08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Do it as soon as possible....takes a min of 6months to get approved for P.Eng
Thank you. So when exactly should I start? After ITA or now itself? Like Ontario, I haven't seen any discount if you apply after becoming PR. I'm planning to go for Alberta because it's requirements seem simpler than PEO, but I could be wrong. Please advise if it's worth it.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Thank you. So when exactly should I start? After ITA or now itself? Like Ontario, I haven't seen any discount if you apply after becoming PR. I'm planning to go for Alberta because it's requirements seem simpler than PEO, but I could be wrong. Please advise if it's worth it.
From what I have gathered online, PEO will assign few exams for international engineers (without Canadian bachelors). So it is better to apply to APEGS or APEGA. Both will require WES ICAP report. Depending on your CRS score, if you are confident you will get an invitation, I will say that you should apply now.... APEGA P.Eng min. processing time is 6-12months (depending on your profile, you can apply directly for P.Eng and skip EIT). APEGS EIT (cannot skip EIT step) is 1year unless you have PE from USA or other countries, then it would be 1-2months.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
From what I have gathered online, PEO will assign few exams for international engineers (without Canadian bachelors). So it is better to apply to APEGS or APEGA. Both will require WES ICAP report. Depending on your CRS score, if you are confident you will get an invitation, I will say that you should apply now.... APEGA P.Eng min. processing time is 6-12months (depending on your profile, you can apply directly for P.Eng and skip EIT). APEGS EIT (cannot skip EIT step) is 1year unless you have PE from USA or other countries, then it would be 1-2months.
Thank you. This has answered all my questions. Some more, if you don't mind answering...

1. Why is it then, that many people prefer going via PEO? Apart from the fee waiver, is there any other benefit, other than people choosing it because they feel most jobs will be in Toronto?

2. I just skimmed through the requirements needed for P.Eng and it looks like they only need my WES ICAP. Any other major thing I'd need to look out for other than this?

3. Right now my ECA evaluation is going on and I'd like to convert it to ICAP after AoR. I don't want IRCC to run my ECA through their system only to show that it's in progress at the moment. So how long to wait before I turn my ECA to ICAP?

Thanks immensely for your help!!

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Thank you. This has answered all my questions. Some more, if you don't mind answering...

1. Why is it then, that many people prefer going via PEO? Apart from the fee waiver, is there any other benefit, other than people choosing it because they feel most jobs will be in Toronto?

2. I just skimmed through the requirements needed for P.Eng and it looks like they only need my WES ICAP. Any other major thing I'd need to look out for other than this?

3. Right now my ECA evaluation is going on and I'd like to convert it to ICAP after AoR. I don't want IRCC to run my ECA through their system only to show that it's in progress at the moment. So how long to wait before I turn my ECA to ICAP?

Thanks immensely for your help!!
Are you planning to apply to APEGA or APEGS? How many years of acceptable work experience?

1. PEO processing is fast compared to APEGS or APEGA. Also, like you mentioned the applications fees are waived for new immigrants.

2. For APEGA, TOEFL scores needed if your are applying from Non-English speaking country...I used my TOEFL report from 12 years back. Same for APEGS. Also needed for APEGS is self assessment and other documents

3. My ECA and ICAP report numbers are different

Reactions: nomad26 and tobs

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Are you planning to apply to APEGA or APEGS? How many years of acceptable work experience? I'm thinking of APEGA but still doing my research. I have a Master's Degree and about 7.5+ years post graduate work experience.

1. PEO processing is fast compared to APEGS or APEGA. Also, like you mentioned the applications fees are waived for new immigrants. Yes but I think it's quite difficult to directly get P.Eng, as you'll be assigned confirmatory exams for sure. I know Alberta also can assign, but if I have a direct shot at P.Eng with 1/2 exams I'll take it. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Right now I have the luxury of time on my side, and I definitely don't intend to wait 6-8 months and then apply for licensure. The idea is to at least be closer to receiving the license by the time I get PR.

2. For APEGA, TOEFL scores needed if your are applying from Non-English speaking country...I used my TOEFL report from 12 years back. Same for APEGS. Also needed for APEGS is self assessment and other documents. I'm applying for APEGA, and it does not ask me for TOEFL or IELTS score. All it asks is for my academic qualifications and work experience. It says I'm eligible for license. Are we looking at the same thing?

