Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
As an encouragement to those who are still waiting.

I started the process in late 2014 when applicants would do manual applications. My application was refused and sent back in April 2015; reason: NOC Cap Limit (NOC 1112)…In the refusal letter, I was asked to apply afresh through the new EE process. At that time, I was having some difficulties in my marriage and therefore I didn’t have the motivation to apply again through EE – I only applied for Canadian PR for my family; my wife and 2 kids. With the marital stress, I didn’t have the motivation.

As a background, and just to show you how this process has been stressful to me. In September 2014; I had travelled to a City in the US South Coast to take the IELTS test. While I was there, my wife tried to reach me but my phone was off. She called the hotel seeking to be connected to my room – I had given her the room number. Some American woman who picked the ‘reception’ call told her that the person she was trying to reach was not in the room – and that he was out for dinner with his girlfriend. To this day, I have never understood why anyone would say that – this was entirely untrue. So my wife picked up that I had travelled with another girl. She didn’t tell me what she had been told until I got back home. When I travelled back home, I found her and the kids waiting for me at the airport. I came to know later that she was only there to see the lady I had travelled with (she believed what she had been told). According to her, when I walked out of the airport, there was a woman behind me – to this day, she claims that, that woman was the ‘girlfriend’ she had been told of. And so, I get accused of cheating just because of an ‘unknown’ individual who probably enjoys home-wrecking by giving false information. It hurts every day. I have, over and over, tried to talk my wife through it but my talks have been futile.

In August 2015, I saw how my wife was disturbed for being jobless for about 3yrs. Note: we had been living in a jurisdiction where residents come first in getting employed. A foreigner needs something extra – a qualification/education that residents don’t have. It turns out that my wife’s qualifications are similar to what locals have. For that reason she was not able to secure a job. I knew she would be able to get a job as a PR of Canada. So, I drew some motivation to apply for PR thru EE. But there was a problem – alone, I would meet the then cut-off points: 458. With my family, I could only do 417…so I had to go the long route of ‘Provincial Nomination’ or apply alone and then include my family when I get to Canada. I weighed the options and said to myself ‘If I am doing it for my family, why not go the family-way, regardless of how long it takes’. So I went for Ontario Provincial Nomination. At that point, I didn’t have enough cash for a family of 4 in my account. I had to borrow some cash from my friends – which was in some way embarrassing. I submitted my Ontario Nomination application on 15 Oct 2015, got nominated 6 months later on 1st April 2016.

I later on applied with CIC in June (2months later), as we had to gather police certificates and do medicals (which is very costly for a family of 4 in the US). My AOR was 23 June. Sometime in April 2016 though, my wife’s US Visa was cancelled at the port of entry – she was asked to reapply for a Visa afresh but the new application was refused on the basis that our kids have been born in the US. The ladies at the airport claimed that she was planning to get another child in the US. But the heart of the matter was that they had seen US govt. medical card insurance in her handbag. She had obtained this card unknowingly and had not used it even once. This turned out to be a huge reason for her refusal to enter the US. When this happened, I panicked and thought of removing her from my application just in case, we get refused a Canadian PR because of it. Remember I had not submitted my application with CIC and so I could do it. After lengthy thoughts within me, I remembered that my decision to apply for Canadian PR was for the benefit of my wife and kids… I decided to apply and disclose all details of her refusal to enter the US and the refusal for a Visa. It was either we get refused or not. In September 2016, I applied for GCMS notes – from the notes, I noted that her name had been flagged as a match in the US database. I however didn’t panic at all and just hoped for the best. When 6 months (since AOR) expired, I wrote to NY office. 2 weeks later, my background went to ‘In progresses (this had not happened before). 3 weeks later, I got the PPR request.

I have not mentioned that we still have some marital problems. The incidence in 2014 was not the first time my wife had accused me of infidelity. She has on other occasions – the difference is that with the 2014 case, she believes she is right. Sometimes, I think she wants it like that just to torment my mind – she knows she’s the only girl I have ever dated – we met in College when I was 20; she was 18. We dated for 7yrs and have been married for 5yrs…. It’s been difficult – she’s has always been wrong in her claims. Something that caused me to start doubting her – I started thinking she may be a cheater and so believes I do cheat. Since my graduation, I have been in a jobs where I travel a lot, so I may not know what she has been doing in my absences – but I always trusted her until I found out (in early 2016) she had tapped my phone calls and my computer just to see whom I talk to. Which I feel it’s extreme because during the years of our relationship, she has always had access to my phone, and never has never seen anything extra-ordinary… we have been living miles separately since mid-2016. She is with the kids. The stress of being alone and the marriage-problems has had been sick two times. So many things have happened since I did my IELTS test for Canadian PR.

