+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Me
My medicals expired on 19th December. I got an update in my account, checked and medical had changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
Then I got a GU on 20th December. Nothing else after that.
Ok. I hope you get an extension soon and don't have to spend on remeds.

On the other hand though, I heard extensions are for 3 - 6 months and remeds are for a year.

Reactions: Emprexx

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
February 7, 2020 here!

Still waiting. medicals expire Feb 16th. No remed or extensions yet.
You do realise that Medicals expire exactly one year from the date you had the tests done, not one year from the date it showed passed on your account.
I learned this from one of the threads here. Also, I noticed this from my own application. My medical status changed to "Not needed" on 19th December. And that's exactly one year after I had the test done. Meanwhile, on my profile, I passed the Medicals on 24th January 2020.

Reactions: mikelfab

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I'm
Ok. I hope you get an extension soon and don't have to spend on remeds.

On the other hand though, I heard extensions are for 3 - 6 months and remeds are for a year.
I'm really not sure about the time. But per IRCC guidelines, your Medicals have to have at least 6 validity for you to be admissible into Canada. And I've read some people post that theirs were extended for up to 6 months and above.

Reactions: Mike@2019

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
You do realise that Medicals expire exactly one year from the date you had the tests done, not one year from the date it showed passed on your account.
I learned this from one of the threads here. Also, I noticed this from my own application. My medical status changed to "Not needed" on 19th December. And that's exactly one year after I had the test done. Meanwhile, on my profile, I passed the Medicals on 24th January 2020.
I think the one year validity is sometime between when you had the test done and when it reflects in your account. This will be exactly the date when the test is transmitted from the panel physician to IRCC.

In your case, it may have been transmitted on the same day it was done.

In my case, I did the test Feb 7, passed it Feb 19 as per account. But it expires Feb 15 as per GCMS notes. So I think it was transmitted on Feb 15.

Reactions: Emprexx

Bodokaaaaa

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hello. Pls has anyone travelled to Canada from Nigeria in 2021 with COPR dated after March 2019 and no authorisation letter during this lockdown?

Koopidz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-08-2019
Nomination.....
16-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi, yeah long time. I hope the year has started well for you.

It's good to know there's moving in your application. When did you get your first medical done, and when did you pass it? Also has the new meds been passed?

I'm really hoping we see progress this month. They've been quiet since I submitted the schedule 4 although I've seen a couple of GUs since then.
The year is looking great already...thank you.

Got my first meds done 19th Feb, 2020 and passed on the 3rd of March. However, according to GCMS notes, it's billed to expire on the 19th Feb 2021.

The new meds was passed yesterday. I submitted Schedule 4 too on the 17th of Nov 2020. Sent a mail to Hong Kong and Accra on the 18th of Dec enquiring about my app status. HK responded on the 24th and asked me to await further instructions. Shortly after, I got the remed request.

Now waiting for the final approval.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
The year is looking great already...thank you.

Got my first meds done 19th Feb, 2020 and passed on the 3rd of March. However, according to GCMS notes, it's billed to expire on the 19th Feb 2021.

The new meds was passed yesterday. I submitted Schedule 4 too on the 17th of Nov 2020. Sent a mail to Hong Kong and Accra on the 18th of Dec enquiring about my app status. HK responded on the 24th and asked me to await further instructions. Shortly after, I got the remed request.

Now waiting for the final approval.
Oh! I see. Is Hong-Kong your primary VO? Why did you send them an email?

Mysterydee

Dec 14, 2019
I am also Alberta, submitted my passport December 19.. Hopefully it comes out soon because i need my passport for some official travel.
I’m in the same shoes. Submitted 24th December, vfs submitted 29th. I’m hoping it comes out at the end of the month. I have a trip February 12th

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Oh! I see. Is Hong-Kong your primary VO? Why did you send them an email?
No...Accra is still primary VO while Hong Kong is Secondary office now.
Used to be CIO but most files in Accra were moved to HK sometime in Oct 2020 for further processing.

From my last GCMS notes in Nov, my file was moved to HK Oct 14th.

People have been sending them emails and getting real time updates. It seems they process and approve and Accra issues PPR.

Reactions: Mike@2019

GW007

May 22, 2020
No...Accra is still primary VO while Hong Kong is Secondary office now.
Used to be CIO but most files in Accra were moved to HK sometime in Oct 2020 for further processing.

From my last GCMS notes in Nov, my file was moved to HK Oct 14th.

People have been sending them emails and getting real time updates. It seems they process and approve and Accra issues PPR.
@Joenelly, which email address did you use for Hong Kong VO?