3. My ECA and ICAP report numbers are different. This makes sense. So if I upgrade my ECA to ICAP, I won't have to worry about IRCC seeing that my ECA is in progress or withdrawn. Thanks for this.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
1. Have you ever given FE exam? If so, APEGA will not assign confirmatory exam. However they will give you provisional license which is equivalent to EIT until you earn 1year of Canadian work experience.

For APEGS, you can use your masters degree or 7+ years of work experience to waive confirmatory exams. APEGS will accept US work experience and considers equivalent to Canadian work experience.

2. APEGA online application does ask for TOEFL or other acceptable documents for English language competency. You can even write an essay/letter to prove your English language abilities.

APEGS online application requires the same. If you have any education from US or other English speaking countries, you won’t need to give English language tests like TOEFL or IELTS (academic).

Reactions: nomad26 and tobs

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
1. Have you ever given FE exam? If so, APEGA will not assign confirmatory exam. However they will give you provisional license which is equivalent to EIT until you earn 1year of Canadian work experience.

For APEGS, you can use your masters degree or 7+ years of work experience to waive confirmatory exams. APEGS will accept US work experience and considers equivalent to Canadian work experience.

2. APEGA online application does ask for TOEFL or other acceptable documents for English language competency. You can even write an essay/letter to prove your English language abilities.

APEGS online application requires the same. If you have any education from US or other English speaking countries, you won’t need to give English language tests like TOEFL or IELTS (academic).
Pardon, but what is FE exam? I have done my IELTS GT. Will that hold valid?

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Pardon, but what is FE exam? I have done my IELTS GT. Will that hold valid?
FE is Fundamentals of Engineering Test. This is the test that is used in USA for EIT. It is also available outside USA in select countries.

IELTS General rest is not valid for APEGS. However you can appeal the IELTS or TOEFL test requirement with APEGS by writing an essay or letter demonstrating your English capabilities.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
FE is Fundamentals of Engineering Test. This is the test that is used in USA for EIT. It is also available outside USA in select countries.

IELTS General rest is not valid for APEGS. However you can appeal the IELTS or TOEFL test requirement with APEGS by writing an essay or letter demonstrating your English capabilities.
APEGS English Languge competency requirements:
http://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Sites-Management/FileDownload/DataDownload/1191/Reg7.0_Eng_Comp_Website_Jan2014/pdf/1/1033

APEGA English Language competency requirements:
https://www.apega.ca/apply/professional-member/english-competency/

Dodomantu

Feb 24, 2018
Hi Guys, The EIT Application doesn't take that long, it took my application 2 and half weeks and it was approved. I don't know what happened but I guess I was just a little lucky. Also as a rule of thumb now, most provinces will certainly prefer you start as an EIT before applying for PENG and u need some experience within the country and then u can apply for PENG, before u could apply directly for PENG if u have some experience but everything has changed this days. So wishing all you gentle men and ladies the best in your application,.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys, The EIT Application doesn't take that long, it took my application 2 and half weeks and it was approved. I don't know what happened but I guess I was just a little lucky. Also as a rule of thumb now, most provinces will certainly prefer you start as an EIT before applying for PENG and u need some experience within the country and then u can apply for PENG, before u could apply directly for PENG if u have some experience but everything has changed this days. So wishing all you gentle men and ladies the best in your application,.
Did you do your bachelors in Canada? Or have a professional license from other country??

At the start

Feb 2, 2018

You have did that one can use masters degree to waive examination?

I have done both bachelors and masters form India, can I waive the exam?

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
You have did that one can use masters degree to waive examination?

I have done both bachelors and masters form India, can I waive the exam?
I do have a masters degree but since I have PE license from US, my EIT application did not require academic assessment and hence did not need to request a waiver.

But since you have a masters degree, you may be able to get a waiver. Not sure what the complete procedure is but you can read about it on the website:

http://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Pages/International-Engineering-Graduates

arif_9880

Feb 22, 2018
Bangladesh
Greetings!
I am confused about one thing is, if I can get any point for EIT certificate from APEGS in federal express entry system (under section 7: Certification of Qualification from a Canadian Province, territory or Federal body)?

Apr 17, 2018
Hi,
i have some queries , clarification highly appreciated.as i want to apply for APEGS.
1) Do Apegs is sufficient for all PNPs or individual provincies require their own licensure ?
2) WES received my transcripts on 04th april 2018 and here Evaluation in progress as Document-by-Document, do i require to mail them now itself to evaluate Course-by-course ?
3) what if WES evaluates Document-by-Document(if report already received), what is the next step.do we required to again send transcripts ? also payment ?