+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR received in Jan 2019 , multiple PPRs but no COPR, no visa stamps

moelga

Jan 19, 2020
Nice People,

Looking for some help here. My express entry case got complicated and I am not sure how to move forward.

Here is the timeline summarizing the situation (All of this happened while I am residing in US):
  • Jan 2019 : I got my Acknowledgment of Receipt
  • Feb 2019: Medical Passed
  • Dec 4th 2019 : Passport Request received
  • Dec 23rd 2019: COPR received
    [On Dec 27 2019, we had a new born in the US. We were required to add her to the application. We submit information update]
  • Jan 2020: IRCC Agent emails us asking to mail back COPR and Passports to void the COPR and the visas, and also send new born documents to re-process
  • Feb 2020: Request for completing updated family info form. Later we got email confirmation our newborn was added
  • March 6th: Received another Passport Request
    [We mail the passports, and wait for visa and COPR]
  • June 2020: We receive back our passports but without any Visa stamps or COPR
  • Now: Application status shows in progress. We try to communicate with the officers but their response always says 'rest assured your application is in progress and we will let you know when a decision is made'

I am currently residing in US on temporary work visa (L1) and it s about to expire and have no place to go back to. The situation is becoming difficult. I requested GCMS notes and is waiting now but not sure how long it will take

Anyone here has a similar experience or can share any advice? Is this something I can have a lawyer help me with?

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
For the Canada side, use soft methods like writing to an MP. Canada has done nothing wrong (so dont hire a lawyer) - they are just following due process and are having delays with immigration in general. So its less about legal steps to force change - its more about finding an effective way to remind them that will not penalise you. Write to the MP of where you are moving to, explain the delay, and ask them to look into it for you. They will.

On the US side, explore an extension to that work permit for compassionate reasons. Go to your employer and beg for an extension. If not, figure out how to legally remain for at least half a year (a visitor visa for example) under the guise of travelling around and seeing the country - that is, if you have enough savings to make that work.

Good luck.

Reactions: moelga

moelga

Jan 19, 2020
For the Canada side, use soft methods like writing to an MP. Canada has done nothing wrong (so dont hire a lawyer) - they are just following due process and are having delays with immigration in general. So its less about legal steps to force change - its more about finding an effective way to remind them that will not penalise you. Write to the MP of where you are moving to, explain the delay, and ask them to look into it for you. They will.

On the US side, explore an extension to that work permit for compassionate reasons. Go to your employer and beg for an extension. If not, figure out how to legally remain for at least half a year (a visitor visa for example) under the guise of travelling around and seeing the country - that is, if you have enough savings to make that work.

Good luck.
Thank you very much! Can you tell me how to write my case to an MP?
Would they respond to someone from outside Canada? (I have brothers are in canada, not sure if that would help).

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Thank you very much! Can you tell me how to write my case to an MP?
Would they respond to someone from outside Canada? (I have brothers are in canada, not sure if that would help).
That would vertainly help for your brothers to do it,

Its a simple letter with your name, IRCC identifiers, DOB, application date. First para ask the MP to write to IRCC on your behalf because you are a future resident of his/her constituency. Para 2 list out your identifiers,

Good luck!

SC

Reactions: moelga