitted and processing has progressed...
I asked if the PR application was paper based because...
(S)He mentioned that (S)He applied under PNP. I also applied under PNP, however, only my (Alberta) PNP application was paper based. I got nominated under one month of submitting my paper based PNP application to Alberta through DHL, and the nomination was made through my EE profile. Which means, I accepted the nomination through my EE profile, earned extra 600, and ultimately got an ITA. So my PR application was made online through my EE profile.

I was a bit CONFUSED by the paper based PNP enquiry (S)He mentioned due to my own paper based PNP detour. I needed clarity as to whether the 22 MONTH PROCESSING TIMELINE for paper based PNP (PR) applications applies to me or not.

The whole thing is confusing me at this point really. My AOR is January 10th, 2020.

Reactions: Prayerworks

GW007

May 22, 2020
I asked if the PR application was paper based because...
(S)He mentioned that (S)He applied under PNP. I also applied under PNP, however, only my (Alberta) PNP application was paper based. I got nominated under one month of submitting my paper based PNP application to Alberta through DHL, and the nomination was made through my EE profile. Which means, I accepted the nomination through my EE profile, earned extra 600, and ultimately got an ITA. So my PR application was made online through my EE profile.

I was a bit CONFUSED by the paper based PNP enquiry (S)He mentioned due to my own paper based PNP detour. I needed clarity as to whether the 22 MONTH PROCESSING TIMELINE for paper based PNP (PR) applications applies to me or not.

The whole thing is confusing me at this point really. My AOR is January 10th, 2020.
To clarify, this refers to final step of applying for PR to IRCC and not initial nomination application to any Province.... Most Province have 2 nomination route; either through Express Entry (expedited) or paper-based (base nomination)... When nominated via EE, you submit PR application online, but if through base nomination (paper-based), you send the PR paper application through courier directly to CIO Canada..

Reactions: Emprexx

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
To clarify, this refers to final step of applying for PR to IRCC and not initial nomination application to any Province.... Most Province have 2 nomination route; either through Express Entry (expedited) or paper-based (base nomination)... When nominated via EE, you submit PR application online, but if through base nomination (paper-based), you send the PR paper application through courier directly to CIO Canada..
Thank you.

Jn198

Star Member
Sep 17, 2019

My PR application was submitted through mail (DHL) and not through express entry, after they received and acknowledged through email, I was asked to link the application online within 24 hours, which I did.
IRCC didn't request for my medical, I did another upfront and was updated and passed as indicated in my gc key profile.

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
My PR application was submitted through mail (DHL) and not through express entry, after they received and acknowledged through email, I was asked to link the application online within 24 hours, which I did.
IRCC didn't request for my medical, I did another upfront and was updated and passed as indicated in my gc key profile.
OK. I get it now.
I also did a remedical on my own earlier this month without IRCC requesting for it. I'm yet to any updates to that effect (that is, it hasn't been updated passed on my GC key profile yet).
How long after you had the test did your remedical show 'passed' in your profile?
Hoping for the best for all of us.

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Yes I proceeded with the remedicals. But I'm still waiting for an update.

I'm also Alberta PNP and received schedule 4 like you, with file in HK.
I raised a web form individually to IRCC Central office, Accra VO, and HK VO attaching the upfront E-medical to each of them. Hope you did same?

Fingers now crossed, hoping for the best.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I raised a web form individually to IRCC Central office, Accra VO, and HK VO attaching the upfront E-medical to each of them. Hope you did same?

Fingers now crossed, hoping for the best.
I only did for HK.
Maybe I should do the same to AVO and the central office.
I'm just tired really.