+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

mathguy

Jul 26, 2017
If it was requested then submit...wont cost you anything...there were no changes in my family composition too but I filled one out.
thanks. Please this IMM008 Form, is it the one included with the PPR letter or is there a link to download it?

provost

Feb 14, 2017
This is the message...Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 30/08/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
Now. This is where one is at a disadvantage using DHL. We both got approval same day but i'm yet to get a pick up mail while yours was dispatched immediately. Everyone talks about how fast DHL is but in essence it all depends on how soon you get that pick up mail from Accra.

My question to seniors here is:

Can I approach DHL to help retrieve my passports without a PUM? Because i can already see the details of my visa on mycic (since 30th Aug) but can't get Accra to issue me a PUM. I've already sent e-mails but no response

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Now. This is where one is at a disadvantage using DHL. We both got approval same day but i'm yet to get a pick up mail while yours was dispatched immediately. Everyone talks about how fast DHL is but in essence it all depends on how soon you get that pick up mail from Accra.
Please don't feel that way. DHL is a lot better than VFS. The only plus with VFS is that they update u with mails and u can also track to see d progress. But they are no where near DHL in being fast. The thing is that the holiday caused so much delays.

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017

Can I approach DHL to help retrieve my passports without a PUM? Because i can already see the details of my visa on mycic (since 30th Aug) but can't get Accra to issue me a PUM. I've already sent e-mails but no response
Please don't say that, DHL is a lot better than VFS. The only good thing with VFS is that they update with mails and u can as well track ur progress that's all. DHL is till the fastest and the best. The holidays really affected them in Accra, I believe so

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017

After they sent that dispatch mail on the 30TH, we went on holiday and after them I got another mail saying dispatched again on the 6th of September and yesterday another mail stating d courier partner that is bringing it to me. So u can see, it's a lot slower than DHL. All my friends that used Dhl only had to wait 2weeks or so. Please print out the evidence u have of ur visa being approved and go to d nearest Dhl office and show it to them. They just need evidence that it has been approved and I believe even without d pick up mail, they can help out with what u have.

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Please don't say that, DHL is a lot better than VFS. The only good thing with VFS is that they update with mails and u can as well track ur progress that's all. DHL is till the fastest and the best. The holidays really affected them in Accra, I believe so
Thanks D317. Just feel frustrated as most people usually get PUM a day or at most two days after Approval but mine is over a week now. Thanks! hopefully things change real soon

Reactions: D317

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017

The holiday is to be blamed. I believe t slowed down the process

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks D317. Just feel frustrated as most people usually get PUM a day or at most two days after Approval but mine is over a week now. Thanks! hopefully things change real soon[/QUOTE
They definitely will change, don't worry. The good thing is that ur flight hasn't been booked so be calm, u may likely get the mail after chatting now...trust God!

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks D317. Just feel frustrated as most people usually get PUM a day or at most two days after Approval but mine is over a week now. Thanks! hopefully things change real soon
They will definitely change. You will likely get the pick up mail after this chat, so be calm. It's frustrating no doubt but d good thing is dat flights haven't been booked yet, that would have put more pressure. Don't worry, it will come...trust God!

Reactions: provost

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Hi
Have you tried the webform? I was in the same situation. Mine was approved on the 30th of August but no pick up mail was sent. I sent emails but no response. Yesterday I decided to use the webform addressed to Accra. I got the pick up mail a while later
Hope you get it soon
P.S I might be wrong but I don't think DHL
will go for the passport without PUM

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Hi
Have you tried the webform? I was in the same situation. Mine was approved on the 30th of August but no pick up mail was sent. I sent emails but no response. Yesterday I decided to use the webform addressed to Accra. I got the pick up mail a while later
Hope you get it soon
P.S I might be wrong but I don't think DHL
will go for the passport without PUM
Thanks naija-kanadian. I've just sent a webform to Accra. You're right DHL insists only a PUM will work