+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in OCTOBER - let's get together

ronnie_rocket_fan

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 days short of 5 months.. beginning to get really restless.. CIC agents should come and look at the AOR threads on this forum, they will probably get an idea about how many people are eagerly waiting.. haha.. Come on guys, show some mercy :p :p

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
I completed 5 months today. CIC has asked to provide PCC for South Korea where I stayed for less than 5 months and asking for PCC in such situation is not stipulated. To add to that there aren't many PPRs on this thread for Octobeans and the average processing times are just getting beaten up.

My best guess is that the agent working on my case would have a huge work load to finish and to show some progress to the bosses he would simply put the processing time on hold and shift the pressure from him to me by asking for a PCC. Although, it's just my theory as I didn't find anyone who stayed in a country for less than 5 months getting a PCC, or did I miss any thing?

Now I just don't know whether I'll get my PPR in 6 months time or not as I'm yet to get the PCC.

ronnie_rocket_fan

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys one quick question.. I have had a couple traffic violations when I resided in the USA.
Would that in anyway negatively impact my application? My USA FBI PCC does not speak of any traffic violations,
since I am assuming they will only contain criminal information ( please correct me if I'm wrong here)..
Once incident in particular that is bothering me, I was driving under a suspended licence..I was pulled over once and arrested..
I was unaware that my licenece was suspended ( the reason was there was a window tint ticket that I failed to pay up..
coz I had missed the ticket due to change in address and kept missing the reminders to pay for the ticket and eventually license was suspended)..
I was immediately released by paying for a bond of some sorts and cleared up all outstanding fines...
I had a freshly issued license and all was well from then on..

I really would like to know if that cud be a reason for delay or a cause of concern?
Also I never receieved any additional doc request so far including Schedule A to declare this arrest and all the relevant information regarding the same..
Experts please share your thoughts.. Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ronnie_rocket_fan said:
Hey Guys one quick question.. I have had a couple traffic violations when I resided in the USA.
Would that in anyway negatively impact my application? My USA FBI PCC does not speak of any traffic violations,
since I am assuming they will only contain criminal information ( please correct me if I'm wrong here)..
Once incident in particular that is bothering me, I was driving under a suspended licence..I was pulled over once and arrested..
I was unaware that my licenece was suspended ( the reason was there was a window tint ticket that I failed to pay up..
coz I had missed the ticket due to change in address and kept missing the reminders to pay for the ticket and eventually license was suspended)..
I was immediately released by paying for a bond of some sorts and cleared up all outstanding fines...
I had a freshly issued license and all was well from then on..

I really would like to know if that cud be a reason for delay or a cause of concern?
Also I never receieved any additional doc request so far including Schedule A to declare this arrest and all the relevant information regarding the same..
Experts please share your thoughts.. Thanks in advance
Traffic violations are no cause to worry. They are all misdemeanors (minor offences). CIC does not care about traffic tickets. So you are all good. Relax.

blogger123

Feb 24, 2016
Guys,

Is there anyone in the October/September thread with the following symptoms asked for additional docs - if not, refused by CIC?
a) UPDATED -> SUBMITTED (I think most of us know what this means, so not emphasizing on it much :p)
b) The above followed by a ghost e-mail next day

Hearty congrats to everyone who received the PPR....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
blogger123 said:
Guys,

Is there anyone in the October/September thread with the following symptoms asked for additional docs - if not, refused by CIC?
a) UPDATED -> SUBMITTED (I think most of us know what this means, so not emphasizing on it much :p)

Relax. Sometimes you receive the ghost email after an update has been made on your file. This is why you see your status updated, and when you check it, it goes back to submitted. The following day you receive a ghost email. This is very normal.

Usually, this happens when your file has progressed, but there is nothing to show on the fields.

Everyone has experienced this, or will experience this at some stage in the application.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all who have received PPR's.. What email address does the mail comes from..?

What I'm asking is if the mail comes Ottawa or from your local VO..

guys from India who have got their PPR's ..did it come from New Delhi VO..?

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
blogger123 said:
Guys,

Same thing happened to my profile. the only positive aspect was BG when to "in progress" after submitting the replacement document.

So it's all good.

keeping fingers crossed and praying.

manishsoni

Oct 16, 2015
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
To all who have received PPR's.. What email address does the mail comes from..?

What I'm asking is if the mail comes Ottawa or from your local VO..

guys from India who have got their PPR's ..did it come from New Delhi VO..?
I received Ready for Visa email from CPC-Ottawa. The email address mentioned in email body is for Manila VO as I am in South Korea. I think this should be similar to others based on their country of residence who received Ready to visa email.

tanmaya

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A general question to the forum

I am based in Canada and my wife currently is in India. In case if I get a PPR request, is it possible to change VO for my wife only; as she is there visiting family and her coming back doesnt look like a possibility atleast in next month or so.

Please advise.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
tanmaya said:
A general question to the forum

I am based in Canada and my wife currently is in India. In case if I get a PPR request, is it possible to change VO for my wife only; as she is there visiting family and her coming back doesnt look like a possibility atleast in next month or so.

Please advise.
Yes, applicants in the past have done it successfully. When you receive the PPR, send an email to the email mentioned in the email. Just make sure that you write an email with the details and make sure it is clear. You don't want to mess up things at this stage. Keep it simple and straight.

You should have a change in the VO for your wife from Ottawa to NDVO within a week to 15 days. And when you get the change, you get another 30 days to get the passport to the NDVO. So the original 30 day period is reset from the day when the request is approved.

tanmaya

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
Yes, applicants in the past have done it successfully. When you receive the PPR, send an email to the email mentioned in the email. Just make sure that you write an email with the details and make sure it is clear. You don't want to mess up things at this stage. Keep it simple and straight.

You should have a change in the VO for your wife from Ottawa to NDVO within a week to 15 days. And when you get the change, you get another 30 days to get the passport to the NDVO. So the original 30 day period is reset from the day when the request is approved.
Thanks Legalfalcon

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
fkl said:
AAA2133, were you asked for new pics upon landing at border for PR card?

Note that I am not asking about the ones we have to send with passports? I have heard of mixed feedback. Some people were asked - others weren't.

Thanks
No, only CoPR+US refusal+Workpermit (I brought all other documents though to be ready). But I sent my Passport after new photo specs was released. I'm thinking maybe they ask people who sent their photos according the old spec and are landing after the spec has changed. It's just my blind speculation of the mixed feedback you said.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.