+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hello guys,

I stumbled on this forum a few days ago & the tips I obtained here might have triggered the conclusion of my CoPR processing on Friday (Feb 16) following package delivery on Jan 29.

Subsequently, I contacted DHL to assist with retrieving the package from Accra which I hope to receive mid-week.

However, I observed that the new update in MyCIC account only bears details of my wife and myself with no mention of our kids.

Any idea why this is so?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Akhehicols, is the update "the Approval update". If it is, it is supposed to include the name of all dependents. I think you should send a mail to accra stating that you received an approval update but the names of your children are not mentioned.

Another important question, are your children american citizens? If they are, it is possible that their names will not be included. The counterfoil is for visas issued to residents that need a visa to enter Canada while COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) will be given to all of you.

Reactions: Akhehicols

Akhehicols

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Hi Akhehicols, is the update "the Approval update". If it is, it is supposed to include the name of all dependents. I think you should send a mail to accra stating that you received an approval update but the names of your children are not mentioned.

Another important question, are your children american citizens? If they are, it is possible that their names will not be included. The counterfoil is for visas issued to residents that need a visa to enter Canada while COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) will be given to all of you.
Thanks for the clarification, Yewwy.

Yes, they are American citizens.

LadyAy

Feb 9, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please how do i know my application has been approved. Do i get an email from CIC? Or i have to keep checking my CIC acccount

Folks..when an application shows as 'Approved' in CIC account, is it that passports have been stamped that same day?
My app has been approved since Jan 11 and still waiting for PUM. Previous mails to AVO have not been replied.

Akhehicols

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Hello everyone,
Please how do i know my application has been approved. Do i get an email from CIC? Or i have to keep checking my CIC acccount
Yes, you should get an email from CIC.

Thereafter, a PUM from Ghana would be sent to you as well (I just got my PUM 20 mins ago following CIC's email on Friday).

Akinoluwa

Mar 8, 2016
Your CIC account will not show children dependents under the age of 18.

Could you share the tips that triggered the CoPR processing?

Hello guys,

I stumbled on this forum a few days ago & the tips I obtained here might have triggered the conclusion of my CoPR processing on Friday (Feb 16) following package delivery on Jan 29.

Subsequently, I contacted DHL to assist with retrieving the package from Accra which I hope to receive mid-week.

However, I observed that the new update in MyCIC account only bears details of my wife and myself with no mention of our kids.

Any idea why this is so?

Thanks in advance.

Akinoluwa

Mar 8, 2016
You will get a message saying your account has been updated. This mail will be sent 24hours after your account has been updated. Usually if you have a message in your CIC account, you will get the message immediately in your personal email. But for updates, it's 24hours after. So you might want to check everyday.

Hello everyone,

Akhehicols

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Your CIC account will not show children dependents under the age of 18.

Could you share the tips that triggered the CoPR processing?
Well, my children are both below the age of 5 and their details have always reflected on MyCIC account with their UCIs.

However, for the update regarding CoPR, their names are not indicated. I guess Yewwy's response has addressed this.

As per tips, I sent a mail on Feb 13 to ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca enquiring about the status of my CoPR processing.

I received a message on Feb 16 saying MyCIC account had been updated which revealed effective date of the processing as Feb 15.

Then came the PUM from Accra yesterday Feb 19.

Reactions: LadyAy

canada-dream

Aug 5, 2017
Hi guys, for those that have gotten PUM and authorised DHL to pick up. Did you get a tracking number or passport was just delivered

MarWil

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys, for those that have gotten PUM and authorised DHL to pick up. Did you get a tracking number or passport was just delivered
You always get a tracking number... There is a waybill prepared for every transaction with them... Consequently you have a tracking number...
I was given a tracking number...

Akhehicols

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
I just received CoPR along with the stamped passports through DHL.

It all feels so surreal ...

Reactions: ok1960 and yewwy

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017

Hi Akhehicols congratulations, really excited for you.

Quick question, i got PUM on 19th February as well and authorised DHL to pick up on 20th. How were you informed that your document was ready and when did you authorize pick up from Accra? I am trying to estimate when we should receive our passports back.

Akhehicols

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Hi Akhehicols congratulations, really excited for you.

Quick question, i got PUM on 19th February as well and authorised DHL to pick up on 20th. How were you informed that your document was ready and when did you authorize pick up from Accra? I am trying to estimate when we should receive our passports back.
Thanks Yewwy.

I was informed via email [PUM] from Accra and authorized DHL to pick-up same day (Feb 19). However, from the tracker, the actual pick-up happened on the 20th and delivery 22nd (today).

So, if you are in Lagos/Nigeria, you should receive the package within the next 24 hours. But try obtain the tracking number as well. Good luck.

Reactions: yewwy

Jojo03ng

Feb 21, 2018
Congratulations our passport delivered on 31st January still awaiting approval mail. However, sent update request email on Tuesday. I pray just as God did it for you we too will receive ours and everyone waiting soon.

Akhehicols

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Congratulations our passport delivered on 31st January still awaiting approval mail. However, sent update request email on Tuesday. I pray just as God did it for you we too will receive ours and everyone waiting soon.
Sure, you will definitely get the PUM soon.

All the very best.