14th October
Passport Req..
18th April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2016
LANDED..........
Waiting...
miltoncsekuet said:
Once you are accepted ITA, then no need to think about validity of EE, job bank and province nomination.
Is that mean my profile and province nomination will remain active until any decision made on my application?

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
NSethi1976 said:
Is that mean my profile and province nomination will remain active until any decision made on my application?
Yes. When your EE application is rejected then everything will be invalid.

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
AAA2133, as mentioned on the previous post, passports sent on April 5th.. just checked and they were delivered today (April 6th)

Ally2015

Star Member
May 28, 2015
hi guys! I've been stressing over something I would like to share and also please get your comments about. After months of silence (since meds passed on the 29th October) we got a ghost Mail on the 16 th of March than nothing. On the 3rd of April Bg finally goes into progress (got the mail and checked cic). The day after another mail and a letter on my cic asking for ours kids passports (we didn't realize but they expire in May) and our Bg changed to not needed at this time. On Tuesday I rushed to get both passports done, and on that same day, and before I submitted the new ones, I got another ghost mail but there was nothing. After submitting the document request part states provided and the Bg remains as not needed at this time...
I have gone trough this in my head over and over...

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Ally2015 said:
hi guys! I've been stressing over something I would like to share and also please get your comments about. After months of silence (since meds passed on the 29th October) we got a ghost Mail on the 16 th of March than nothing. On the 3rd of April Bg finally goes into progress (got the mail and checked cic). The day after another mail and a letter on my cic asking for ours kids passports (we didn't realize but they expire in May) and our Bg changed to not needed at this time. On Tuesday I rushed to get both passports done, and on that same day, and before I submitted the new ones, I got another ghost mail but there was nothing. After submitting the document request part states provided and the Bg remains as not needed at this time...

It will be fine, i do not see any problem in it. Though it may take sometime for them to process new documents. If you still feel something needs to be done from your end. Raise a CSE with LOE that passports were given for Renewal. I think you ll hear something good from them soon.

feline44

Feb 18, 2016
thanuxxi said:
Congrats to all the recent PPR =)

I meant to say this as soon as I got my PPR but I was too excited celebrating:

For the ones still waiting, “the pain that you’ve been feeling can’t compare to the joy that’s coming”

Please hang in there! Soon enough the so much expected e-mail will come!

AAA2133, could you please update the spreadsheet? Passports sent on April 5th =)

Also, I have a question? Usually how long is the COPR valid for? I am planning my landing process and would like to get more info on this!

Good luck all
Hi thanuxxi,
Your CoPR can be at most valid until the day of expiry of your medicals. I had the same question before, and have done some investigations. My recently received CoPR also confirms this.
Btw it is mentioned in the CoPR that there is no opportunity to extend this due date.
Hope this helps.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Ally2015 said:
If u had a bad visa officer he/she could have declined without making a request. That obviously isn't the case so don't worry it will be fine. Did u get a time frame to provide the passports and did u stick to this?

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I had a similar situation. I don't know how we missed it that my Spouse's passport was soon expiring. We only realised it when we received our GCMS notes few days before the expiry date of the passport (6th March). We immediately initiated the renewal of the passport but we could not get it before the expiry date

We were sent an additional information request to upload new passport on 7th March (deadline of 14th March), we uploaded the new passport on 11th March. We did not hear anything until 31st March when our BG changed to "in Progress" and a ghost email after, which I believe is the notification for the background status change.

So do not worry too much about it. IRCC might look at your file immediately or might take another 1-2 weeks before they revisit your file. If they had wanted to reject you, I doubt they would have requested for new passport for your kids.

Ally2015 said:

Ally2015

Star Member
May 28, 2015
dupsy21 said:
I had a similar situation. I don't know how we missed it that my Spouse's passport was soon expiring. We only realised it when we received our GCMS notes few days before the expiry date of the passport (6th March). We immediately initiated the renewal of the passport but we could not get it before the expiry date

We were sent an additional information request to upload new passport on 7th March (deadline of 14th March), we uploaded the new passport on 11th March. We did not hear anything until 31st March when our BG changed to "in Progress" and a ghost email after, which I believe is the notification for the background status change.

So do not worry too much about it. IRCC might look at your file immediately or might take another 1-2 weeks before they revisit your file. If they had wanted to reject you, I doubt they would have requested for new passport for your kids.

Thanks Lodo, cjs and dupsy. It was stupid of us not to get new passports earlier but we really didn't realize.. I hope it doesn't get stuck for very long, I feel I'm losing it. Did you guys get ppr yet? Dupsy I'm also hoping they asked for this update for a good reason..

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
20 days left until the 6 month mark. It is becoming very very hard to wait...

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I am FSW (Outland) UK too but 2 more days to reach 6 month after AOR. BG in progress since 31st March.

I am hoping I get PPR before I reach 6 month mark.

shmel83 said:
20 days left until the 6 month mark. It is becoming very very hard to wait...

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
I am FSW (Outland) UK too but 2 more days to reach 6 month after AOR. BG in progress since 31st March.

Yesterday 4 Outlands were given PPR. We should hope our turn is just around the corner this week, or maybe early next week.

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:

Dupsy,

Do you know how long it takes for the passport turnaround in the London office? My family leaves the UK in 20 days, and if the PPR comes too late, I will have to request the VO change for them, which would be frustrating...

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
It took over 3 weeks for someone (March 14th to 6th April) that posted on this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-for-london-visa-office-t397951.0.html

shmel83 said:
Dupsy,

Do you know how long it takes for the passport turnaround in the London office? My family leaves the UK in 20 days, and if the PPR comes too late, I will have to request the VO change for them, which would be frustrating...

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
It took over 3 weeks for someone (March 14th to 6th April) that posted on this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-for-london-visa-office-t397951.0.html
Thanks for the info Dupsy. 3 weeks is quite slow... In that case I will definitely request the VO change.

Well, I don't know for sure if my VO is London, it is just my guess. And you know that your VO is Ottawa? Interesting...