And while it may be a bitter-sweet ending (with PPR request), when I told her of the PPR request, my wife told me she’s not gonna send her’s and the kids’ passports - that I can move to Canada alone and file for the kids when they are big. It took some convincing for her to agree to send the passports. I know, what you are thinking (esp if you are a guy); I just don’t have it in me – to move on. She is the love of my life and has been my closest friend in life. And our kids mean everything to me…

There is a lot to be done in my marriage – I am however afraid she will forever continue to falsely accuse me of infidelity. It hurts when one knows they have not done it. Sometimes one thinks, maybe I should do it and that way I don’t have to hurt when she says it…but again, that’s not me and I really don’t have it in me…

SO, I drink today… TO CANADA – Hoping for a better life for my family…

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Cofca said:
Hi guys,

For those who have been asked to submit Passports and have done so already; were you required to pay the 'PR Visa appliocation fee'.

I am required to send my, my wife's and kids passport to NY Visa Office. In our normal tourist visa applications, we would send passports to VAC (pay fee of $36) to them and then pay $100 on our online Visa application.

Let me know how you did it..
Thanks,
Well, doesn't sound right to me. All you have to pay is for VFS to transmit the PP to consulate and back and I'm sure that fee is but called "PR visa application fee".

This is what it is called (from VFS India website) -

Secure transmission of passport to the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi or Consulate General of Canada , Chandigarh i upon request by visa office (for example, electronic application) - Price per Passport - 12.07 CAD
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/Service_and_Service_Charge.html

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
f_shabbir said:
I just received the golden email. To be honest I didn't follow my timeline much closely in detail.
My AOR was 3rd June and after 6 months time, I was told that security is taking longer.
So glad that it's done, such a peace of mind.
Congratulations Shabbir !!!

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, doesn't sound right to me. All you have to pay is for VFS to transmit the PP to consulate and back and I'm sure that fee is but called "PR visa application fee".

This is what it is called (from VFS India website) -

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/Service_and_Service_Charge.html
Thanks Raj...I get it now!!!

f_shabbir

Nov 5, 2016
coder101 said:
Congrats Shabbir! If you don't mind me asking, what is your current country of citizenship?
Thank you everyone and all the best to those who are still waiting.

My country of citizenship is Pakistan.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Cofca said:
As an encouragement to those who are still waiting.

.......There is a lot to be done in my marriage – I am however afraid she will forever continue to falsely accuse me of infidelity. It hurts when one knows they have not done it. Sometimes one thinks, maybe I should do it and that way I don’t have to hurt when she says it…but again, that’s not me and I really don’t have it in me…

SO, I drink today… TO CANADA – Hoping for a better life for my family…
Your sincerity to your marriage and patience will pay off. Now that you got what you struggled for.....only keep positive thoughts from now on. Assure your wife with both words & actions your sincerity and ask her what is it that you do that cause her to doubt, then address it. Stay away from assumptions as it spoils the marriage. You may already be doing this. Your journey is very inspiring. However, also remember that some people struggle so much more and still not always get success. So gratitude is the key and see more positive changes coming. The best thing you did is to apply for your whole family even though it looked difficult. My advise to everyone: stick together in your journey, don't divide your family in these applications as once divided it takes forever to reunite. My immigration journey is 20+ years for myself and family members and still waiting to reunite with parents. I'm very happy for you and sending prayers for a fulfilling marital life.

coder101

Sep 15, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Intehaa ho gayi intezaar ki
Aayi na kuch khabar meray PPR ki

nish1018

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary: Ottawa Secondary: Vagerville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 20,2016
AOR Received.
October 20,2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 25,2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 2,2017
Finally!! my application has been approved and closed!! thanks god. Thanks a ton for all of your help and support.

dvs07

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
22nd July
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
yes
nish1018 said:
Finally!! my application has been approved and closed!! thanks god. Thanks a ton for all of your help and support.

Congrats friend :)

Can't please share ur timeline.

nish1018

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary: Ottawa Secondary: Vagerville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 20,2016
AOR Received.
October 20,2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 25,2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 2,2017
dvs07 said:
Congrats friend :)

Can't please share ur timeline.
My timelie:

Aor date: October 20,2017
Medical Passed: November 3,2017
BG 1 ; Not needed at this time Nov 3,2017
BG 2 : In Progress Jan 20,2017
PPR request : Jan 25,2017
Passport reached : Jan 27,2017
Approved and closed: Feb 3,2017

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
nish1018 said:
Congratulations Nish !!! You are lucky to get your PPR Super Fast.

Under which category does your application fall ?

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request