+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in OCTOBER - let's get together

Sara88

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

Application approved and closed on 29th March. Received Passport and COPR today :)

brunotorreao

Apr 6, 2016
Guys, i've been a silent reader of this forum too. I'm from Brazil, applied through FSW-Express Entry.
My timeline is as follows:

Applied: August 7
ITA: August 21
AOR: October 19
Meds Passed: October 22
Background check: In Progress March 22

Then, today, i got an email from MyCIC, but not the Ready for VISA email. Just a regular one, saying i had a new message.
I naturally thought it would be a ghost email.
To my surprise, i really did have a new message, and on that message, CIC is asking for my passports, to finalize my TEMPORARY RESIDENCE application process!
I'll copy the letter here:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements:
 Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
 There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
 Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada
 Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

Than it just says i should send the passports to the Canadian Consulate General in São Paulo.

It really looks like a temporary residence letter!
It is freaking me out! They use my Express Entry code in the letter, I don't understand how can they mess this up!
Is there any way i can contact CIC? Phone or email? Can't seem to find that on MyCIC.

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance.

thunder007

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi all,

Application approved and closed: 04/04/2016
Return tracker activated: 05/04/2016
CoPR recieved: 06/04/2016
Landing : Scheduled

Hang in there yours' is around the corner

Cheers

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
brunotorreao said:
Guys, i've been a silent reader of this forum too. I'm from Brazil, applied through FSW-Express Entry.

Then, today, i got an email from MyCIC, but not the Ready for VISA email. Just a regular one, saying i had a new message.
To my surprise, i really did have a new message, and on that message, CIC is asking for my passports, to finalize my TEMPORARY RESIDENCE application process!

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements:
 Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada
 Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

Than it just says i should send the passports to the Canadian Consulate General in São Paulo.

It is freaking me out! They use my Express Entry code in the letter, I don't understand how can they mess this up!
Is there any way i can contact CIC? Phone or email? Can't seem to find that on MyCIC.

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance.
Huh. Maybe the agent just selected the wrong letter template, or something? I mean, they're not typing each of them, obviously, maybe he clicked somewhere in the wrong place... You could write to the email the letter came from and ask them.

brunotorreao

Apr 6, 2016
ellia said:
Huh. Maybe the agent just selected the wrong letter template, or something? I mean, they're not typing each of them, obviously, maybe he clicked somewhere in the wrong place... You could write to the email the letter came from and ask them.
That's the thing, it came directly to MyCIC profile. I can't just reply.
The email i received was the regular "donotreply@cic.gc.ca - Your application has been updated"

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
brunotorreao said:
That's the thing, it came directly to MyCIC profile. I can't just reply.
The email i received was the regular "donotreply@cic.gc.ca - Your application has been updated"
Hmmm. Then the other option would be CSE and/or calling them. Either way I think it's obvious it's a mistake on their part, and you don't need to worry too much. In fact, I think, once you resolve this issue, you'll get your actual PPR.
Yeah, about calling, you're an outlander, right? The general 1-888-... phone number won't work, use this one: +1-613-944-400 and follow the instructions of the system.
Good luck!

brunotorreao

Apr 6, 2016
ellia said:
Hmmm. Then the other option would be CSE and/or calling them. Either way I think it's obvious it's a mistake on their part, and you don't need to worry too much. In fact, I think, once you resolve this issue, you'll get your actual PPR.
Yes, just did the CSE. Hope to get an answer soon. I think someone made a mistake and I should be receiving the PPR today, but now... Who knows when I'll get it... damn bad luck...

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
brunotorreao said:
Yes, just did the CSE. Hope to get an answer soon. I think someone made a mistake and I should be receiving the PPR today, but now... Who knows when I'll get it... damn bad luck...
Sorry, just updated my last post - you could also try calling them.
Don't worry, I think you'll get it pretty fast, since your file is RFV and it's their mistake.

brunotorreao

Apr 6, 2016
ellia said:
Sorry, just updated my last post - you could also try calling them.
Don't worry, I think you'll get it pretty fast, since your file is RFV and it's their mistake.
I'll try calling them too. Thanks a lot Ellia!

cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunotorreao said:
I'll try calling them too. Thanks a lot Ellia!
Emailing directly to the LVO is generally faster than CSE in my experience.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
brunotorreao said:

Passport requirements:

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance.
Did you by any chance apply for a form of temporary residence program along with the permanent residency on same profile?

Just wondering hw they could miss that and call PR application and TR application.