Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Good day house,
Please for those who have gone through the dorm account route for
Thanks processing and rprf fees payment, what is the exchange rate for US to CAD dollar used by the bank? Will 900 US dollars be sufficient for the 1040 CAD processing fee inclusive of bank charges?
Thanks

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Please your advice is needed.

I'm the PA but my spouse transferred the POF as a bulk sum to my account post ITA. What other document should i submit apart from my bank statement and bank's ref letter?

tonnicity

Feb 1, 2017
Hello all, am new to this forum and have a pressing question giving headache, would be grateful for some insight.
I submitted my first E-Apr in Dec 2016 but it was rejected due to incomplete documents (missing Medicals). Thankfully we were able to recreate another profile, got ITA and in the process of uploading documents. However because of previous experience, Hubby is going through everything with a fine toothcomb and we are stuck with uploading pictures cos cant seem to get the correct specification done (crown to chin dimension) .
I dont think it's a problem but hubby insist we are not submitting until we get it right.
Please help me out, What software do I use to edit the photos cos i wish we could submit asap.
Thanks

teewhy709

May 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
05-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
tonnicity said:
Hello all, am new to this forum and have a pressing question giving headache, would be grateful for some insight.
I submitted my first E-Apr in Dec 2016 but it was rejected due to incomplete documents (missing Medicals). Thankfully we were able to recreate another profile, got ITA and in the process of uploading documents. However because of previous experience, Hubby is going through everything with a fine toothcomb and we are stuck with uploading pictures cos cant seem to get the correct specification done (crown to chin dimension) .
I dont think it's a problem but hubby insist we are not submitting until we get it right.
Please help me out, What software do I use to edit the photos cos i wish we could submit asap.
Thanks
Hi Tonnicity,

use this website to measure
https://www.123passportphoto.com/

Before using this website, take a picture where there is some space both on top of your head and beside your shoulder. (White Background). This part is important as you will not get the actually spec without doing this.

After doing this, then use the link above to get the actual specification by IRCC.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Tell hobby to be calm, they won't reject because of passport photo. However, I understand his concerns.

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slowlybtsurely said:
Please your advice is needed.

I'm the PA but my spouse transferred the POF as a bulk sum to my account post ITA. What other document should i submit apart from my bank statement and bank's ref letter?
There was no need for your spouse to transfer the money. You should have used His/her account that way.
Now your spouse will need to write a self declaration, stating the monies transfered from his/her account to yours are to be used for settlement purposes with no objection whatsoever. In this letter mwntion the bank account number the fund was transferred from and the amount that was transferred. Also attach your spouse bank statement showing the transfer.
Hope this helps!

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
naija-kanadian said:
Good day house,
Please for those who have gone through the dorm account route for
Thanks processing and rprf fees payment, what is the exchange rate for US to CAD dollar used by the bank? Will 900 US dollars be sufficient for the 1040 CAD processing fee inclusive of bank charges?
Thanks

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Aroms said:
Hello House.

Thank you all for your patient, I know many of you are wondering where is Aroms? LOL.... As promised below is my landing experience .

Our landing formalities was quite easy except for the queue because we have other airline that arrived almost the same time with us. We left Naija Jan 17th and landed at Toronto airport about 7pm the next day and proceeded to the Passport control and visa check (allot of queue). We then moved to immigration and this is where everybody needs to be sharp and alert because this is where they will check your COPR and ask about landing funds and maybe POF. I was ask if we have up to $10k or how much cash with us and I declared the amount with us just $800, no question of POF arose. I wasn't asked about POF but I had prepared for that by getting a copy of original bank statement from my bank before I left Naija. I advise you do same and get your statement or recent original fixed deposit certificate handy. Better to be stressed now but prepared than to be deported. A word is enough please.... You will be given a form in the plane, please complete the form with your Canada address. About 8:30pm we're done with the immigration and proceed to the Welcome To Canada stand, we couldn't do the SIN registration etc, because of our connecting flight to Saskatoon.

Next is baggage claim then customs. We had prepared our goods accompanying list, we don't have goods to follow list but the guy attending to us was not interested in goods accompanying. From here, we step out into Arrivals and Canada! ! Ensure you have your hosts phone numbers and full house address and that they know when exactly your flight is landing, Canada time. we arrived Air Canada and we're told we missed our flight to Saskatoon, they booked us for free for the next day 8:5am flight, we stayed at the airport because of our excess luggage's x 8, we arrived about 11am Saskatoon time, we completed our SIN reg. etc the following day at the Service Canada it was easy and stress free.

