Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
I hope you:

1) Get the PR card in less than 6 months
2) Otherwise, the host let you extend your stay until you get the card (someone in this forum said not receive the card over 6 months).
I actually received my PR card in less than a month.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi,

I've recently gotten my copr and I'm planning to land sometime in the fall. My plan is to stay in an airbnb for the first couple of months. Eventually, I'd like to rent an apartment.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I saw a list of websites like Kijiji. ca and viewit.ca to search for apartments. Can anyone point me to a reliable website or to a post on this forum on how to deal with renting as a newcomer? Like what if I don't find employment yet, will my bank statements be sufficient? I have seen posts here that income + credit history + references are required but no one has mentioned what to do in case some of these are not applicable.

Are websites like rentals for newcomers reliable for the Ellis apartments? Are there any other rental websites that are geared to newcomers who might not have the income + credit history yet?

If anyone can link me to a website or to a post on this forum addressing this matter, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks a lot.
Hi! I currently am renting and the person who owns the house put it on the market Wednesday... had someone look at it yesterday, and sold it last night. Needless to say, I'm panicking pretty badly right now. I still have between 30 days up to 3 months to find a new place and get out, but I'm having a problem FINDING the new place. I've tried Craigslist, and there seems to be quite a few bogus ads on there. I have recieved shady responses to several ads ("we're currently overseas but..." or "please send your credit report first k thanks bye") and I'm rather worried. How do I find a house to rent? Should I just drive around looking for "for rent" signs in windows? Are there any websites for home owners, or landlords to advertise houses for rent? I'm not looking for an apartment in an apartment building- that's my absolute last resort. I've found alot of apartment building rental sites, but nothing more. Please help! I'm getting frantic.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi! I currently am renting and the person who owns the house put it on the market Wednesday... had someone look at it yesterday, and sold it last night. Needless to say, I'm panicking pretty badly right now. I still have between 30 days up to 3 months to find a new place and get out, but I'm having a problem FINDING the new place. I've tried Craigslist, and there seems to be quite a few bogus ads on there. I have recieved shady responses to several ads ("we're currently overseas but..." or "please send your credit report first k thanks bye") and I'm rather worried. How do I find a house to rent? Should I just drive around looking for "for rent" signs in windows? Are there any websites for home owners, or landlords to advertise houses for rent? I'm not looking for an apartment in an apartment building- that's my absolute last resort. I've found alot of apartment building rental sites, but nothing more. Please help! I'm getting frantic.
I got this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Partially depends on where you are located in Canada and what city (rural or urban centre also makes a difference). Your budget also makes a difference. More higher end rentals are listed with real estate agents.

Turandot1984

Mar 28, 2024
Have you tried checking out websites that specifically list homes for rent by landlords or property owners? That might be a more reliable option. Also, driving around to look for "for rent" signs could be worth a shot! If you're open to exploring options beyond apartment buildings, you might find some listings for houses or other types of rentals. Best of luck with your search! By the way, if you're looking for options in Central London, you might want to consider checking out central london apartments—they could have some listings that suit your preferences.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you tried checking out websites that specifically list homes for rent by landlords or property owners? That might be a more reliable option. Also, driving around to look for "for rent" signs could be worth a shot! If you're open to exploring options beyond apartment buildings, you might find some listings for houses or other types of rentals. Best of luck with your search! By the way, if you're looking for options in Central London, you might want to consider checking out central london apartments—they could have some listings that suit your preferences.
As in Central London, Ontario? Why not downtown Toronto?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

……my brother in Christ …

“ Central London?”

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The scams are all over the places so you have to be careful about that.
Booking AirBNB for few months is good idea that way you can build your credit score and visit apartments physically.
In my experience check Facebook marketplace and efforttrust website for apartment renting. There are less chances of scam in these.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Stupid spam post