+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appear in refugee hearing without Lawyer

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
can anybody tell me. If i appear in my hearing without lawyer is there will be any problem or it is fine if i appear in hearing without lawyer.
I dont have enough money to pay for lawyer so i decided to represent in hearing by my self.
Please guide me

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
You can get a lawyer from legal aid . Google lawyers who accept legal aid .

Better present by lawyer

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
You can get a lawyer from legal aid . Google lawyers who accept legal aid .

Better present by lawyer
Legal aid refused to provide lawyer for hearing they only provided me lawyer for BOC. Today i received letter from lawyer that legal aid refused to provide me lawyer because of my financial situation.
I dont have money i dont know why they refused

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Looks like you have no idea about the hearning! End of the hearing jugde ask the laywer for his oral/written submission which has a big influence on final decision! End of the hearing laywer also clarify the things which u were unable to clarify to judge so Without laywer who gonna do this for u? Contact with legal aid and try to solve the issue.or work hard and pay the fees by urself.most of the laywer agree to work on monthly installment.

Last edited:
Reactions: gavendano

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Looks like you have no idea about the hearning! After the hearing jugde ask the laywer for his oral/written submission which has a big influence on final decision! End of the hearing laywer also clarify the things which u were unable to clarify to judge so Without laywer who gonna do this for u? Contact with legal aid and try to solve the issue.or work hard and pay the fees by urself.most of the laywer agree to work on monthly installment.
Brother i talked to the legal aid they said you have no rights for appeal.
If my story is truth every thing is real that i can prove to the judge still i need lawyer.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
If my story is truth every thing is real that i can prove to the judge still i need lawyer.
Don't take the risk! If u get rejected on first hearing then for appeal procedures may have to spend more money

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
What do you mean by “IF MY STORY IS REAL?” Do you think anybody can get refugee status by committing fraud? You have to prove everything you say’d on your BOC by submitting evidence. Nobody can be successful by submitting false case. Remember the JUDGE who decide whether ur case is accepted or rejected, they r fully trained to identify the false/fake/fraud documents just have single look at them.

Anyway if you r confident about your case that you can go to the hearing and win it by yourself, then go for it.

I don’t knw why the legal aid refuse to pay the lawyer?!! You must declared the amount of money you have when you enter Canada or when you submitting your refugee claim, or when you call the legal aid first time,thats why they know you have enough money to pay the lawyer.

Anyway my recommendation is “GET A GOOD LAWYER “ ..!!

Good luck.!!

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
What do you mean by “IF MY STORY IS REAL?” Do you think anybody can get refugee status by committing fraud? You have to prove everything you say’d on your BOC by submitting evidence. Nobody can be successful by submitting false case. Remember the JUDGE who decide whether ur case is accepted or rejected, they r fully trained to identify the false/fake/fraud documents just have single look at them.

Anyway if you r confident about your case that you can go to the hearing and win it by yourself, then go for it.

I don’t knw why the legal aid refuse to pay the lawyer?!! You must declared the amount of money you have when you enter Canada or when you submitting your refugee claim, or when you call the legal aid first time,thats why they know you have enough money to pay the lawyer.

Good luck.!!
Legal aid doesn’t have infinite budget.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The OP has already indicated that legal aid has indicated he doesn’t have solid grounds for an appeal. They have either decided it’s a waste of resources or the fact there is no right of appeal, providing legal council is pointless.

I’m far more intrigued that legal aid would mention that. Curious how they came to that decision.

Lord77

Nov 18, 2017
You have option of writing a re-consideration letter to the legal aid,demonstrate your financial situation,it happens to me once and they are able to assist me.goodluck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the demand they may be limiting what services they cover and who they represent. I believe they ran out of money so the federal government gave the some more so refugees would still have had access to legal aid. I think BC legal aid is on their 2nd request for more money.

Hassan_sardar33

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017

Good luck.!!
Brother i mean that i can prove each n every thing because my story is real. Each n every thing i can explain to the judge with evidences. But its better to hire lawyer but i am not able to pay lawyer fees.
Legal aid accepted my case but after few days they reject
I can prove each n every thing that i dont have enough amout to pay for lawyer. But they said you are non resident thats why you have no right to appeal.