+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR JUNE 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
lazybone said:
Hey Ruchi...first relax...minor issues happen like this all the time..

my only question to you is what does the PPR state validity should be upto? Copy paste the PPR letter here(erase personal info)...I am sure we can come up with a solution...
Dear

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.
Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
RuchiWalia said:
Dear

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.
Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Okay...so its 6 months...and the passport expiry is May 29th...if I am not mistaken..correct?

At the time when they receive your passport it should be valid 6 months...so your passport must reach before Dec/29th...I am unaware if there are some special provisions in case of minors...for that you need to ask CIC...

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
lazybone said:
Okay...so its 6 months...and the passport expiry is May 29th...if I am not mistaken..correct?

At the time when they receive your passport it should be valid 6 months...so your passport must reach before Dec/29th...I am unaware if there are some special provisions in case of minors...for that you need to ask CIC...

Yes expiry was May 29th.. So it means if we submit by Monday which is 12th Dec we should be good

sumitahuja86

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RuchiWalia said:
Yes expiry was May 29th.. So it means if we submit by Monday which is 12th Dec we should be good
Also Ruchi, this is what my PPR email from CPC-Ottawa says (pasting for your reference) :
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

I think they will issue the Visa till 29th MAY, before which you need to travel and get your PR card...Hope this helps

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
sumitahuja86 said:
Also Ruchi, this is what my PPR email from CPC-Ottawa says (pasting for your reference) :
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

I think they will issue the Visa till 29th MAY, before which you need to travel and get your PR card...Hope this helps
Good Stuff Sumit!! :)

Spot on!!!

I would like to add- They will issue the VISA till the expiry of your medicals or the passport expiry...whichevers earlier...

nish1018

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary: Ottawa Secondary: Vagerville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 20,2016
AOR Received.
October 20,2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 25,2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 2,2017
Hello Guys i am so tensed now.

I am seeing lots of people have updates in the my CIC account but after my medical passed i haven't got any update like in my Background status. It still shows Not needed at this time. it never went in progress. . Btw i am CEC inland with LMIA and AOR october.

Please advise id this normal?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
nish1018 said:

I am seeing lots of people have updates in the my CIC account but after my medical passed i haven't got any update like in my Background status. It still shows Not needed at this time. it never went in progress. . Btw i am CEC inland with LMIA and AOR october.

Please advise id this normal? YES
A member-Vijesh had similar experience from this thread and has got his PPR...

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
lazybone said:
Yes...but I thought your spouse and child were in India?
Yes they are in India but are now flying back this weekend..

So that we can submit PP's on time and we are already in Canada, as soon as we will get our passports back we will do flag poling and than will apply for his renewed PP and PR cards.. Our medicals are valid till April 2017, so I think we might get time till than..

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
nish1018 said:

Please advise id this normal?
did u get GCMS notes?

timothy_fx

Feb 1, 2015
Congrats to all ppls have their ppr letter , hope there is not too many officer take their vacation so they can speed up the process, also hope that every one can get their x-mas present before the holiday .

I hope that Santa already know it >< HoHoHo.

BG still in progress since sep.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
RuchiWalia said:
Yes they are in India but are now flying back this weekend..

So that we can submit PP's on time and we are already in Canada, as soon as we will get our passports back we will do flag poling and than will apply for his renewed PP and PR cards.. Our medicals are valid till April 2017, so I think we might get time till than..

Hey ruchi...you guys should be good...going by the dec/12 plan

Best wishes! :)

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Thnks for wishes preet006 bai ji..