My accommodations arrangements goes like this. A friend was leaving here in Saskatoon, he was planning to move out to Regina because of his work, I asked him to retain the place for me in his name, sometimes getting a house outside Canada can be difficult sometimes and I'm coming with a family of four (4), beside the apartment is lovely around the Pinehouse drive. Yesterday we met the landlord and the apartment document is now in our name.

With various registrations out of the way, you now face accommodation and the almighty job search. We have couple of jobs interviews already, our kids have started school as well. Husbands, love thy wives and wives love thy husband because you're going to need each other now. for couples, most likely one person will actively seek work while the other will stay back to care for the home. If there are no kids, then you can both plunge into the job market. If you are single then you can hit the ground running.

Sorry to bother with the long gist. All in all, Canada is a beautiful place and the people are kind, willing to help and assist. I wish you the best ahead. God bless.
Congrats Aroms on your successful landing. Your new home will bring you joy peace and laughter!

Reactions: shawtyzai

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonnicity said:
Thanks
Print out the photo specification take it to a professional photographer and ask them to ensure that they align to the spec. Dont worry yourself

tonnicity

Feb 1, 2017
Managerchap said:
Print out the photo specification take it to a professional photographer and ask them to ensure that they align to the spec. Dont worry yourself
Thanks Managerchap, am working on it and hope to complete all documents upload today. I can see from your timeline that you had oinp nomination same as me, but mine in Dec. Wish u all the best and a speedy PPR

GhanaianIndian

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
EE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-17
Med's Done....
01-03-17
Got eAOR yesterday. And now the wait begins

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonnicity said:
Thanks Managerchap, am working on it and hope to complete all documents upload today. I can see from your timeline that you had oinp nomination same as me, but mine in Dec. Wish u all the best and a speedy PPR
Thanks wish you the same. :)

damijay

Jan 29, 2016
Aroms said:
Hello House.

Thank you all for your patient, I know many of you are wondering where is Aroms? LOL.... As promised below is my landing experience .

Our landing formalities was quite easy except for the queue because we have other airline that arrived almost the same time with us. We left Naija Jan 17th and landed at Toronto airport about 7pm the next day and proceeded to the Passport control and visa check (allot of queue). We then moved to immigration and this is where everybody needs to be sharp and alert because this is where they will check your COPR and ask about landing funds and maybe POF. I was ask if we have up to $10k or how much cash with us and I declared the amount with us just $800, no question of POF arose. I wasn't asked about POF but I had prepared for that by getting a copy of original bank statement from my bank before I left Naija. I advise you do same and get your statement or recent original fixed deposit certificate handy. Better to be stressed now but prepared than to be deported. A word is enough please.... You will be given a form in the plane, please complete the form with your Canada address. About 8:30pm we're done with the immigration and proceed to the Welcome To Canada stand, we couldn't do the SIN registration etc, because of our connecting flight to Saskatoon.

Next is baggage claim then customs. We had prepared our goods accompanying list, we don't have goods to follow list but the guy attending to us was not interested in goods accompanying. From here, we step out into Arrivals and Canada! ! Ensure you have your hosts phone numbers and full house address and that they know when exactly your flight is landing, Canada time. we arrived Air Canada and we're told we missed our flight to Saskatoon, they booked us for free for the next day 8:5am flight, we stayed at the airport because of our excess luggage's x 8, we arrived about 11am Saskatoon time, we completed our SIN reg. etc the following day at the Service Canada it was easy and stress free.

My accommodations arrangements goes like this. A friend was leaving here in Saskatoon, he was planning to move out to Regina because of his work, I asked him to retain the place for me in his name, sometimes getting a house outside Canada can be difficult sometimes and I'm coming with a family of four (4), beside the apartment is lovely around the Pinehouse drive. Yesterday we met the landlord and the apartment document is now in our name.

With various registrations out of the way, you now face accommodation and the almighty job search. We have couple of jobs interviews already, our kids have started school as well. Husbands, love thy wives and wives love thy husband because you're going to need each other now. for couples, most likely one person will actively seek work while the other will stay back to care for the home. If there are no kids, then you can both plunge into the job market. If you are single then you can hit the ground running.

Sorry to bother with the long gist. All in all, Canada is a beautiful place and the people are kind, willing to help and assist. I wish you the best ahead. God bless.
Congrats of your Landing Aroms. Its also great to hear that you're settling in Well. We usually say "It will end in Praise", "It has ended in Praise". I Reckon the Praise is just starting for you and family. May the Favour, Goodness, Mercy and Grace of God continually abide and abound with you and family. Congrats once again. Happy new year.

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Been a Long wait but I Can finally say its PPR......11.02am....... today