AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
shmel83 said:
Dupsy,

Do you know how long it takes for the passport turnaround in the London office? My family leaves the UK in 20 days, and if the PPR comes too late, I will have to request the VO change for them, which would be frustrating...
Hi,

If u don't mine me asking how do u know your visa office is definitely London and are you leaving UK permanently or just on vacation

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I am sure my VO is Ottawa cos all the document requests I got were from Ottawa. Also, my gcms note indicated that my file was transferred to Ottawa VO.

However, regardless of your VO, it is still London VO that will issue COPR for all UK residents, I think.

shmel83 said:
Thanks for the info Dupsy. 3 weeks is quite slow... In that case I will definitely request the VO change.

Well, I don't know for sure if my VO is London, it is just my guess. And you know that your VO is Ottawa? Interesting...

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Londo said:
Hi,

If u don't mine me asking how do u know your visa office is definitely London and are you leaving UK permanently or just on vacation
Hi Londo. As I replied to Dupsy, I am not certain, it is just my guess.

I am in UK on the Tier 2 ICT visa, and my current UK employer is transferring me to Calgary Alberta on May 4th. The employer didn't want to wait for my PR, and applied for the Canadian ICT work permit and visa in parallel, which have been approved last week. The employer is telling me to go to Canada on the visa and then switch to the PR from inside Canada. I am still hoping that the PR comes this or next week, and then I will have 3 weeks to send the passport and get it back with the PR...

My family is going home to Russia in 2.5 weeks and will join me in Canada in the end of July, when I settle and find a place to stay. You don't want go to a new place and live in the hotel and work at the same time having twin little kids:):) This is why I am thinking of ask CIC to change my family VO to Moscow.

Again, I am not sure which VO we are currently attached to until we get the PPR. London is just my guess, but Dupsy made me doubt it is London...

avish1984

Feb 2, 2015
Dear Forum Members,

Firstly I will thank all the members of this forum as each of you have of you have been very helpful in getting all the information that I wanted.

My AOR date was 14/10/2015
Medicals passed 26/10/2015
Ready for Visa e-mail 18/03/2015

My Spouse is the primary applicant and I am her dependent, the visa office for our family was New Delhi India and I have been working in Australia since last 8 months and I had to get my visa office changed to Sydney Australia. I sent an e-mail to CIC for visa office change on 20/3/2016 and first 9 days I had no response from then and I was planning to go to India and get my COPR done, however on 29th of March I received an e-mail stating that my visa office had been changed and I submitted my passport on 1/04/2016 and I received my passport was ready for pick up the last evening.

I am so relived as we have a reached one of the phenomenal milestones, once again thanks a lot for all your help, I processed my case thru so called expert immigration agency who were not at all aware of the express entry system and I had to guide them with all the answers after posting my questions in this forum.

My COPR says that my port of entry will be Toronto and my next question is that should I be landing in Toronto? or can I choose any port of entry of my convenience and prepare for landing in Canada?

I am expected to land on or before 14th September as per AOR, however I am planning to find an employment and then move to Canada latest by last week of May or first week of June.

I know for sure that I will find answer to my question here, so thank you in advance.

Regards,

Avish

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
avish1984 said:
Dear Forum Members,

Firstly I will thank all the members of this forum as each of you have of you have been very helpful in getting all the information that I wanted.

My AOR date was 14/10/2015
Medicals passed 26/10/2015
Ready for Visa e-mail 18/03/2015

Congrats! Good luck and all the very best :) !!!!

My Spouse is the primary applicant and I am her dependent, the visa office for our family was New Delhi India and I have been working in Australia since last 8 months and I had to get my visa office changed to Sydney Australia. I sent an e-mail to CIC for visa office change on 20/3/2016 and first 9 days I had no response from then and I was planning to go to India and get my COPR done, however on 29th of March I received an e-mail stating that my visa office had been changed and I submitted my passport on 1/04/2016 and I received my passport was ready for pick up the last evening.

I am so relived as we have a reached one of the phenomenal milestones, once again thanks a lot for all your help, I processed my case thru so called expert immigration agency who were not at all aware of the express entry system and I had to guide them with all the answers after posting my questions in this forum.

My COPR says that my port of entry will be Toronto and my next question is that should I be landing in Toronto? or can I choose any port of entry of my convenience and prepare for landing in Canada?

If you were not invited under PNP stream, you could land anywhere you want in Canada. No issues here.

I am expected to land on or before 14th September as per AOR, however I am planning to find an employment and then move to Canada latest by last week of May or first week of June.

Yea, make sure you land before the date mentioned on COPR. One you land and activate your PR status, you could go back, finish unfinished business, search for employment and then come back when you find one. Good luck!

I know for sure that I will find answer to my question here, so thank you in advance.

Regards,

Avish

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
shmel83 said:
Hi Londo. As I replied to Dupsy, I am not certain, it is just my guess.

I am in UK on the Tier 2 ICT visa, and my current UK employer is transferring me to Calgary Alberta on May 4th. The employer didn't want to wait for my PR, and applied for the Canadian ICT work permit and visa in parallel, which have been approved last week. The employer is telling me to go to Canada on the visa and then switch to the PR from inside Canada. I am still hoping that the PR comes this or next week, and then I will have 3 weeks to send the passport and get it back with the PR...

My family is going home to Russia in 2.5 weeks and will join me in Canada in the end of July, when I settle and find a place to stay. You don't want go to a new place and live in the hotel and work at the same time having twin little kids:):) This is why I am thinking of ask CIC to change my family VO to Moscow.

Again, I am not sure which VO we are currently attached to until we get the PPR. London is just my guess, but Dupsy made me doubt it is London...
Hi Shmel83,

Thanks for the reply and I totally understand your reasoning. From what I have heard so far and personal experience London VO take their time with everything but I hope and pray your PPR is just around the corner.

I will look out for your PPR celebration message :D

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Nav_S said:
Guys. For FSW inland, how many days on average does cic takes to return passport after PR Visa?
From my research, around 10 days after they receive your passports!

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Thanks. That is 10 business days? I have to plan something so making sure that I get my passport before I go

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Nav_S said:
Thanks. That is 10 business days? I have to plan something so making sure that I get my passport before I go
Yes, business days.. I am planning my landing procedure, so I was worried about that too =)

brunotorreao

Apr 6, 2016
Hey guys, less than 24h later, I received my PPR! It came from my LVO, in São Paulo.
Now everything is ok, and I'll send my passports today.
Thank you for all your help and good luck!

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
brunotorreao said:
Hey guys, less than 24h later, I received my PPR! It came from my LVO, in São Paulo.
Now everything is ok, and I'll send my passports today.
Thank you for all your help and good luck!
That was fast! Happy for you :D
Did they explain what happened, or just sent the PPR?