Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
RabinJi said:
Singh when will be our turn man?just spoke to an cic agent and he said everything is fine just security is ongoing so nobody knows when it is completed.But I have seen in forum some people from March stucked in security check.Especially who have travelled so many countries like mebut still I have hope before Christmas,let's stay positive Guys whoever left and pray to God
Good luck for who are remaining and congrats for who received Ppr today especially pinga from our group,wari preet
Yess man.. its so hard to wait.. i think i cant call CIC agent before my 6 month are complete... i have heard one my frend called in his 5th and the agent was so nice that he told him that his case was approved. .

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
RabinJi said:
Hi bro now its our turn ok and immediately update here :( :( :(but text to you first.
Cheers
Rabin
Thanks Rabin...it IS your turn...it will come buddy..just taking some time...that's all...

Best wishes! :)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Traveller86 said:
Hi Guys,

Need your help. How should I carry funds into Canada? I am immigrating along with my wife and the min. fund requirement is around 15.5 k CAD. Yesterday I went to my bank and they said that I will be able to convert currency only upto USD 10k. I am planning to take that in cash and travel card. Any suggestions on how should i take the rest of the amount?
Hello

while travelling there are 2 things to keep in mind...first, showing POF during landing and then declaring how much you have at customs...anything over 10K CAD needs to be declared..

coming to the first issue...POF at landing...you can take out bank statements to show POF prior to landing...in some cases it isn't even asked...carry POF nonetheless...

after you have POF, how much to declare?...you have a wide variety of options here, but anything liquid (cash, monetary instruments, travellers cheques, etc) over 10K CAD needs to be declared at customs... two options I can think of are:

Option 1- you can find out in your country if there is the presence of a Canadian Bank...for example, there is a Scotiabank in Mumbai India...people opened accounts there..transferred the money easily...this is the easiest option

Option 2- travel visa cards- these can be easily found and works just fine at all Canadian atms, they usually are multi-currency and there is no limit to how many cards you can have.....and because its not liquid...so no need to declare..customs is not interested in how many cards you have in your wallet-just the amount of liquid cash you are carrying...most importantly, you wont get dinged twice due to exchange rate..once converting from your currency to USD and then USD to CAD..

I would additionally advise you not to carry too much cash..its just not safe...

Best wishes! :)

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Hi Guys,

My 6 months will be completed by the end of this week. I landed in Canada 2 months ago hoing to receive my LMIA and starting to work until PR is issued. But unfortunately, my LMIA was rejected due to a technicality. Nothing wrong with my application though. It was just that my employer removed the ad from Job Bank before LMIA approval.

Anyhow...

I have stayed in Canada as a tourist since, and am too impatient waiting for my PR now.

My question is, when the PPR finally comes, how soon can I start working? Do I need to wait for my PR card, or can I just do the landing and begin working right afterwards?

I am really frustrated and any advice would be highly appreciated.

sandykumar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
OzTraveller said:
Hi Guys,

My 6 months will be completed by the end of this week. I landed in Canada 2 months ago hoing to receive my LMIA and starting to work until PR is issued. But unfortunately, my LMIA was rejected due to a technicality. Nothing wrong with my application though. It was just that my employer removed the ad from Job Bank before LMIA approval.

Anyhow...

I have stayed in Canada as a tourist since, and am too impatient waiting for my PR now.

My question is, when the PPR finally comes, how soon can I start working? Do I need to wait for my PR card, or can I just do the landing and begin working right afterwards?

I am really frustrated and any advice would be highly appreciated.
To my knowledge once you have completed the landing process you will be issued SIN, if you have a valid SIN you are legally entitled to work I don't think you have to wait for the PR Card.

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Got my PPR Guys!!!! :eek: :) :) :) :)

You guys are amazing bunch of people and i'm sure Canada will be glad to have you!

f_shabbir

Nov 5, 2016
Congratulations everyone who got PPR.

I am PNP inland with AOA 3rd June and still waiting :(
Called CIC and they said the security isn't done yet and they don't know when it will be done.
I have no criminal record and I am wondering if any of you know why security is taking longer?